Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters.

Is the Wii version missing anything that the PS3/360 versions have (besides better graphics)? Do the Wii motion controls on the Woods games work similar to the Wii Sports Golf game? The last Woods PGA game I bought was on the PS2.
Also, Toys R Us online has the games for 25% off and free shipping. I don't see the PS3 CE on the site.
Old 03-25-11, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
Is the Wii version missing anything that the PS3/360 versions have (besides better graphics)? Do the Wii motion controls on the Woods games work similar to the Wii Sports Golf game? The last Woods PGA game I bought was on the PS2.
Also, Toys R Us online has the games for 25% off and free shipping. I don't see the PS3 CE on the site.
Speaking just from playing Tiger on the Wii from a few years back, it works well with the motion plus thing and this year's version can also use the Wii balance board too apparently.

$20 credit at amazon as well if you pre-order it.
Old 03-25-11, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those not paying attention to the deals thread, amazon now has a $25 credit to pre-order this. Unfortunately, that still doesn't include the PS3 Collectors Edition. That means you're essentially paying $35 for a special putter and 5 courses if you go with that version.
Old 03-25-11, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm getting the normal version. I wouldn't mind the 5 extra courses but unlike the past years, I see myself playing Augusta almost every time.
Old 03-25-11, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,201 Likes on 4,228 Posts

Tiger Woods and Amy Poehler playing TW 12 with Move controls on Jimmy Fallon : link
Old 03-25-11, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Tiger Woods and Amy Poehler playing TW 12 with Move controls on Jimmy Fallon : link
Wow, does that ever not want me to play using Move
Old 03-25-11, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by astrochimp
Wow, does that ever not want me to play using Move
Seriously. At one point, it looked like Tiger had finished his swing by the time his avatar actually started moving.
Old 03-25-11, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm reviewing the XBox version now and in regards to extra courses, when you play career there are tourneys involving add-on courses; the benefit to owning them is it gives you more chances to increase in the rankings and qualify for the Majors in-game.

Sadly, it looks like they are going to nickel and dime for each and every DLC course. I'm sure there will be a mega-pack or two, but it is sad to see what was once standard has been taken away. I was very angry when I upgraded to the 360 and got a copy of 07, that a lot of courses from the standard XBox version were gone or relegated to DLC.
Old 03-26-11, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Sadly, it looks like they are going to nickel and dime for each and every DLC course. I'm sure there will be a mega-pack or two, but it is sad to see what was once standard has been taken away. I was very angry when I upgraded to the 360 and got a copy of 07, that a lot of courses from the standard XBox version were gone or relegated to DLC.
Beautiful. EA is bringing on the "microtransactions" with a vengeance. I love imagining the board meeting where someone says, "I like that idea - but is there some way we could remove it from the game and charge $7.95 on the Marketplace after the consumer has already paid $60 for the original product?"
Old 03-26-11, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah. I can't go into specifics (at least until my review goes up, which will be Tuesday) but I came across something in game that is bound to make a lot of players extremely angry when it comes to DLC and the career mode.
Old 03-26-11, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah. I can't go into specifics (at least until my review goes up, which will be Tuesday) but I came across something in game that is bound to make a lot of players extremely angry when it comes to DLC and the career mode.
Really, EA making us angry? I don't believe it!

I really like this demo especially when i went back to playing TW10 its quite a difference in graphics. Which reminds me they are still selling the add-on courses for 10 at 600 points each. I never bought any nor will i ever at that price.

I really enjoy TW Online especially now that ive upgraded my PC but there's some really good deals on this game here so might be too hard to pass up.
Old 03-26-11, 11:28 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

I'm not angry about it any more, it's not a surprise this year, so I will make a judgement based on the number of courses on the disc and what value it is worth. When each DLC course comes out, I will review and evaluate each one to determine if it is worth the $5 to $7 price tag. With the $25 Amazon credit, the game is providing 14 courses for $35, $2.50 a course; so each extra DLC course is roughly 3x the cost of the ones on the disc. By my math, Rock Band charges roughly the same difference in price for on disc songs vs DLC songs.
Old 03-28-11, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Best Buy here has a deal where you can trade in three games and get TW12 for "free". The games have to have a minimum trade in value of $8 so i'm gonna hand in a few i haven't been playing and get this game tomorrow.
Old 03-28-11, 04:11 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

For those interested in Boba Fett's review on VGT and reviews on other sites, the embargo for Tiger is 12 p.m. PT tomorrow.
Old 03-28-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

I pre ordered thru Amazon with a $20 credit I had. Nice to see Amazon staying so competitive with image... Plus no tax and free two day shipping.
Old 03-29-11, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Let me guess. You have to buy extra courses in order to complete the career.
Old 03-29-11, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There's already 18 courses for download on Xbox Live most at 320 points but a few are 560. Nice EA

edit- Just noticed there's two packs containing all of the course with one at 2800 and the other at 1200 so for "only" 4000 points you can have all the add-on courses. I shouldnt have been so hard on EA i guess

Last edited by astrochimp; 03-29-11 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-29-11, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There's already 18 courses for download on Xbox Live most at 320 points but a few are 560. Nice EA

edit- Just noticed there's two packs containing all of the course with one at 2800 and the other at 1200 so for "only" 4000 points you can have all the add-on courses. I shouldnt have been so hard on EA i guess
We should just be impressed they didn't make Augusta a $20 or $30 course you had to download after buying this year's game. I could see them doing that.

Edit: Then again, I guess I'm paying $35 for Augusta (after amazon discount) since there's no way I'd be buying this year's version if it weren't for the Masters change.

Last edited by redcat; 03-29-11 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-29-11, 09:52 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

So less than $3 per course if you buy the pack? I think for TW11, the offered sales after a while, so it may pay to wait.

I'm not sure why everyone gives Harmonix a pass, I felt the same way the first couple weeks after RB3 came out, they had Doors, Billy Joel, and Bon Jovi packs for the low price of $20 each. The TW12 pack sounds like a better deal to me, to be honest.
Old 03-29-11, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Drexl
Let me guess. You have to buy extra courses in order to complete the career.
From IGN:

The game finally incorporates DLC courses into the career mode, though in an awkward way. As you play the career, you'll try to enter a tournament attached to a DLC course. The game will stop you and inform you to go purchase the course from the store, or skip the event. Having a good chunk of my career mode blocked off sucks, and comes off as crass. By comparison, the Wii version of the game, which features no DLC, comes with 25 courses. If course amount is a deciding factor in your purchase, the cheaper Wii version has nine more courses than its HD counterparts.
Old 03-29-11, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,201 Likes on 4,228 Posts

Damn. Kmart didn't get any PS3 Collector's Editions.
Old 03-29-11, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daryl
From IGN:

The game finally incorporates DLC courses into the career mode, though in an awkward way. As you play the career, you'll try to enter a tournament attached to a DLC course. The game will stop you and inform you to go purchase the course from the store, or skip the event. Having a good chunk of my career mode blocked off sucks, and comes off as crass. By comparison, the Wii version of the game, which features no DLC, comes with 25 courses. If course amount is a deciding factor in your purchase, the cheaper Wii version has nine more courses than its HD counterparts.
That's insane. I'm still getting the game if for no other reason so I can play Augusta, but still. I assume you can still "finish" the game without buying new courses though. By finish I mean win the money title, win the FedEx Cup, win player of the year or whatever other achievements there are but it seems idiotic that, for example, the Arnold Palmer Invitational is next on the schedule and I can't enter the tournament because I haven't bought Bay Hill. I guess my private jet broke down and I wasn't able to get to Orlando on time to enter the tournament.

DLC should only be additions to the game and not part of the game.
Old 03-29-11, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by PerryD
So less than $3 per course if you buy the pack? I think for TW11, the offered sales after a while, so it may pay to wait.
If I remember correctly, the packs weren't released when the courses came out, they came out later.
Old 03-29-11, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

I'm a few hours in and am torn on the new layout. The presentation is great but I'm not a fan of how it doesn't have a standard calendar schedule for events. I guess having them listed once your a Pro is basically the same but it feels different. I've completed all but 3 of the Masters Moments (Pass, not Master). I want to finish those off so I can qualify for the Masters on my first run through the PGA schedule.

You can import XP if you have a Tiger 11 save. I started off with 20K XP to play with. My character is already in the high 50's for all stats.
Old 03-29-11, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never understood why embargos are later than when the general public can purchase the game.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.