Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SSX: Deadly Decents

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SSX: Deadly Decents

Been playing this for a few hours last night. Amazing game. Some very minor gripes I have is. I think the menu screen could be a little bit more organized especially when rotating the mountains and drops as they all have a similar look.
I also wished they we had a book manual instead on online only. The tutorial is great. But if I am in the middle of a race and have not memorized every single move yet, a book manual could come in handy.

A question I have is. Are the RiderNet leaderboards only for the SSX players you add as a friend?
I added some SSX buddies which is great to challenge with for high scores. I’ve notices that after a race it seems to only show the SSX players scores on the RiderNet leaderboards that are on my buddy list and not list rankings of anyone that owns SSX in general.

Probably need to play and practice more. I am having a blast even though I am not that great Will be over a friend’s house tonight for a little SSX marathon.

Last edited by Rainet; 02-29-12 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-29-12, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainet
I also wished they we had a book manual instead on online only. The tutorial is great. But if I am in the middle of a race and have not memorized every single move yet, a book manual could come in handy.
Totally. EA's been massive dicks about instruction books lately, not even bothering to print a single page for a game anymore. Albeit, a lot of games don't really need printed instructions, but a game like SSX needs at least a controls/trick reference sheet - would it have broke their bank to include something like that on a $60 game? Assholes!
Old 02-29-12, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, I thought of something I wanted to ask: what exactly does the online pass get you? Like I said, I rented it, so I didn't have the online pass, but I could still see online ghosts and participate in all of the RiderNet leaderboards and events.
Old 02-29-12, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a good question. I couldn't really tell either - and yeah, I was seeing your scores and shit in the global events, etc.
Old 02-29-12, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In SSX, players without an Online Pass are able to compete and play in both of SSX's online game modes, Explore and Global Events with no restrictions. In Global Events, the top finishers from each event are awarded with in-game credits. These in-game credits earned during play will not be awarded to the player if they do not have an Online Pass; these credits will be stored so that at any time, if a player redeems an Online Pass code, all the credits that they had previously earned in Global Events will be immediately awarded to them.

Source
Old 02-29-12, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Wow, that's surprisingly reasonable! Thanks for the info.
Old 02-29-12, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
That's a good question. I couldn't really tell either - and yeah, I was seeing your scores and shit in the global events, etc.
Were you seeing them because I beat your score in each and every one of them?
Old 02-29-12, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I put a lot of time in to this since yesterday morning. Love it. I have a few gripes, but they're minor. I really wish there was a half-pipe somewhere. The majority of the courses don't seem as trick friendly as previous games. Usually when I get huge air I'll end up flying off the side of the mountain or in a crevasse. I just wish there was a crazy trick course where death wasn't a factor.

Also the World Tour part of the game is very short. I already finished the nine deadly descents and unlocked all the characters. But I guess the explore mode is what it's all about anyway. It's definitley geared toward community play with geotags and global events and RiderNet stuff. Hopefully more people on my friends list pick this up. Love the idea that you're constantly competing against them without actually having to be online at the same time.
Old 02-29-12, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Were you seeing them because I beat your score in each and every one of them?
No, I was seeing them because you're on my friends list and that's what gets populated on my screen.
Old 02-29-12, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No, I was seeing them because you're on my friends list and that's what gets populated on my screen.
Okay. Well, I did beat each and every one of your scores this morning. Just for the record.
Old 02-29-12, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 02-29-12, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Feels like talking to motherfucking Pinata in the PFX2 thread already.
Old 02-29-12, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Feels like talking to motherfucking Pinata in the PFX2 thread already.
I suck at pinball, so I have to overcompensate with SSX. I rented it for one more night (thanks to the Week of Free Redbox Game Rentals), so I'll be playing some more tonight.
Old 02-29-12, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, well I bought it. So when your poor ass can actually afford to buy it, you can spend more time beating my scores again.
Old 02-29-12, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Okay. Well, I did beat each and every one of your scores this morning. Just for the record.
Care to say how many attempts it took you? I got a badge for having a ghost of mine win 30 times against a rival(friend).

Somewhat related I like the "while you were out" messages that come up when you boot up after an absence.
Old 03-01-12, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Care to say how many attempts it took you? I got a badge for having a ghost of mine win 30 times against a rival(friend).

Somewhat related I like the "while you were out" messages that come up when you boot up after an absence.
The ones this morning only took a few attempts each at the most. The one I tried tonight took maybe 7 or 8.

I am strongly considering trading in some of my completed games and picking this up. It's really addictive.
Old 03-01-12, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Do it. Then you can get all those credits that will be waiting for you.
Old 03-01-12, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gonna take me a bit to get used to it and practice the runs but I really am loving this game. Since it took so long to get this game I'm thrilled that it is so damn fun.
Old 03-01-12, 04:58 AM

I love this game.
Old 03-01-12, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What control scheme is everyone using? Still taking me a while to get used to using the right stick.
Old 03-01-12, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm old school so I go with the buttons.
Old 03-01-12, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm using the classic setup with the shoulder buttons for tricks. It was a little confusing at first because it's been awhile... plus the tutorials and tips on the loading screens don't apply to the classic setup... but now that it's been a few days I'm back in the groove.
Old 03-01-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Buttons, yo.
Old 03-01-12, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I like the using the buttons better as it feels a bit more visceral than using the stick.
Old 03-01-12, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While he won't be winning me any races my 2 year old did get me 3 Geotags in one level. He's also got a bunch of badges in the game as well. He's better at the game than my wife. Wait...make that 4 tags now. That last one was worth 13,000.

I was begining to worry about his gaming skills because in Skylanders he just runs into walls. I feared he would spend his life playing on....*gulp*....Easy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.