Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Killzone 3 (February 2011)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-11, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Re: Killzone 3 (February 2011)

I finally got caught up in a Salamun Market loop. It's fun a couple of times in a row, but not so much after that.
Old 03-03-11, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here at Guerrilla Games we have been busy fixing bugs and adding features based on your continued feedback. The good news is we’re now readying our next patch to go live later next week. It is currently undergoing extensive testing and we’ll confirm the exact time and date of release once we have it.

This is the first of a number of patches that we have in mind. If you can't find your favorite fix on this list it is most probably in one of the next patches. If you want an idea on some of the other stuff that are coming in future patches, check out the End of Open Beta announcement. We will keep you updated on other fixes as soon as we can.

Below is a detailed list of all of the fixes and changes included in patch 1.04:

CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY

Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
Performance – Improvements to party creation server load
Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
Menu - Single click squad invite
Menu - Enhanced idle detection code in menu, the player isn’t spawned if he’s still pressing buttons
Security - Several security, anti hack and cheat fixes

BUG FIXES

Stability – Fix for an occasional crash bug when in the Credits screen and transitioning straight into Multiplayer via a Invite
Stability – Fix for potential hang when players migrate between maps
Gameplay - Player can retain crouched collision after deploying jetpack
Gameplay - The Assassination Executioner medals only count Deadly Assassin kills, not Executioner kills
Gameplay - Cloak kills with weapons that break cloak now count towards medal for Cloak levels 1 and 2.
Gameplay - Global - Medic’s Triage droids now disappear when player quits out of game
Gameplay - Cloak/Disguise cannot be removed manually by accident anymore
Gameplay – Fix for rumble in Exo being over-powered and out of sync
Gameplay – Fix for Silent Footsteps remaining active after choosing other skill and removed from the personal stats menu
Exploit - Akmir Snowdrift - Player can reach the boat by using an ammo box to exit the intended boundaries
Functionality – Disc eject now handled more gracefully
Trophies - DLC 1 ‘Little Big Weapons’ Trophy does now counts rocket launcher and StA2
Clan functionality – Fix for player quitting and re-joining a tournament, they may re-enter a tournament alone.
Menu - Find game – Operations - Mode description - Spelling issue fixed
Menu - Friends: Fix for Clan tags being displayed for a max of nine players despite the number of player that are in the clan
Menu – Fix for incorrect message given when attempting to join a Clan Game that an online friend is taking place in
Menu - Spawn-screen – Fix for when the extra Primary Weapon skill is equipped, the weapon description goes out of sync
Menu - Accolades do now show subsequently
Menu - When receiving a squad invite from a player in another match, there is now a warning that the player will leave his current game.
Menu - Scramble detailed range and in-game range now match properly
Menu - The Spot and Mark description in the unlock menu is now correct
Menu – Fix for when the player presses the SQUARE button when a player that is in their game is highlighted in the squad lobby menu they receive the message ‘You cannot join a play that is not in a game.’
Menu - Turn off animations for the squad list to avoid it becoming unreadable every time a rebuild occurs when voice chat is activated
Menu – Fix for when trying to join a friend without the required DLC pack, the message will tell the player they are part of a squad.
Menu – Fix for the message informing the player they are attempting to join a DLC game without the required DLC content installed reading better
Menu - Increased Accuracy & Faster Reload Ribbons now update in the personal statistics screen.

Additional to this, we are performing regular and significant Server updates to help with connection issues such as the -9 Error (fix deployed Thursday 3rd of March) as well as improving performance and lag.

We have already begun work on further patches to include additional gameplay improvements, feature upgrades and a variety of bug fixes. If you are experiencing any problems with Killzone 3 please check out our FAQ or hit the forums where we will be on hand to answer any of your questions.

Thanks for your time and patience,

Guerrilla Games
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/bl...ouncement.html
Old 03-04-11, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by musick
Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
Finally!!! Now, maybe I can do my job without getting killed half the time!!
Old 03-04-11, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, now they patch the Little Big Weapons Trophy after I just got it with the machine pistol. It would have been so much easier to just use rockets.
Old 03-05-11, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Played a bit yesterday before heading out for the night and had an absolutely amazing round at Warzone. Scored over 7000 points. At one point I lobbed a grenade, got a triple kill, and then got an assist on a 4th kill all after I'd already been shot and was waiting for a medic, it was pretty funny.
Old 03-10-11, 07:41 AM

Ha, I finally had a pretty great game too. The mighty medic scored almost 9000 with 30 kills, 18 assists but with 38 deaths.

It was in a Warzone match on the Turbine map. The ISA guys set up shop in that underground control room and it was just too easy, lob grenades then jump in with the medic bot and LMG and clear it out. They'd eventually kill me but never "all the way" since I was always able to get back up and knock a couple more off before they killed me again.

My score could have been even bigger if they would have released the patch with the medic fixes, so many guys needing a medic but I could never get close enough to them without getting killed. HURRY UP with that patch already!!!
Old 03-11-11, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The patch has been released!
Old 03-15-11, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Free retro map pack and theme from Edge (and if you go through the process again, you can get a code for 3 Unlock Points):

Originally posted here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=193475

Go here-
http://edgeshave.com/ps3

Enter in your info (Fake or Real) The email can be fake too, but must have a @ and a .com (Example- [email protected] will work)

CANADIANS- Use a fake American Address to still get the code (Example- You can slam the keyboard for all of the slots and just make the state "CA" and the Zip Code "90210" and it will still work). The code MUST be downloaded with a USA account, however. Don't worry, the download from the USA account will carry over to your Canadian account.

Enter this as your promo code-

There! Now all pre-pubescents and cheapstakes can get it for FREE!

This DLC will ONLY work on American PS3's, it will not work on PAL/EU PS3s.

Last edited by DGibFen; 03-15-11 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-15-11, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

There's no SUBMIT button on my screen.

edit :Once I maximized the window, it appeared. Thanks.

Last edited by Decker; 03-15-11 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-16-11, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

BTW : A little surprise extra is that the Retro Map Pack selection also includes a download for a fairly awesome KZ3 dynamic theme as well. It's similar to the 7-11 one, but a little different
Old 03-16-11, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

sweet thanks went for the unlock points so now i can max out my medic!
Old 03-22-11, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

a new update was released a few days ago and yet no word as to what it fixed/improved

what I know it didn't fix/improve was the new freezing up of the game I am getting during MP matches
as well as the rediculous Salamun Market loop

really how hard is it for a developer to incorporate DLC maps into a game rotation correctly??!!!
Old 03-22-11, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

I've downloaded the DLC, and I've never heard/seen a "Salamun Market" map to even know what you're talking about.
I seem to keep getting the same 5 maps over and over, and no others - are there even more than 5?
Old 03-22-11, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
I've downloaded the DLC, and I've never heard/seen a "Salamun Market" map to even know what you're talking about.
I seem to keep getting the same 5 maps over and over, and no others - are there even more than 5?
there are only 2 of the retro maps
Salamun Market which I believe is only in Warzone
and Blood Gracht which is only in Guerrilla Warfare

if you aren't playing those modes you won't see them (are you only playing Operations?)

you can alter your map preferences if you want to try and play a certain map

the issue with Salamun Market is if you enter a game on that map you are put in an endless (until you exit) loop of it after each completed game
Old 03-22-11, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I've been only playing Guerrilla Warfare, and no Blood Gracht so far, and still only 5 maps ever - there has to be more than 5 maps available for GW, right?
Old 03-26-11, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Preliminary patch notes Patch 1.07
on 03-25-201105:21 PM

Hey all,

I know you want to be informed as much as possible. So I'm writing up the preliminary patch notes for Patch 1.07.

Please Note: this is subject to change and we don't know exactly when this will go live yet. I will inform you on that as soon as we can, but we are trying to roll this out in the first week of April.

Patch 1.07 Contents list:

Custom Games PHASE ONE for Clans and solo players - Explanation below

Gameplay

•Bullet Damage and Faster Aim ribbon now unlock correctly
•Separate turn speeds for ADS on Primary weapons in Multiplayer
•Increased Accuracy ribbon effectiveness has been lowered
•Bullet Damage ribbon effectiveness has been lowered
•The 3rd person revive beam now shows correctly
•Bilgarsk Boulevard - preventing players getting stuck at spawn location
•Akmir Snowdrift – fixed a problem where the speaker object can fall beneath a piece of geometry
•Fixed a crash when joining a Guerrilla Warfare Clan match
•Blood Gracht – Fix for a hang when the Recon ability was used

Functionality

•Fixed a crash while joining a Warzone game
•Player gets directed to multiplayer lobby when being kicked from game due to inactivity
•Adjustments to reduce the server load

Exploit

•MAWLR Graveyard –Improved collision around one of the Capture and Hold locations
•Kaznan Jungle – Added a blocker around a tree to prevent player to use tree to jump out of the level
•Bilgarsk Boulevard - Removed invisible collision of S&D objectives in Guerrilla Warfare
•Bilgarsk Boulevard - Prevent players from accessing an advantageous position (above the ISA Base) and climb out of the level

Single Player Campaign

•Scrapyard Shortcut - Mobile Factory – Fixed a hang to a red Debug screen upon the user reaching the Jetpack Troopers

Menu

•Added a “Mute all” button
•Updated icons and text on the Medals statistics
•Fixed clipped text for moderator messages
•The Faster Reload ribbon now updates properly on the Personal statistics page
•The Increased Accuracy ribbon now updates properly on the Personal statistics page
•The Bullet Damage ribbon now updates properly on the Personal statistics page
•Fixes a hang when accepting a squad invite on the final results screen of an online game
•Fixed the Pause functionality in Botzone on the Class selection screen
•"Squad menu" is changed to "manage players” in the menu

Move/Sharpshooter

•Button configuration improvements - Swapped L1/L2 grenade and aim
•Melee is now on the circle button
•Multiplayer - Aim Lock will now time out after one second
•Camera turn upped while using jetpack. Lowered for mounted weapons

Explanation of Custom Games

Custom Games will be rolled out in 2 patches. This one (1.07) and a future patch. We don't know when this will be yet.

PHASE ONE

Phase One of Custom Games gives players the option to create unranked games with the choice of:
•Game Mode
•Map
•Missions (Warzone only)
•Mission Time (Warzone only)
•Invite Squad members
•Invite Enemy Squad Leader

This gives players the ability to create private matches, and playing with and against friends or a rival clan for instance. People who don’t get an invite to these games won’t be able to join through matchmaking.

PHASE TWO

We still need to spec this out, so this is subject to change, but we are looking to add the options of choosing:

•More configuration options for missions in Warzone and Operations
•Adjustable kill count for Guerrilla Warfare
•Configurable Unlocks (choose which one you want to play with)
•Configurable Classes (choose which one you want to play with)
•Configurable Weapons, Abilities, Skills, Ribbons
•Friendly Fire On/Off
•Brutal Melee On/Off

That's it for now!

Thanks,

Lev
http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ann...07/td-p/936839

:yawn:

Amazon has once again partially revealed the Playstation Store updates for the next two weeks. The March 29th update seems a little light so far with only a few new game releases and DLC add-ons (most notably the Steel Rain Map Pack for Killzone 3) on the PSP and Playstation 3. You can check out the contents listed by Amazon for next week’s Playstation Store update below:

•Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack - $4.99
http://www.examiner.com/video-game-n...-store-updates

cool now you have to pay more than what you forked out for the game for glitches

Last edited by musick; 03-26-11 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-26-11, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While I realize some of the maps aren't suited to Warzone, it sucks that some maps are Guerrilla Warfare only as I rarely play that mode as it just is nowhere near as compelling as Warzone or Operations. I hadn't even seen Blood Gracht come up until I realized it was GW only. It was a warzone map in KZ2 so I wish it could be added as a WZ map. Oh well still enjoying the hell out of the game just wonder what will keep me coming back once I unlock everything since unlike MW2 which seems to have an insanely high number of unlocks and perks, it seems like you could max out KZ3 relatively quickly.
Old 03-26-11, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

How come this game didn't get much shit for being less than 5 hours long?
Old 03-26-11, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant11
While I realize some of the maps aren't suited to Warzone, it sucks that some maps are Guerrilla Warfare only as I rarely play that mode as it just is nowhere near as compelling as Warzone or Operations. I hadn't even seen Blood Gracht come up until I realized it was GW only. It was a warzone map in KZ2 so I wish it could be added as a WZ map.
spot on

Originally Posted by slop101
How come this game didn't get much shit for being less than 5 hours long?
because people have accepted that no one cares about the SP for this game just MP
Old 03-26-11, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by musick
because people have accepted that no one cares about the SP for this game just MP
Really? Because, similarly, I'd say that the multi-player is just as deficient in breadth as the SP. Neither one can stand on it's own and even taken together, while fun, the entire package comes up short and limited.
Old 03-27-11, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

you aren't going to get much of an arguement from me
I like KZ2 a whole lot better but am still enjoying KZ3 as much as I can
Old 03-27-11, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No, I'm not trying to argue - I just wanna know why, say, Homefront got raked over the coals for being just as short while KZ3 did not.
Old 04-20-11, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

about fucking time

Patch 1.08
. ..
on 04-14-201102:16 PM

Hey all,

The next patch is incoming. We don’t know exactly when the patch will be released yet, but we are aiming for the beginning of next week. It will go live at the same time world wide and we will also be doing a server update around that time to support the patch.

Patch 1.08 Contents list:

Fix for DLC map rotation - Matchmaking will make the closest possible match based on the maps players have and other players online. All maps will be included in the map voting when rolling over to the next round
•Fix for a network error (5022) after respawning in Pyrrhus Crater
•Fix for a crash in Kaznan Jungle at the end of the round
•Fix for a crash in 16 user Custom Games on Corinth Highway

Once we have a solid date and time we will update you.

Thanks,

Lev
First we'll try to match people with similar map sets if they have their map preference set to 'Any'. Players will also be able to choose map packs as a search preference. So players should end up in a game that has players with the same set of maps.

If you are playing with friends who do not have any map packs or if you are in a game that has other people without map packs, than the map voting screen will only show the maps that are available for everyone.

Lev
http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ann...8/td-p/1002017
Old 04-20-11, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just played a few rounds of Warzone with all of the DLC installed and it was so nice to be able to move from map to map.
Old 06-20-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue or has a fix

when the continuous loop fix for the Salamun Market download was finally fixed I would see that map in the list of maps that could be voted for after a match in Warzone .... now all of a sudden it appears that Salamun Market is no longer shown as an option when voting for maps

any ideas?

by the way nice to see retro maps of Tharsis Depot and Radec Academy
unfortunately I wish all retro maps were playable in Warzone not just half of them

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.