Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-12, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Totally agree. RB posted this on their Facebook:

Hey guys, get used to the re-releases. We announced when we released Rock Band Blitz that the tracks would come out as DLC eventually. We will be releasing the rest of the soundtrack over time. Not everyone bought Blitz, and Wii players didn’t have access to these tracks at all. We just want everyone to have access to the music.
I'm looking on the bright side. If this means more songs by Barenaked Ladies, fun., Queen, Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone", Collective Soul's "Gel", Foo Fighters' "Big Me", and Quiet Riot's "Cum On Feel the Noize", then so be it.

(I would've included the Red Hot Chili Peppers above, but I stopped caring about them after Blood Sugar Sex Magik and I seriously doubt RB would put out anything from, say, The Uplift Mofo Party Plan...thought that would be AWESOME if they did. I suppose Mother's Milk had some minor hits and something from that would be fun.)

Also, FYI, RB hinted on Twitter that this My Chemical Romance pack may not be the last DLC before the year is up.

Last edited by DJLinus; 12-21-12 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-21-12, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Also, FYI, RB hinted on Twitter that this My Chemical Romance pack may not be the last DLC before the year is up.
The release schedule is at the bottom of the DLC announcements post. Looks like the 1/1 DLC (for 360) is actually dropping on Sunday (12/30) instead.

For the PS3 people, you won't get the MCR stuff (or the other stuff, I guess) until the first week of January.
Old 12-26-12, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a bit of old news, but I thought I'd post it for anyone that cares. Possible leak for next week's songs.

http://www.rockbandaide.com/18582/fu...and-next-week/

Two Blitz songs and two new ones.

Andrew W.K. – Party Hard
Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe – We Are Young
Hot Chelle Rae – Tonight Tonight
P!nk – Raise Your Glass

Chew on that.
Old 12-26-12, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At least they hit the theme for the week. Andrew W.K. took long enough!
Old 12-27-12, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where in the world can I find replacement instruments for this? I want Rock Band drums and the older Guitar Hero style guitar. My fiance had some interest in the keyboard part and I figured I'd get back into it for a bit, but not at retail+ pricing.
Old 12-27-12, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by flair
Where in the world can I find replacement instruments for this? I want Rock Band drums and the older Guitar Hero style guitar. My fiance had some interest in the keyboard part and I figured I'd get back into it for a bit, but not at retail+ pricing.
Nowhere. They aren't making them anymore.
Old 12-27-12, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

One thing I'm bummed about is not getting extra wooden strats when they were available and only $50. My large green button broke off and I can't manage the solo buttons so I'm effectively dead in the water. I'm so spoiled by the weight and size of it that playing with anything else feels like a toy
Old 12-27-12, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Nowhere. They aren't making them anymore.
Wow, that's incredibly stupid. My wife plays the drums and i've been thinking about getting new ones for a while since our drums are pretty much dead. They'll pump out loads of dlc but nothing to play with it apparently. Ugh.
Old 12-28-12, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Wow, that's incredibly stupid. My wife plays the drums and i've been thinking about getting new ones for a while since our drums are pretty much dead. They'll pump out loads of dlc but nothing to play with it apparently. Ugh.
The instruments stoped selling. If they were continuing to make them, they would lose money. You can still snag some stuff. PS3 Keyboards are $20 at Gamestop.
Old 12-28-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just asked @rockband on twitter. Their reply: @RockBand: MadCatz is the latest hardware manufacturer so check with them first. Other than that, Amazon, eBay, GameStop, etc. Good luck!
Old 12-28-12, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Official announcement was made yesterday, it seems.

Hey gang,

Rock into the New Year with new singles available on the Rock Band Music Store on January 1st! Party advocate Andrew W.K. makes his debut in Rock Band with his hit single “Party Hard,” which appeared on his major-label debut record, 2001’s I Get Wet. Pop rockers Hot Chelle Rae also make their debut this week with the lead single from the band’s second album, 2011’s Whatever.

Fun.’s “We Are Young,” featuring Janelle Monáe, and P!nk’s “Raise Your Glass” will also be available as singles for download. These tracks originally appeared as part of Rock Band Blitz, available now for PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE Arcade!

Available on Xbox 360 Sunday December 30th, 2012; Wii January 2nd, 2013; and PlayStation®3 system January 8th, 2013:

* “Party Hard” – Andrew W.K. O

* “We Are Young” – Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe O

* “Tonight Tonight” – Hot Chelle Rae O

* “Raise Your Glass” – P!nk O

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.
Old 12-31-12, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shumway
Just asked @rockband on twitter. Their reply: @RockBand: MadCatz is the latest hardware manufacturer so check with them first. Other than that, Amazon, eBay, GameStop, etc. Good luck!
I recently found a new mustang, pro cymbal upgrade and the KB on Amazon. Most all the RB stuff can be bought there.

I wanted to get all the parts I was missing before they are gone forever.

Still need to consider buying another bass pedal.
Old 01-03-13, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey gang!

Today we’ve got a pretty exciting new thing to announce- Rock Band Blitz Tournaments! Tournaments are a new way for all of you awesome RB Blitz players to compete with each other for top scores and real deal prizes! For our purposes, a Rock Band Blitz Tournament is simply a blank slate, song-specific leaderboard which lives in Rock Band World and runs for a week. Read on for details!

How’s It Work?
Today when you sign in to Rock Band World on Facebook (http://apps.facebook.com/rock-band-world/), you’ll see there’s a new section on the homepage. When you sign up to play in Rock Band Blitz Tournaments, you’ll be able to participate in the three Tournaments that are created each week.

Participation is easy! Just opt-in to tournaments, then play the song in Rock Band Blitz. Once you’ve posted a score on a Tournament song in Rock Band Blitz, you’re automatically entered in that Tournament leaderboard. You can replay the song as many times as you like -we’ll record the highest score you post! If you have the top score when the Tournament ends, you’ll win free DLC and other great prizes!

If you don’t have the top score, don’t sweat it – you still might win! We’re also picking a second place winner for each Tournament, as well as three random winners from among everyone who played. With three Tournaments running at a time, that means we’re picking nine winners every week!

Every Thursday for the next ten weeks (ending 3/13/12), we’ll refresh with three new Tournaments – so if you didn’t win this week, try again next week!

Pretty cool, right?

(Want to check out the official rules? Here you go - http://www.rockband.com/content-asse...amentRules.pdf)

Keeping Tournaments Fair
Related to Rock Band Blitz Tournaments, we’ve rolled out a small, targeted balancing change that tones down the Flame Note Power-up. Specifically, the value of each Flame Note has been reduced from 1500 pts to 350. We want these Tournaments to be as level a playing field as possible so you all feel compelled to join, and this is a step towards that.

As you probably know, we've already deployed a rebalance like this previously, and it's possible we will again in the future. Doing this is all in service of keeping the game as fair and competitive as possible, but also to give players more viable loadout options for their Blitzing pleasure. After all, the original design intent for RB Blitz was not to have One Power-up To Rule Them All.

We know you all have questions about this, and we'll be doing our best to address those on the forums. Of course, we'll also continue to track feedback on the forums, and in game data, etc. to help deliver the best experience for our players that we can.

Thanks, all! I hope to see you getting in on the Rock Band Blitz Tournament action, as we’ve got some cool prizes waiting for you!
Old 01-03-13, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That sounds interesting. Good way to revitalize the community.
Old 01-03-13, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, it'll get me to fire it up again. Right now in fact.
Old 01-04-13, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDChris
That sounds interesting. Good way to revitalize the community.
Yep. I like how they've been tweaking the game. Personally, I wish they'd revitalize RB3. Outside of parties, I barely touch it these days (and I'm still buying DLC). Honestly, I don't know why they really haven't created new goals as DLC comes out, like RB2 did.
Old 01-04-13, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Is is just me, or does that press release not say anything about what exactly the "winners" win?
Old 01-04-13, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hey gang,

On January 8th, tracks previously only available as part of Rock Band Blitz will be made available for download on the Rock Band Music Store! These tracks include Foster the People’s hit “Pumped Up Kicks,” Foo Fighters’ “These Days” and Maroon 5’s “Moves Like Jagger,” which features vocals by Christina Aguilera!

Additionally, “Foster The People Pack 01” will be available, which bundles “Pumped Up Kicks” along with the previously released Foster the People tracks “Helena Beat” and “Don’t Stop (Color on the Walls)”!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (January 8th, 2013):

• Foster the People – “Pumped Up Kicks” O

• Foo Fighters – “These Days”

• Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera – “Moves Like Jagger “ O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 9th)

Price:

$5.49, £3.19 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Foster the People Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
Old 01-04-13, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Swing and a miss!
Old 01-04-13, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 187 Posts

I woke up for this?
Old 01-04-13, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Those tracks look like fun to me.
Old 01-04-13, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Tarantino
Those tracks look like fun to me.
Then you must've bought RBB by now.
Old 01-04-13, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Then you must've bought RBB by now.
Yeah, no doubt. I've been singing the Maroon 5 song for weeks now. That Christina Aguilera part still messes with me big time. Its completely un-natural. I would hand the mic to my wife, but she likes laughing at me too much.
Old 01-04-13, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...And this ends HMX's streak of continuous weekly DLC.

Remember, when RB:B came out, there was no DLC that week, as they said RB:B took the place of that. I understand this is probably due to the holidays, but they've been doing this long enough that they should have had at least brand new track for this week.

e: Looks like there's going to be quite a few weeks of nothing new over the next several months. They're going to alternate weeks with Blitz stuff and new content until everything from RB:B is available.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233201
Old 01-04-13, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's a bit of a bummer, but not completely unexpected. At least it shouldn't take too long to get through the rest of the RBB tracks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.