Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-12, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Official Rock Band Thread of Music Game Evolution

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Pretty cool of Harmonix to offer the DLC goal and I got in on it last night. According to the terms and conditions, they're giving out 2000 Xbox codes and 500 PS3 ones. Is RB's user base on the PS3 really only a quarter of that on the Xbox?
Yes, it is. Also, it's way easier to get promotional codes from MS than it is from Sony. Also, filesharing puts a big dent in HMX's profits on the PS3 side.
Old 09-19-12, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 749 Likes on 370 Posts

^Sony has cut down on filesharing quite a bit. You can only share DLC between 2 PS3's now instead of five.
Old 09-19-12, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
Well, sorry, it wasn't fucking clear why you were going out of your way to avoid it.
Sorry. Didn't mean to sound like a dick. I had voiced my opinion on Blitz before and I figured my question was obvious that I was trying to bypass playing Blitz.
Old 09-19-12, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Has anyone bought sale DLC yet? In the Rock Band store they show the sale price, but when you go to pay the original price comes up.
If you go ahead and purchase only the sale amount will be deducted from your account. I had the same hesitation. The only problem is if you only have, say, 100 points left - then you'll be unable to complete the purchase because you need over 160, even though it'll only cost you 80. I assume that'll be fixed at some point.

I've purchased quite a few sale songs. There are probably 20-30 songs that I would have otherwise passed on at $2.
Old 09-19-12, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The correct prices seem to be displaying now.
Old 09-19-12, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21
The correct prices seem to be displaying now.
Not all. Queen Pack is still incorrect.
Old 09-19-12, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by marginal
Not all. Queen Pack is still incorrect.
I haven't checked, but are you sure you aren't looking at the RB3 Queen pack? This is one of (the only?) packs that they re-released with keys/harmonies. If so, that wouldn't be discounted, but the original would be.
Old 09-19-12, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I haven't checked, but are you sure you aren't looking at the RB3 Queen pack? This is one of (the only?) packs that they re-released with keys/harmonies. If so, that wouldn't be discounted, but the original would be.
Quite sure. I'm looking at Queen Pack 01 listed under the "SALE!" heading in the Music Store, accessed through Rock Band Blitz. The item page says it's 640 points, but then the price would change when you went to check out.

Having said all that, they did finally get it updated, so now it works. Time to see if the rest (White Stripes, Phoenix, etc.) updated too!
Old 09-20-12, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by marginal
Quite sure. I'm looking at Queen Pack 01 listed under the "SALE!" heading in the Music Store, accessed through Rock Band Blitz. The item page says it's 640 points, but then the price would change when you went to check out.

Having said all that, they did finally get it updated, so now it works. Time to see if the rest (White Stripes, Phoenix, etc.) updated too!
I read on another forum that MS was taking a long time because they had to update their database for 1100+ items, which they weren't used to doing all at once.

Originally Posted by HMXMisterGame
More info from our Music Producers:

Apparently people are being charged the correct amount, despite the fact that the purchase dialog has the old prices. We're in contact with Microsoft and are working on the issue. It appears that the change is simply taking much longer than anticipated. About half the items are showing correctly.

We are trying to speed things up, but worst case if we can't figure out a quicker fix things will work themselves out over the next 24 hours or so.
Old 09-20-12, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I swear the Xbox infrastructure must be like Jenga. All it's going to take is one problem and the whole thing would fall apart.
Old 09-20-12, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So are the Community Challenges a failure in general or is Harmonix just over-zealous in their expectations?

Boston is 20% done but 50% of the time has passed. I'm sure the release of Borderlands 2 hasn't helped nor the massive DLC sale, but this is, I think, the third consecutive failure.

I think it would be way easier if you could play a setlist of songs and had the grouping options of RB3. Beating a dead horse, but after the album challenges (BSSM, Moving Pictures) and now, since Boston is essentially an album challenge, it would be so much more enjoyable to sort that way and play it straight through in the proper order.
Old 09-20-12, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Weren't there Jimi Hendrix packs available? Are they not on sale, or do I have to buy every song individually?
Old 09-20-12, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Weren't there Jimi Hendrix packs available? Are they not on sale, or do I have to buy every song individually?
Look in the albums section. Are You Experienced and Axis: Bold as Love are 800 each. I bought Axis last night and AYE on Tuesday.

There's also an Experience Hendrix pack consisting of some Electric Ladyland tracks and a few others, but it's RB3 DLC so it's not on sale.
Old 09-20-12, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Originally Posted by MWB
Look in the albums section. Are You Experienced and Axis: Bold as Love are 800 each. I bought Axis last night and AYE on Tuesday.

There's also an Experience Hendrix pack consisting of some Electric Ladyland tracks and a few others, but it's RB3 DLC so it's not on sale.
Thanks so much for that. Two Jimi albums it is, then.

I'll probably pick up that second Green Day Pack and Liztomania by Phoenix (I just bought their other song to play on Blitz a couple of weeks ago).

I had no idea before this sale that Simon & Garfunkel tracks were on Rock Band. As much as I loved that group growing up, I'm not sure their material would be much fun to play on Rock Band...

Do we know for sure this sale lasts longer than a Week? I'm pretty sure that's what someone said here, but Sony is listing these sales as one-week only.
Old 09-21-12, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Today's DLC announcement will be:

Spoiler:

Green Day Pack 03

According to the Playstation Blogcast for this week when they were going over next week's DLC.
Old 09-21-12, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, this is kind of gross when you think about it. I guess it's okay for people that like Green Day but couldn't be bothered to buy the full release, even on its deepest of deep discounts. The fact that it's just an extraction of those songs is sort of offensive. At least update them for RB3.

It's worth noting that none of those songs are from Dookie, American Idiot, or 21st Century Breakdown.

DLC Week of 9/25 - Green Day 5 Pack! "Oh Love" Plus 4 GDRB Classics as DLC!
Hey gang,

On September 25th, multi-platinum selling and Grammy Award winning group Green Day will release ¡Uno! , the first of the ¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré! studio album trilogy. On that same day “Oh Love,” the first single from ¡Uno! – the band’s ninth studio album – will be available on the Rock Band Music Store!

Fans can also pick up four other Green Day hits which were previously only available as part of Green Day Rock Band: “Brain Stew/Jaded,” “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life),” “Warning,” and “Minority”.

These four songs, along with “Oh Love,” will be available as part of “Green Day Pack 03” or can be purchased individually from the Rock Band Music Store!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (September 25th, 2012):

• Green Day – “Brain Stew/Jaded”
• Green Day – “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)”
• Green Day – “Warning”
• Green Day – “Minority”
• Green Day – “Oh Love” O
Old 09-21-12, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's worth noting that none of those songs are from Dookie, American Idiot, or 21st Century Breakdown.
Those will come at a later date. They said they will eventually re-release the entire GD:RB tracklist as DLC.

On the bright side, at least I won't need to spend any additional money those weeks.
Old 09-21-12, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah and ironically people will spend more to get them this way instead of finding a cheap copy and doing the export.

I sure hope there's some talk of doing this for Beatles, though. It would be so nice to finally have that stuff in the single library.
Old 09-21-12, 09:17 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Yeah and ironically people will spend more to get them this way instead of finding a cheap copy and doing the export.

I sure hope there's some talk of doing this for Beatles, though. It would be so nice to finally have that stuff in the single library.
Agreed. I would love to be able to export all the Beatles songs off the disc and the DLC albums that I bought to be playable in RB3/Blitz.
Old 09-21-12, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Vryce
Agreed. I would love to be able to export all the Beatles songs off the disc and the DLC albums that I bought to be playable in RB3/Blitz.
Green Day was already cleared for export, they're just giving you another way to get it. Beatles has always been restricted from the other titles and I don't see this changing any time soon.

I rarely play TB:RB and I would play those tracks (all disc songs plus all DLC) 10x more if I could play them in RB3 but I've accepted that it'll never happen
Old 09-21-12, 10:42 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
Green Day was already cleared for export, they're just giving you another way to get it. Beatles has always been restricted from the other titles and I don't see this changing any time soon.

I rarely play TB:RB and I would play those tracks (all disc songs plus all DLC) 10x more if I could play them in RB3 but I've accepted that it'll never happen
RE: TR:RB export... Oh.. I know.... but I can keep hope that one day they will allow it.

I've got Green day exported from the disc when it first came out.
Old 09-21-12, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Exactly, just because they haven't been cleared for export doesn't mean they won't be cleared for export. Adding keys and some pro modes would be awesome.

Eventually they'll go back to Apple and the Shareholders and say there's more money to be made by doing that. I know I'd pay all over again.

I totally understand not wanting those avatars being used to sing System of a Down songs (like Activision got in trouble with with Guitar Hero), but there's not wrong with generic avatars singing Beatles songs.

Paul, Wings, John, and Dhani have made the leap, it's not unreasonable to keep hope alive.
Old 09-21-12, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 256 Likes on 189 Posts

I would rebuy every single beatles song at $3 a pop day 1.
Old 09-21-12, 04:13 PM

I'm not at all offended by the latest Green Day pack. I have the Green Day game, I've exported the songs, end of story. If HMX feels there's money to be made (at the most cynical) or fan service to be cultivated (at the most innocent) so be it. Why get all bent out of shape over this? The RB forums act like HMX decided to just make every piece of DLC not compatible with every RB game and Blitz. Talk about spoiled babies.

It doesn't impact me except that there's four less songs for me to buy this week. But I do get to pick up the latest GD song (which just happens to be a big old current hit as I type this.) And I'll get it for free because of a certain Blitz giveaway. Nothing wrong with that.

Hopefully, next week we'll get some awesome 80s or something else I'll like. But if not, I still have Blitz, RB3, Madden, Borderlands 2, etc. Basically, I'm good. No problem here.
Old 09-21-12, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think it's a lose-lose position. Either they do what they did and it's essentially a wasted week for the users or they update them with RB3 functionality then people with GD:RB cry foul.

It's just kind of baffling, though not necessarily unprecedented after the country retail disc, for example, eventually coming out as DLC.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.