Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-13, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Not even midnight on the West Coast and renewed my Live to get ACII, low and behold they put it back at $20 already. Did get Crackdown, but a bit frustrated I missed the deadline by a few hours.
Old 08-01-13, 07:07 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,186 Likes on 837 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

I'll definitely be getting Crackdown and Dead Rising 2 this month; both games I never got around to buying before.
Old 08-01-13, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought Case Zero when it was first released with the intention of picking up DR2 at some later point. Didn't realize it would be 3 years later (and for free, wheee).
Old 08-01-13, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

So is it recommended to play Case Zero first, and then Dead Rising 2?
Old 08-01-13, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Yes. Your stats & money earned in Case Zero transfer over the DR2.
Old 08-01-13, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Fun with sales figures.

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/RyanLangl..._July_2013.php
Old 08-04-13, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Heads up for anyone else who already owns Battleblock Theater:

The Behemoth handing out three prisoners in Battleblock Theater for free this week

by Mike Suszek Writer RSS on Aug 3rd 2013 10:30PM

The Behemoth handing out three prisoners in Battleblock Theater for free this week
The Behemoth is offering three playable prisoners to Battleblock Theater owners this week. Players that log in to the full version of the game on Xbox Live will receive the Boot, Moose and 50% Off Prisoner characters for free.

The developer plans to introduce at least one new Battleblock Theater prisoner on a weekly basis through the month of August, so those that have missed out on characters such as Donuts or Rose still have more to look forward to.
Old 08-09-13, 09:43 AM

Just in case anybody noticed : The Summer of the Arcade 2013 is here!!!!!! ..... anyone?

I downloaded the demo of Brothers : A Tale of Two Sons and played it yesterday. I'm a little mixed on it. It looks great, especially for a game of its size (only like 600 MB). It is a little confusing controlling two characters simultaneously with two sticks -- not exactly difficult, but certainly very different. I kept moving the wrong guy and I'm sure others will too until they get used to it. To simplify things, there are no button presses, just one trigger for the action of each brother. It works, but by the same token, it makes solving puzzles pretty simple as there's only one thing each character can do (and there's no rapid, contextual button pressing -- for example, let's say you have to run forward in a field and jump over several obstacles : holding the trigger down while holding the stick forward gets him to jump over one, go forward and jump over the next, then the next without ever entering a second button push). I don't know. The game is certainly cute and it's getting good reviews. Joystiq gave it and IGN gave it an 8.2. According to Joystiq, it's coming to Steam 8/28 and PS3 9/3. You can bet it'll be 75% off in Steam's next huge sale (Thanksgiving). I'm going to wait for it to go cheap, but I'll almost certainly pick it up on some system when it does.
Old 08-09-13, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loved the demo of Brothers, it's a definite buy when it goes on sale.
Old 08-15-13, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dead Rising 2 and DR2: Case Zero are now up for free:

DR2: Case Zero

Dead Rising 2

They also have the DR2 Skills Pack DLCs for 80 MSP ($1), 50% off:
Skills Pack - Ninja
Skills Pack - Sports Fan
Skills Pack - Soldier
Skills Pack - Psycho

Crackdown is still free at the moment, the last hours to get it:

Crackdown
Old 08-15-13, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Dead Rising 2 and DR2: Case Zero are now up for free:

DR2: Case Zero

Dead Rising 2

They also have the DR2 Skills Pack DLCs for 80 MSP ($1), 50% off:
Skills Pack - Ninja
Skills Pack - Sports Fan
Skills Pack - Soldier
Skills Pack - Psycho

Crackdown is still free at the moment, the last hours to get it:

Crackdown
skills pack seem to also be free.
Old 08-15-13, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gideon68
skills pack seem to also be free.
Nope, they're 80 points each. The free ones are compatibility packs for co-op play
Old 08-16-13, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Nope, they're 80 points each. The free ones are compatibility packs for co-op play
ok, thanks, didn't know the diff.
Old 08-16-13, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Are the skill packs worth it?
Old 08-16-13, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The Ninja Pack is easily worth a buck. The full outfit basically makes you undetectable from standard zombies. It's great if you are achievement hunting.
Old 08-16-13, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's the descriptions for the Dead Rising 2 Skills packs:

Skills Pack - Ninja
When Chuck wears this incredibly cool outfit, he gains the power of the legendary Japanese ninja! With this costume equipped, Chuck will be harder for zombies to grapple and can move through crowds of zombies easier. He will also gain new sword attacks, and throwing weapons (plates, nails, CDs, etc) fly farther and do more damage. Why? Because he is dressed like a ninja!

Skills Pack - Sports Fan
This special costume brings out Chuck's inner sports fan! By wearing this costume, Chuck gains incredible sports fan powers, such as being able to drink as much alcohol as he wants without getting sick, gaining more health from food and winning more when gambling. Plus, attacks with sports-related items such as footballs and soccer balls become more powerful. Let's hear it for Chuck, and that Local Sports Team!

Skills Pack - Soldier
Chuck becomes a battle-hardened soldier when he wears this costume. Mowing down zombies in a hail of bullets has never been more fun! These clothes give Chuck special abilities such as improved battle effectiveness when using firearms. Chuck also gains new attacks when using assault rifles. This pack is just what you need when you want to go on a bullet-fueled zombie killing spree!

Skills Pack - Psycho
Wearing this special costume gives Chuck all the shockingly disturbing abilites of a deranged homicidal psychopath! Actually, that's quite handy if you're surrounded by a horde of zombies. Some of the special abilites Chuck's costume-enhanced psyche affords him include better resistance to damage due to his deranged state, stronger attacks with some classic killing implements such as the chef knife and chainsaw, as well as truly sick new attacks for weapons loved by murderous maniacs everywhere, including the machete, mining pick and meat cleaver!
Old 08-16-13, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

On DR2...is co-op for the whole game (storyline) or something that is seperate?
Old 08-16-13, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
On DR2...is co-op for the whole game (storyline) or something that is seperate?
You can play 2 player o-op through the storyline, although only the player "hosting" the game can save. Also, both players play as Chuck Greene, although the customization of outfits allows them to look pretty different.
http://kotaku.com/5518479/dead-risin...h-with-a-buddy
http://www.co-optimus.com/review/578...op-review.html
Old 08-16-13, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
The Ninja Pack is easily worth a buck. The full outfit basically makes you undetectable from standard zombies. It's great if you are achievement hunting.
Ninja pack makes the game significantly easier. None of the others are needed.

Originally Posted by Jay G.
You can play 2 player o-op through the storyline, although only the player "hosting" the game can save. Also, both players play as Chuck Greene, although the customization of outfits allows them to look pretty different.
And if the player hosting the game saves, the co-op partner gets kicked out. The whole thing works better if at least one person has already been through the game.
Old 08-17-13, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just watched the video review of DR2 at Gamespot and honestly, I didn't know the game was this outrageous and fun looking with almost a bit of Arcade look. All this time I thought it was more like LFD but in single player.

I', DL it now long with Case Zero and a few packs. I just hope some of my friends might jump in as well for the co-op part. It's not LFD which we all like but what's better than killing zombies dressed in every way imaginable with about any homemade contraption you can make up.

By the way...do Case Zero first or DR2 or does it really matter?
Old 08-17-13, 09:20 AM

Case Zero was released first and is designed to be played first. It's a prequel/intro to the game and weapons and stats carry over to the main game.
Old 08-17-13, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks...I'm DL that now. I also grabbed the Ninja & Psycho pack. Just curious why in the details of Case Zero and DR2 they show "Co-op-None" yet show co-op in DR2 Case Crew(?)
Old 08-20-13, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was kind of excited about the Flashback remake, but a little less so after watching Gametrailers review.

Their score: 3.6/10
Old 08-26-13, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

System update is out today, points will be converted to real money dollars.
Old 08-26-13, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MoviePage
System update is out today, points will be converted to real money dollars.

Points were the closest thing the 360/MS would ever come to Steam like sales people wanted and they're flushing them down the tube because some short sighted people fail at math.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.