Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-11, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by pinata242
Is it worth the hassle? I've heard notsomuch.
I guess it depends on if you want the achievements or have another game at your disposal to play local/online co-op. And how much you want to hear the Ghostbusters theme song a bunch.
Old 03-25-11, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Remember all those classic Midway arcade games which were delisted from the Marketplace without warning way back when?

Well, Defender's back on the Marketplace.

Full version only (400 points), no trial version. Weird.
Old 03-25-11, 12:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MWB
Remember all those classic Midway arcade games which were delisted from the Marketplace without warning way back when?

Well, Defender's back on the Marketplace.

Full version only (400 points), no trial version. Weird.
Hrmmm interesting. Any chance of Paperboy showed back up too ?
Old 03-25-11, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe there's a chance for Midway games to enter and revitalize Game Room!

ROAD BLASTERS!
Old 03-25-11, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Hrmmm interesting. Any chance of Paperboy showed back up too ?
Dunno but you're welcome to search for it.
Old 03-26-11, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

On that note, there are several little GUI tweaks I think they missed out on. The most obvious to me is hand percentages. When the table has gone All-In and the action is dead and the cards are flipped, there's no reason to not have percentages on there. I beat a lot of people and I can't help but thinking they're ahead because they have AJo to my J8s when there are flush or straights staring them in the face. Simple enough to implement.
Another good reason to calculate percentages would be to have the avatars react properly. Yes I know that Kh that hit the turn gave you 4-to-the-flush, but it also completed my Kings-Full. I normally don't jump and fist pump when I'm drawing dead, but then again maybe it's the ultimate bluff.
Old 03-26-11, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anybody planning to try non-Beginner's Texas Heat today? I'm definitely in for the first four rounds starting in an hour and a half. The later games are out unless I bust out early in the monthly game I play with friends.
Old 03-26-11, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

12 people in this lobby before the game even starts. That's a good sign! I'll know in 25 minutes if it holds and if the ranking holds...

Aaaaaaaaand as I was typing that, I got dropped due to network issues

I think I see Groucho there at the double diamond table.
Old 03-26-11, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The rankings are working! Congrats, Groucho! Looking at those numbers, I was one "Smart Fold" away from gold that game
Old 03-26-11, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm sitting at $4.6M with 6 minutes left. Chuck is 2nd with 300k

Have 15k XP
Old 03-26-11, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I tried out Texas Heat for the 1st time tonight. My bankroll was about 14,000 going in and i'm now at 216,000 so that certainly was good. At one point i was at a table with all human players but i ended up with an all AI table where i was chip leader at over 3 million. Hit four kings at one point for that hot hand award. The whole presentation of it is very nice but certainly could do with a bit more human competition.
Old 03-26-11, 09:34 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

At one point today in "Texas Heat" the game glitched and deposited 77,000,000 into my bankroll.

But then it self-corrected and drew it back out.
Old 03-27-11, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pinata gave me the friend ax

Sure we never play, and I generally mock your achiever whoring, but I only have like 3 friends, so it hurts...
Old 03-27-11, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dammit, see? I can't keep up with who is who!
Old 03-28-11, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sitting at $4.6M with 6 minutes left. Chuck is 2nd with 300k

Have 15k XP
I don't understand how the matchmaking works. A game starts and you and I are in the same waiting area. We join the same table. You win with your bullshit bluffs and I drop down to double diamond. When I get back up to triple diamond, you're gone. You're still playing. Somewhere. But you're gone from my game "area".
Old 03-28-11, 08:36 AM

I'm assuming everything is peer-to-peer with no host migration. So, if one player drops or has connection issues it creates a chain reaction that essentially kicks everybody into their own private room.
Old 03-28-11, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Another gripe I have: I wish you could save your progress in the pro takedowns. I was playing in the all pro tourney last night and had to quit after only 2 people had been eliminated. I lost 100K bankroll.
Old 03-28-11, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

I'm still torn about FHP. Lots of you guys are talking non-stop about this game, so I fell like I'm missing out on something that's potentially fun (as well as sitting on a pile of unused points), but 80% of your collective posts about this game are complaints or frustrations, so that keeps cooling my interest in it.
Old 03-28-11, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dammit, see? I can't keep up with who is who!
That's OK, I drank it myself into acceptance.
Old 03-28-11, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
I'm still torn about FHP. Lots of you guys are talking non-stop about this game, so I fell like I'm missing out on something that's potentially fun (as well as sitting on a pile of unused points), but 80% of your collective posts about this game are complaints or frustrations, so that keeps cooling my interest in it.
I feel the same exact way. It seems like a fun game, just with a ton of bugs. (which would frustrate me to no end). That's why I put that question out there last week. But sadly, I still don't have a clear direction. I dunno, I could see myself biting for the heck of it because it is poker (and I've given other poker games a chance when I probably shouldn't have).
Old 03-28-11, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

People tend to post more about negatives than the positives for any game. I'm tight with my points but i've easily got my 800 points worth already. I see myself playing this as much or more than any game this year. Actually as of right now its my GOTY for 2011
Old 03-28-11, 11:10 AM

FHP is a diamond in the rough. If they decide to active support and improve it, it could be great. They've already fixed the "Ranking: -1" problem server side, so I hope this is indicative of a positive trend.
Old 03-28-11, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It is oddly addictive and easily worth the 800 pts IMO. I have already put over 10 hours into it.
Old 03-28-11, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chuckd21
I don't understand how the matchmaking works. A game starts and you and I are in the same waiting area. We join the same table. You win with your bullshit bluffs and I drop down to double diamond. When I get back up to triple diamond, you're gone. You're still playing. Somewhere. But you're gone from my game "area".
I don't understand it either.

What I don't have are bullshit bluffs. I simply put pressure on bots. With the doubled antes and blinds, there was insane money in the pot before it even gets to me. Only a fool wouldn't see the equity there.

Also, Texas Heat isn't about the chip counts, it's about the XP. Which of us got a Gold Medal? Yeah, that's right!
Old 03-28-11, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, Texas Heat isn't about the chip counts, it's about the XP. Which of us got a Gold Medal? Yeah, that's right!
Speaking of XP, I found a decent way to "grind." Go into the pro takedowns and play one of the $1000 guys. Go all in on every hand. You will win a lot of hands in row and get ~650 XP per hand.

Last edited by orangecrush; 03-28-11 at 12:22 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.