Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Playstation Move Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-10, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: Playstation Move Thread

Originally Posted by Decker
Good to know. Of course I fucked it up above -- they have to have different bar codes to be used together. You figured that out though. Off to Kmart now...
If you purchase everything on the same receipt will it give you 1 coupon or multiple?
Old 09-17-10, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man the camera looks like shit in my living room and thats with all the lights on...boo for not making this HD
Old 09-17-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,206 Likes on 4,233 Posts

Originally Posted by sauce07
If you purchase everything on the same receipt will it give you 1 coupon or multiple?
Don't know and won't know -- I always do these transactions individually, back-to-back (though I assume it would print out multiple coupons). My local Kmart got nothing except a single console bundle. I was less than thrilled to have made a five mile trip for nothing.

BTW Apparently the coupon for the controller or subcontroller is a PS3 only coupon while the one that prints for the Move-enabled game is a gaming coupon. This means those coupons have different codes and would therefore stack.
Old 09-17-10, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

[Borat]Great success![/Borat]

Best Buy just pricematched the move bundle for me! They simply took $25 off but only allowed me one pm. It was $82 with tax before all my Best Buy credit.

I then went to another Best Buy and successfully pricematched for the Nav controller. That BB however rang me up and then SEPARATELY rang me up for a $10 GC.

This was at the Westwood BB and the W. Pico BB respectively for all you LA folks.

Time to go for my first EyePet trophy!
Old 09-17-10, 04:38 PM

Only one. you have to purchase separately to get the multiple coupons.
Old 09-17-10, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Only one. you have to purchase separately to get the multiple coupons.
Intersting. I don't know if its because they were two separate promotions or not, but last week I bought Spider-Man Shattered Memories and a $40 XBL card on the same transaction and got the coupons for both.

Still, I would do separate transactions just to be safe.
Old 09-17-10, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson
Intersting. I don't know if its because they were two separate promotions or not, but last week I bought Spider-Man Shattered Memories and a $40 XBL card on the same transaction and got the coupons for both.

Still, I would do separate transactions just to be safe.
For what it's worth, the official Kmart Game Blogger said on CAG that to get multiple coupons required multiple purchases.
Old 09-17-10, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson
The Spider-Man and XBL Points coupons had different limitations and therefor had separate bar codes. That's probably the limitation. If you bought a Move Controller and a Nav controller it would be coupons with the same bar code and hence would get only one coupon. A Move controller and EyePet are different bar codes and therefor would probably be both printed out on one transaction.

Last edited by Decker; 09-17-10 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-17-10, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

My Kmart coupon doesn't become active until 9/26.
Old 09-17-10, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone else's Navigation controller come with a strap? Mine didn't but there is clearly a place for it on the controller and the picture on the box shows the guy using one with the controller.
Old 09-17-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The Spider-Man and XBL Points coupons had different limitations and therefor had separate bar codes. That's probably the limitation. If you bought a Move Controller and a Nav controller it would be coupons with the same bar code and hence would get only one coupon. A Move controller and EyePet are different bar codes and therefor would probably be both printed out on one transaction.
Yeah, i figured it was something like that. Like I said, that's why I would follow the K-Mart rep's instructions anyway.
Old 09-17-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Did anyone else's Navigation controller come with a strap? Mine didn't but there is clearly a place for it on the controller and the picture on the box shows the guy using one with the controller.
I noticed the same thing, mine didn't come with the strap.
Old 09-17-10, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I noticed the same thing, mine didn't come with the strap.
Well, at least I know that I'm not the only one that didn't get strapped.
Old 09-17-10, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by TLwizard
[Borat]Great success![/Borat]

Best Buy just pricematched the move bundle for me! They simply took $25 off but only allowed me one pm. It was $82 with tax before all my Best Buy credit.

I then went to another Best Buy and successfully pricematched for the Nav controller. That BB however rang me up and then SEPARATELY rang me up for a $10 GC
Thanks TL. I went to local Best Buy. They just took $10 off each item. Got Move, Nav and EyePet for $70+ tax after using $20 Reward Zone credit. Much better than Kmart coupon.

Last edited by Decker; 09-17-10 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-17-10, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

First impressions...I like it! It feels like the Wii for grown ups, much more skill required to execute the moves. On Wii I can just sit on the couch and fling the remote around but for this you actually have to stand up and interact. The battle game is a real workout, my arm is killing me after I tried to see how hard I could hit an opponent.

I've got some friends coming over in a few to try it out, i'll see how easy it is for them to pick it up.
Old 09-17-10, 09:41 PM

How many controllers do you have, sauce?
Old 09-17-10, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How many controllers do you have, sauce?

Can you change the primary color of the ball?
Old 09-18-10, 02:47 AM

Yes. But don't ask me how.
Old 09-18-10, 05:37 AM

I remember reading somewhere that the color will change on it's own, depending on the light and surroundings it will change to whatever color it needs to so it can be picked up easily by the camera.
Old 09-18-10, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Got Racquet Sports at Toys R Us for $29.99 and they gave me a $10 gift card. The gc didn't become active until 6 hours after my purcahse.

Got the Sports Champion bundle for $99.99 at K-mart and they gave me a $25 gaming coupon, which can only be used from 9/26-10/23. They had stickers on their display case advertising other deals: get a $10 gaming coupon to use 9/26-10/23 with every Move game or Toy Story 3 purchased. TRU was also giving out $10 gc with TS3. My $25 coupon says it can be used with other gaming coupons in a single transaction.

I tried the demos for Eye Pet, Start the Party, TV Superstars and some forgettable drawing game with music. Holy crap. My room looked dark and ugly on screen with all these games... even with all the lights turned on. And when it snapped my photo for my avatar in TV Superstars, I barely recognized myself because it was so dark. When I tried to record my catchphrase, it went through the process but nothing recorded. I don't know if that feature actually works in the demo or if there's something wrong with the camera's mic.

I downloaded the demo for Planet Mini Golf because it said it was Move enabled. Once I started the game, I learned only the full game supports the Move, not the demo. Pretty stupid. Next I tried the Tiger Woods demo, another game that says it supports the Move. I couldn't get past the title screen when I pressed start on the Motion Controller.

Other demos I tried:
echochrome ii - boring. No patience for this.
Tumble - Seriously? Stacking blocks as a game?
Start the Party - The two mini games were ok, but a couple more games would have been nice to try.
The Shoot - This was fun, but it took many attempts to calibrate the controller.

Liked Sports Champions a lot. Haven't tried Racquet Sports yet.

UPDATE: Racquet Sports is very cool! Can anyone get the Time Crisis demo to work properly? I've tried twice, and both times the red light came on the camera as soon as the game loaded, and the ball on the controller turned red too. I was able to start level one with the motion controller, but my crosshair never appeared on screen so I couldn't shoot anything. I didn't have this problem with any of the other demos.

Last edited by Joe Schmoe; 09-19-10 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-18-10, 10:06 AM

The kids have been playing with EyePet for the past hour. Or more accurately, fighting over the controller. They LOVE it. No doubt, it's a very cute and well animated toy/game.

Tried the Racquet Sports demo and it seemed pretty good. Certainly more accurate than the Wii Motion Plus. I might buy it. Hope to try TW11 before tonight, but not sure the kids will let me.
Old 09-18-10, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I will have to say that I think that the Eye Pet game is a little less responsive than I anticipated. Either my settings weren't right although I followed the setup instructions to a T or the in game instructions/gameplay asks you to do something slightly different than what you really must do. The first problem I encountered was when they asked you to wiggle your fingers to get your pet to jump around, It took about 5 minutes before the pet even recognized what I was doing and finally played along. I hope it gets better.
Old 09-18-10, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My biggest complaint about all of this is just how shitty you look on screen with the camera. We use the camera for video chat all of the time and it doesn't look this bad so I wonder why the resolution is so downgraded when using it for Move purposes.
Old 09-18-10, 12:41 PM

The thing I discovered about EyePet is that you have to be really really close to the screen and camera. When we were sitting back, anything without the motion controller was unresponsive. But once we got incredibly close to the camera and TV, it worked perfectly.

The only thing that took a little while to recognize was making our pet dizzy. But I think that's because we had three people trying to do it at once.

And I don't know if it's a fluke or if it works for everyone, but I was really impressed when the pet (we call him Professor) jumped off the floor onto my leg. And then jumped onto our dog who was laying down. Fairly good spacial recognition.

Need to try out the demos now.
Old 09-18-10, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't want this, i had a wii that just sat around collecting dust.. That said, the fucking controller is charging now

Damn sony and their marketing making me get it and eyepet. I had the camera so i got eyepet and the controller. PM'd at Best buy the kmart blog and they took it right off the top. With my 5 dollar reward gc i got both for 70 bucks out the door, not bad really

Downloading all the european move demos that sony decided not to give us americans :/

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.