Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NBA JAM to be released in 2010 for the Wii

Old 01-17-10, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: NBA JAM to be released in 2010 for the Wii

I actually think NBA Jam is the kind of casual game that would normally be downloadable nowadays. The sports games that go for full price have incredibly deep franchise modes and tons of options.

However, it would be more towards the higher end ($20), like Trine or Wipeout HD.
Old 03-16-10, 07:41 PM
Banned

Trailer for NBA Jam on their Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/NBAJAM?ref=nf&v=wall

Edit: Also here:

http://nba-jam.easports.com/news.act...ebut%20Trailer

Last edited by dx23; 03-16-10 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-17-10, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm all over this like stink on fish.
Old 03-31-10, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I read in Xbox Magazine that there is a high probability of this game coming to Live sooner rather than later. If that's the case, I'm in.

Last edited by Rob V; 03-31-10 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-31-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
I read in Xbox Magazine that there is a high probability of this gaming to Live sooner rather than later. If that's the case, I'm in.
Me too. Even with a Wii in the wings, I'd want this on XBLA. Even at $20, I'd buy it right away assuming it plays right (i.e. not like NBA Unrivaled).
Old 03-31-10, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope it comes to PSN too, for those of us who are sans 360.
Old 03-31-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I dunno....I appreciate the fact that it is probably coming to Xbox Live Arcade and that is my preferred system but I also support disc based releases over digital ones and might actually have to buy the disc (Wii) rather than 360 DLC. I'm sure the 360 version will look prettier but its a matter of principle. However, if both end up disc, 360 will certainly win in that case.
Old 04-01-10, 08:58 AM
Suspended

XBLA with online capabilities?

I'll wait for the chance.
Old 04-01-10, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

definitely holding out for a 360 version. hope it happens.
Old 07-07-10, 10:57 AM

German ratings board classifies NBA Jam for Xbox 360, PS3

Der (die?, das?) boomshakalaka of NBA Jam has been classified by the German USK for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The PlayStation 3 classification passed on June 24, while the Xbox 360 version went through July 5. Curiously, the Wii version of the game -- the only one to have been officially announced -- has not yet been classified by the agency.

We're currently following up for comment from EA on the ratings and will update as soon as we hear something.
Old 07-07-10, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I hope thats true.
Old 07-07-10, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

That'd be awesome.
Old 07-07-10, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by cruzness View Post
That'd be awesome.
I would agree with that. I much rather play it on my 360 than the Wii. However, I have a feeling that they would stagger the release. Meaning, we'll see the Wii version for 3 to 6 months and then get the 360/PS3 version after that. I doubt EA will confirm at this point so they don't hurt sales. We'll see, but my fingers are crossed as well.
Old 08-03-10, 09:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos View Post
BOOOOOOM-SHAKA-LAKA! EA Announces NBA ELITE 11 to Include Free* Downloadable Version of NBA JAM.

Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that all new copies of NBA ELITE 11 will include a one-time download code that will enable users to access three modes of NBA JAM – Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online. Already set to revolutionize the way basketball simulation games are played with new Hands-On Control, the inclusion of the NBA JAM modes will make NBA ELITE 11 the ultimate basketball videogame experience available, on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, when it is released on October 5, 2010.

“NBA ELITE 11 is going to change the way basketball videogames are played”
“NBA ELITE 11 is going to change the way basketball videogames are played,” says Jordan Edelstein, Vice President, Marketing, EA SPORTS. “The addition of three free downloadable modes of the award winning NBA JAM is an unprecedented value add to a product that is already set to revolutionize the basketball videogame category.”

Winner of eight ‘Best Sports Game of E3’ awards, including the coveted Game Critics Award, NBA JAM has been optimized for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to truly deliver a next-gen experience of the classic franchise. With Play Now, Classic Campaign, and Online modes included, the downloadable version of NBA JAM, that is available with purchases of NBA ELITE 11, will include a robust single player and multiplayer experience. NBA JAM allows fans to challenge the world, or their friends on the couch, with Online and Play Now, respectively, or climb from worst to first as they take their favorite NBA team through a ladder tournament through the league.

NBA ELITE 11 featuring three modes of NBA JAM will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system with an MSRP of $59.99. It is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...a-elite-2.html
Old 08-03-10, 09:52 AM
Banned

From the playstation blog

Hey guys, I’m Yaw (pronounced as “yao” like Yao Ming) and I’m the NBA Community Manager from Electronic Arts Canada. I work alongside the EA SPORTS: NBA ELITE and NBA JAM development teams. We have exciting news to share with all of you today — three modes of NBA JAM will be included with your purchase of NBA ELITE.

This year, our team at EA SPORTS wanted to create the ultimate basketball experience for PS3 owners. If you’ve been following all the news and updates on NBA ELITE, then the first thing that you’ve seen is the game is no longer called NBA LIVE. So why the name change?

Well, we believe that NBA ELITE will revolutionize the way you think, feel and play basketball video games — forever. The dev team is driving never seen before innovation in the form of a number of features that are radically different than what you have seen in previous NBA games. The first change you will see is in the revised control scheme: Hands-On Control. This year you have full control over everything in the game; from offense to defense. Your shooting is based on skill (not on the dice roll of hitting a button and letting the AI determine your success.) Dribbling is one-to-one movement, you can link moves together seamlessly like; euro-steps, dunk adjusts, spins-moves and so much more.

The second major revolutionary innovation you’re going to see is the inclusion of real physics driving the game. We’re leveraging the physics animation technology that drove NHL, FIFA and even Fight Night into the upper echelons of sports video games and applying it in way that works specifically for basketball.

People that we’ve shared the game with to date have told us that they are impressed (even amazed) at how NBA ELITE is the first game to “play and feel like real basketball.” We feel this comes down to all the little things you are able to see in this year’s game, such as unique ball deflections every time you play the game and various player collisions that make NBA basketball as exciting as it is. Look for more details to come on real physics, killer new modes, and more about our revamped in-game presentation centered around ESPN and their lead commentary team of Breen, Van Gundy, and Jackson.

With all the new additions that have gone into NBA ELITE 11 — we really feel that we’re doing everything to blaze a new path for basketball games — and we want you to play the game to see for yourself. To make NBA ELITE the ultimate basketball experience for you, we will be including three modes of NBA JAM for FREE with NBA ELITE 11. That’s right, not only will you be getting NBA ELITE 11 when you buy the game, but you will also have NBA JAM available as well — so for the price of one game, you’re getting two full NBA experiences. Another important note to share with all of you — the ONLY way you will be able to play NBA JAM for the PS3 is to buy NBA ELITE 11.

With NBA JAM on the PS3, the team is bringing you the classic two-on-two experience that you once knew from the original arcade game but this time with updated teams, and of course all in glorious HD. The controls are very easy to pick up and once you start throwing down monster dunks or begin heating up, it’s going to be hard to put down the controller. The game stays true to the original game but at the same time it offers a brand new take on the classic, with updated graphics and new game-play mechanics.

We’re very excited to be able to share the news with all of you, I know talking with a number of people in the community; everyone has wanted to see NBA JAM on the PS3. I can finally let you all know that your wish has become reality. I’m definitely curious to hear your thoughts about all of this. Be sure to comment below and let us all know what you think of the news.

Pencil mid-to-late September into your calendars for the NBA ELITE downloadable demo on PSN. We really believe that once you play the game for yourselves, you will see the revolutionary change that we’ve been talking about. For more information, join us on Facebook at EA SPORTS NBA, or you can follow me on Twitter @blackflash83.

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!
Old 08-03-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's a pretty nice bonus. Now, if Amazon could just offer a $20 VG credit...
Old 09-13-10, 01:04 PM
Banned

The East rosters for NBA Jam!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...=NBAJam-100907
Old 09-13-10, 01:12 PM
Banned

Old 09-13-10, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Manute Bol as a legend for the Wizards? WTH? Uhhh, what about Bernard King, Wes Unseld, or even Jeff Malone?
Old 09-13-10, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

That 1 on 1 mode looks pretty cool.

I fully intend on getting this for the Wii, however I'm not sure how the Wii controller is going to work on this game.
Old 09-13-10, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Manute Bol as a legend for the Wizards? WTH? Uhhh, what about Bernard King, Wes Unseld, or even Jeff Malone?
Any questionable "legends" clearly came from nostalgia for the original NBA Jam.
Old 09-13-10, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree with the comments in the article -- having Charlie Villanueva on my Pistons roster over Ben Wallace is blasphemy! That said, I know my Pistons suck... just saying.
Old 09-13-10, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm really excited to see a Suns team with Nash, J-Rich, Grant Hill, Hedo, Kevin Johnson and Charles Barkley (and hopefully maybe Dan Majerle).
Old 09-13-10, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DaveWadding View Post
I'm really excited to see a Suns team with Nash, J-Rich, Grant Hill, Hedo, Kevin Johnson and Charles Barkley (and hopefully maybe Dan Majerle).
Isn't this game only 2 on 2?
Old 09-13-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVDChris View Post
Isn't this game only 2 on 2?
Yeah, but you get to pick from 5 players to assemble your team. Three current and (usually) two "classic" players.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.