Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-10, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Originally Posted by chuckd21
So just to be clear... Fisher Price guitars = good. Keytars = fuck this game.

Do I have that right?

I guess keytars are a "This far and no farther!" moment? Picard would be proud.
Old 05-28-10, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Originally Posted by flashburn
For all you PS3 drummers (do they exist?), that Suicide Silence song is awesome on drums, lots of fun, and it's not really difficult either. Of course you need to be able to tolerate the song, which I'm sure most people won't.

I'll check it out.
Old 05-28-10, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark my words. In 6 months everyone will be in here saying "Man, I wish this keyboard had a strap"
Old 05-28-10, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You just want everything to be a strap-on.
Old 05-28-10, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
You just want everything to be a strap-on.
It always comes back to imagery of your penis with you.
Old 05-28-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I work at home. I see it a lot.
Old 05-28-10, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jdpatri

I'll check it out.
Here you go:

Haters need not reply.
Old 05-28-10, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm bored... here are some other recent RBN songs that I think are fun on drums (it's pretty much all Metal with a bit of punk):

Spoiler:

This song is just awesome and awful all at the same time (chick is insane)... but the part around 1:20 is fun as hell:

Bonus song:
Spoiler:
From 2:40 on, it's as if they have a caveman for a drummer!

Last edited by flashburn; 05-28-10 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-28-10, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Here you go:

Haters need not reply.
I went to high school with the singer. Not my cup of tea musically, though.
Old 05-28-10, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Haha, that's cool. It's not really my thing either, but I enjoy playing it.
Old 05-28-10, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Robot Rock
I went to high school with the singer. Not my cup of tea musically, though.
Did you already know he was in that band or did you recognize his voice?
Old 05-28-10, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by GoVegan
Did you already know he was in that band or did you recognize his voice?
I knew he was in the band.
Old 05-29-10, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by KnightLerxst
I'm waiting for Rush rockband with plastic Taurus Pedals, a plastic Oberheim OB-X, a plastic double neck bass/guitar...and kimonos for the entire band.
Not to mention the attachable Neil mustache from the 70s. It's a must-have.
Old 05-29-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 708 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Florida.
Belated, but you can suck it.

Old 06-02-10, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Even before keyboard support was confirmed in the GD:RB demo, I was expecting it to be unveiled on stage at E3. I imagined a HMX band getting up there and showing us a song that would be in the game and they'd rock out for a while. Then the song would naturally segue into a prominent piano piece and the stage lights would dim but for a single spotlight on that now-visible player. I imagined the note track being added during the song (like GH's drop-in/out feature) to maintain the surprise as long as possible. The only thing I wasn't sure of was what song would work best. Somehow I forgot all about my desire for this song until it hit my iPod while mowing this morning. Harmonix got The Who and The Beatles to play and show up at E3 in years past. Is it really so hard to believe that we might see...

Spoiler:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fX5USg8_1gA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fX5USg8_1gA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 06-02-10, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

great call, I can def see this happening.
Old 06-02-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 815 Likes on 386 Posts

I just noticed that the GD:RB pre-order credit at Amazon has been changed from a $20 credit to a $10 credit. Will people that ordered when it was a $20 credit still get the $20? The fine print does read "Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."
Old 06-02-10, 02:51 PM

All this keyboard talk has me thinking "Imagine" by John Lennon will be in the game.
Old 06-02-10, 03:50 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Even before keyboard support was confirmed in the GD:RB demo, I was expecting it to be unveiled on stage at E3. I imagined a HMX band getting up there and showing us a song that would be in the game and they'd rock out for a while. Then the song would naturally segue into a prominent piano piece and the stage lights would dim but for a single spotlight on that now-visible player. I imagined the note track being added during the song (like GH's drop-in/out feature) to maintain the surprise as long as possible. The only thing I wasn't sure of was what song would work best. Somehow I forgot all about my desire for this song until it hit my iPod while mowing this morning. Harmonix got The Who and The Beatles to play and show up at E3 in years past. Is it really so hard to believe that we might see...

Spoiler:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fX5USg8_1gA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fX5USg8_1gA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Why don't they get someone known for playing the piano, like Elton John, instead of someone known for playing the guitar?
Old 06-02-10, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Why don't they get someone known for playing the piano, like Elton John, instead of someone known for playing the guitar?
Don't question Pinata. He's touchy about this stuff.
Old 06-02-10, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Remember how my whole setup was based around a surprise announcement? Geez.

Also, you never answered my question about your magical dueling skills in the RDR thread. You yella'?
Old 06-02-10, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

The only thing I wasn't sure of was what song would work best.
Spoiler:
November Rain? After the piano "Solo" with the spotlight, etc. bring everyone back into the band with Slash's solo.
Old 06-02-10, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That'd be good too, but don't let Suprmallet see it or he'll get on ya.
Old 06-02-10, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

What for?
Old 06-02-10, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nesbit
November Rain? After the piano "Solo" with the spotlight, etc. bring everyone back into the band with Slash's solo.
stop killing Pinata's boner...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.