Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-10, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Pink Floyd? Damn, that's huge!
Old 02-05-10, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 708 Likes on 436 Posts
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Thank God, we can rest assured knowing they won't edit the holy piss out of "In The Flesh!"... if this was even a remotely credible rumor and not some random dude's blog entry.
Old 02-06-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a random blog entry, alas.
Old 02-06-10, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Their marketing head is Carl Weathers? Cool!
Old 02-07-10, 03:36 AM

I could not get any stiffer for Rust In Peace - fantastic.
Old 02-07-10, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porieux
It was a random blog entry, alas.
But those guys seem to be pretty tight with HMX from what I gather.
Old 02-07-10, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

bring on The Who!
Old 02-07-10, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, where is it?
Old 02-07-10, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm really surprised EA/HMX didn't pony up for a promo for the download.
Old 02-07-10, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

maybe tomorrow ...
Old 02-07-10, 09:39 PM
Mok

"The Who Super Bowl S-mashup" - 90Mb

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...-d80245410829/

Last edited by Mok; 02-07-10 at 09:42 PM. Reason: link not working
Old 02-08-10, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,480 Likes on 4,433 Posts

I just bought and played this. It's interesting. I guess it's a new studio recording. Long set. I didn't time it but it must run 11-12 minutes. It feels very strange to play a medley, but at least the songs are good ones and I imagine it's a hellishly hard set on drums.
Old 02-08-10, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Daltry didn't sound at the top of his game but Townsend was great. I don't really need a medley of songs I already own, but I have to support this kind of endeavor. Pretty cool concept to have it available so quickly.
Old 02-08-10, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I'm passing on the medley. It just doesn't do anything for me.

Very cool they put a drum solo in the Won't Get Fooled Again portion.
Old 02-08-10, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's worth the 2 bucks. It's not great, but the charting is different enough from the regular versions that it's fun to play.

Last edited by chuckd21; 02-08-10 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-08-10, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay so I think I've finally worn out my Guitar Hero World Tour guitar. I need replacement recommendations and/or deals you might know about for a cheap substitute controller.
Old 02-08-10, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Okay so I think I've finally worn out my Guitar Hero World Tour guitar. I need replacement recommendations and/or deals you might know about for a cheap substitute controller.
What's not working on it? Mine recently stopped registering strums consistently and I opened it up and carefully bent the prongs on the actual strum pieces and it seems to be working fine now. Those pieces are also replaceable with some parts from Radio Shack (about 3 bucks each) and some soldering.

As for a cheap solution to just get a whole new guitar, I'm not sure. Amazon had GH:WT guitar bunlde on sale about 2 months ago for $27 shipped, which got you the guitar and the game, but it's since gone back up to normal price.
Old 02-08-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shagrath
What's not working on it? Mine recently stopped registering strums consistently and I opened it up and carefully bent the prongs on the actual strum pieces and it seems to be working fine now. Those pieces are also replaceable with some parts from Radio Shack (about 3 bucks each) and some soldering.

As for a cheap solution to just get a whole new guitar, I'm not sure. Amazon had GH:WT guitar bunlde on sale about 2 months ago for $27 shipped, which got you the guitar and the game, but it's since gone back up to normal price.
Two problems with it. Left and right no longer works on the directional pad/nub, and when playing a sustained orange note, it'll sometimes just crap out in the middle of the note and register another hit.
Old 02-08-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Two problems with it. Left and right no longer works on the directional pad/nub, and when playing a sustained orange note, it'll sometimes just crap out in the middle of the note and register another hit.
That's the first I've heard of frets not registering on a non-Les Paul guitar. I looked around a little for a fix, but didn't see one. Sorry.
Old 02-08-10, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1,063 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I'm more excited of the fact that Floyd is even mentioned...but you're right, The Wall might not have been the best choice - but for marketability to non-Floyd fans, it's the correct monetary choice.
I don't think The Wall would be my first choice either, there's just too much stuff on it which wouldn't translate well into Rock Band.

While I don't know all of the legal ins and outs, I'm pretty sure Roger Waters retains much of the control over The Wall. It may be a case of him working with Harmonix, but not the rest of the band. If Harmonix wanted Dark Side or WYWH or whatever, they would probably need the involvement of the others. Just a thought, as it seems to me Dark Side would work much better (and if I had to pick one, I'd pick WYWH).

All that said, this is a dream come true for me and just the thought of playing In The Flesh, Mother, Young Lust, Hey You, Comfortably Numb, etc... makes me all giddy inside.
Old 02-08-10, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Has there ever been an album released that contained tracks previously released as DLC? (obviously not counting on-disc tracks)
Old 02-09-10, 01:25 AM

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

you mean like Moving Pictures? even if those were covers...
Old 02-09-10, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another KMFDM song is up on RBN! Juke Joint Jezebel!

Old 02-09-10, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveWadding
you mean like Moving Pictures? even if those were covers...
sort of, but if the album contained the actual songs. Was wondering how they would do the pricing. Because you normally get a discount for buying the whole album, but you wouldn't need the whole album...
Old 02-09-10, 07:24 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by rocket1312
I don't think The Wall would be my first choice either, there's just too much stuff on it which wouldn't translate well into Rock Band.

While I don't know all of the legal ins and outs, I'm pretty sure Roger Waters retains much of the control over The Wall. It may be a case of him working with Harmonix, but not the rest of the band. If Harmonix wanted Dark Side or WYWH or whatever, they would probably need the involvement of the others. Just a thought, as it seems to me Dark Side would work much better (and if I had to pick one, I'd pick WYWH).

All that said, this is a dream come true for me and just the thought of playing In The Flesh, Mother, Young Lust, Hey You, Comfortably Numb, etc... makes me all giddy inside.
Comfortably Numb will, I hope, be a blast to play on guitar. Such great guitar work in the song and instantly recognizable by people familiar with the song.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.