Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Batman: Arkham City Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-20, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
Re: Batman: Arkham City Thread

Yeah, Detective Mode probably is one of the main flaws throughout the series. The games make you rely on it way too much. I think it was especially bad in Arkham City though if I’m remembering right. Then Arkham Knight has its over-reliance on the Batmobile.

Last edited by Mike86; 10-31-20 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-27-20, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

The Mr. Freeze boss fight was so awesome.
Old 07-28-20, 04:26 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 922 Likes on 776 Posts

loving this. doing the sides, Zsasz's call thing where you have to traverse city quickly, gliding, bat grapple, yes, a lot of reliance of Detective mode, but i can deal and i guess i was wrong bc i did see my Animated Batman character in a pre-programmed cut scene, so maybe in some and not others.

but, one thing that annoys me and i'm not sure why happens, but every time i go out a door or a new place it loads, saves, whatever, which is fine, but it also changes my current side objective back to main objective rescuing Freeze from Penguin. i am currently saving Riddler hostages and set objectives for that, but a new door or whatever changes that. is this fixable, noticed by anyone else or known bug or something?
Old 07-29-20, 07:11 PM

Anyone know what I can do so objective is what I want like a side and not have it switch automatically to main when I go through a door and save and stuff?
Old 07-29-20, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

???
Old 07-29-20, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
???
He has a question about a very specific, trivial quandary from a 9 year old game... don't you have an answer??
Old 07-30-20, 06:19 PM

I’m really having fun with City now. And not as overwhelming as I thought it would be. I hadn’t played too many open world games prior to City, even though I don’t think true open world. But playing all the Borderlands, RDR, FC5, AC:O, and all the other games with sides, has made this a lot easier and a lot more fun. And I love changing costumes for each play. They had a Sinestro Corps. Batman. Now, I’m not exactly sure what that means, but think from the Green Lantern universe since that was/is he’s biggest foe, I believe.

Anyway, traversing, the different missions, the upgrades, just fun all together.

Last edited by OldBoy; 08-02-20 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-01-20, 06:27 PM

This is also a perfect game to be one and done. Do a mission and can be done, but you at least have the itch to do just one more, but either way win win...
Old 08-09-20, 05:21 PM

This could very well be the best superhero game ever (not that there are so so many). Opening the world as it did from Asylum made it so much better. So much more to do that’s actually interesting and contributes to story as whole. This is what superhero games should be based on. It’s just brilliant, not only as a superhero game, but 3rd person game in general. Not saying best 3rd person or even close, but it is very well done and that it includes one of the most iconic superhero’s in history makes it more crave worthy.

I had no idea the cadre of enemies he would encounter, fight and help. Hugo Strange, Bane, Riddler, Grundy, Killer Croc, Freeze, Penguin, Joker, Ivy, Quinn, I’m sure more, not finished yet. And, the immortal himself Ra’s al Ghul. That was a great scene, kinda easy fight, but fun nonetheless. I just finished with that scene and on way to Freeze for antidote or something. Think almost done, but just so much fun. I will say, the fighting button mashing does make my hand ache after most encounters. I know that’s how it is. Was like that in Asylum, but it gets tough with a lot of baddies sometimes. I do like the silent takedown approach the most and I’ve been very successful, but some situations it’s unavoidable. Minor nitpick.

Other than that, this has to go down in annals of superhero game greats, which again, I know are not that many.