Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Batman: Arkham City Thread

Old 07-07-13, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Batman: Arkham City Thread

Originally Posted by taffer
Just finished New Game +. That was a bit more enjoyable with the added challenge.

There are a lot of plot holes and unresolved story that I noticed this time around.

Spoiler:
Near the beginning of the game when you first go to the steel mill and find Joker, he is apparently dead in a chair with Harley crying over him. Batman does the detective mode scan then and Joker is indeed dead because he has no pulse. He also has bones. Clayface doesn't have bones, and when you fight Joker at the end of the game in the funhouse that Joker doesn't have bones which indicates that its really Clayface. My question though is who was that dead Joker in the beginning? It couldn't have been Clayface since the dead Joker had bones.

Robin brings the linear launcher to Batman, so apparently Robin can enter and exit Arkham City freely? So why can't Batman? Why did he have to get himself arrested as Bruce Wayne in order to get inside?

Speaking of Robin, Batman gives him the blood sample and tells him to get it to the hospital so they can work on a cure. We never find out if they actually got a working cure, and the only cure Batman had was smashed at the end of the game.

Why is Joker seemingly the only one that is dying when lots of other inmates were also injected with Titan? Also Joker said he sent his blood to the hospitals weeks ago. So he has been dying for weeks, but yet Batman when injected has only a few hours to live.

Another thing that bothers me is the Deadshot mission says Deadshot was hired by Hugo Strange to assassinate certain people in Arkham City. Why even bother to hire Deadshot when Protocol Ten was going to kill them all anyway?

For the first one:

Spoiler:
it would probably be pretty easy to stick a skeleton into Clayface, especially if he didn't have to move. That maybe a weak answer, but it could work. Where's my No Prize?
Old 07-07-13, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Spoiler:
Where's my No Prize?
Spoiler:
Shouldn't you be asking for a Baldy Award?
Old 07-07-13, 06:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
For the first one:

Spoiler:
it would probably be pretty easy to stick a skeleton into Clayface, especially if he didn't have to move. That maybe a weak answer, but it could work. Where's my No Prize?
Spoiler:
I suppose so, but that assumes that the villains actually know that Batman has an x-ray scanner. Also Batman's scanner shows a zero heart beat per minute. Can Clayface fake a dead heart?
Old 06-21-15, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Just started this last night on PC. My Graphics Card isn't the best but was still able to run it on Very High at 60 FPS although i had to turn off DX 11 features. Still looks great.

Harley Quinn
Old 12-13-15, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,064 Likes on 644 Posts

For anyone who may still be playing this on the PS4: Here is a code for the Sinestro Corps Batman Skin. I do not believe it has been used. Please post if you use it. thanks.

PL6H-FAN2-E7ET
Old 12-13-15, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Grabbed it. Thanks Spiderbite.
Old 12-14-15, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Arkham City came out on PS4? You mean PS3?
Old 04-18-16, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are headed to the PS4 and Xbox One.

http://www.icxm.net/x/batman-arkham-...mmer-2016.html
Old 04-18-16, 04:08 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

i'll definitely give AA another spin on the One. loved that game.
Old 04-19-16, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EinCB
Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are headed to the PS4 and Xbox One.

http://www.icxm.net/x/batman-arkham-...mmer-2016.html
*sigh*, I guess no BC for the existing 360 copies . Hopefully, at least Origins is moved over for BC in a sympathy type move.
Old 07-25-20, 10:26 AM

are there any real ties between this and Asylum? i finished and loved Asylum way back and was starting it over to do the trilogy (never played last 2), but is it worth it? are there really any significant things i need to remember? no drastic gameplay differences, right? i can just jump and should jump into City and forget Asylum? thanks.
Old 07-25-20, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

As far as I remember the stories stand alone. Both are worth playing though. I’ve been meaning to go back to them myself. I sort of liked aspects of Arkham Asylum a bit better, but Arkham City is more fine tuned.
Old 07-25-20, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86
As far as I remember the stories stand alone. Both are worth playing though. I’ve been meaning to go back to them myself. I sort of liked aspects of Arkham Asylum a bit better, but Arkham City is more fine tuned.
yeah, i was going through Asylum again, but felt like i was gong through the motions. remembered most of how to take who down when, finding joker trophies and stuff. it was redundant since i already finished once. i jumped into City...
Old 07-25-20, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
yeah, i was going through Asylum again, but felt like i was gong through the motions. remembered most of how to take who down when, finding joker trophies and stuff. it was redundant since i already finished once. i jumped into City...
I'm glad that there was a conclusion to this multi thread saga.
Old 07-25-20, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Questyen
I'm glad that there was a conclusion to this multi thread saga.
I’m glad you’re appeased. It was keeping me up. It’s not like created brand new inane ones. Just possibly inserted some inane posts to get an answer that would be rational and definitive and give me that nudge I needed. No biggie.
Old 07-25-20, 05:22 PM

kefrank pretty much clinched it and I’m thankful to him, or her, don’t want to assume. Started, and while remaining opening bits familiar since I did start once, but seemed less overwhelming and glad I jumped into and then Knight, which never played, but had. It gives me the itch. Which I always love when playing a good game...
Old 07-25-20, 07:13 PM

plus i love that i can play as any Batman from the various universes bc i must have the Ultimate with DLC or whatever, probably came with the remastered first two set. i'm using Batman Beyond skin and looks badass!
Old 07-25-20, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Does it switch back to the regular skin during cutscenes? I seem to remember Asylum doing that which ruins it.
Old 07-25-20, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 310 Likes on 212 Posts

kefrank pretty much clinched it and I’m thankful to him, or her, don’t want to assume. Started, and while remaining opening bits familiar since I did start once, but seemed less overwhelming and glad I jumped into and then Knight, which never played, but had. It gives me the itch. Which I always love when playing a good game...
Glad I could help. I was pretty much just having a bit of a laugh stating the obvious (don't waste time).

For the record, I'm male.
Old 07-26-20, 06:18 PM

I am glad I jumped out of the Asylum and into the big City. Feels fresher, but still same mechanics as first. The few added gadgets at beginning is great. Needed though for traversing through city.
Tell me this though...are the side missions worth doing? Do they add to story, my character, XP or anything like that? Meaning do I really have to do them or just stick to main story?
Old 07-26-20, 06:27 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

City is my favorite of the series. It's by far the most enjoyable to play and probably the best comic book game ever.
Old 07-26-20, 06:32 PM

I’m not bothering with those figuring out riddler trophies. I’ll get the ones I find by accident or along way while using explosive gel to break a window.

I do wish cutscenes included the suit you happen to be fashioning, but they are in the bit QTE sequence after busting a grate or something. But I’m sure much harder to do with dlc bat costumes in premade story cutscenes, or not even possible.

Red Hood...are the side missions worth doing iyo?
Old 07-26-20, 06:43 PM
Banned

I’m not bothering with those figuring out riddler trophies. I’ll get the ones I find by accident or along way while using explosive gel to break a window.

I do wish cutscenes included the suit you happen to be fashioning, but they are in the bit QTE sequence after busting a grate or something. But I’m sure much harder to do with dlc bat costumes in premade story cutscenes, or not even possible.

Red Hood...are the side missions worth doing iyo?
Yes. Besides helping you upgrade your suit and skills, the side missions are really fun and you encounter some of Batman's top villains. The Bane and Mr Freeze side missions are really cool.
Old 07-26-20, 07:39 PM

K. Yeah, I’m already friendly with Bane and taking out his steroid tanks. He’s a roided monster in this game. Was on to Freeze prior with temp gauge. But, I’ll do everything. I am having a lot of fun, though I don’t like that when you’re in detective mode your little compass of objective or way points goes away. Only in regular mode do I see at top. I would think more useful in detective mode. I play so much in detective mode, I feel like I’m missing the beauty of the game. Though all fights are in real mode and look great. Everything looks great. But traversing and finding all clues requires Detective mode almost all the time...
Old 07-26-20, 09:25 PM
Banned

I think the dependence on detective mode was one the few issues/complaints the game had.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.