Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Batman: Arkham City Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts
Re: Batman: Arkham City Thread

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
You get an achivement for finishing them.

Oh and thanks for the spoilers. Not all of us know the Batman universe left and right. I had no idea who the Watcher was nor who the fuck Hush is.
don't read the thread unless you want shit to be spoiled. that's pretty much the rule of thumb when it comes to games. sort of like you wouldn't go read the walking dead thread before going seeing an episode.
Old 10-26-11, 06:49 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I think games are a little different, since they take a lot longer to get through and not everybody is in the same place.
Old 10-26-11, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I think games are a little different, since they take a lot longer to get through and not everybody is in the same place.
I have to agree with this. I check this thread just to see what people have to say about it, or if I can help/comment on something. I finished the game last night, and the first side mission I started today was "Mysterious Stranger", which I didn't finish yet...not a biggie for me, but I can see how some people would get kinda pissed.
Old 10-26-11, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh and thanks for the spoilers. Not all of us know the Batman universe left and right. I had no idea who the Watcher was nor who the fuck Hush is.
You certainly don't need to know the Batman universe "left and right" to know who Azrael and Hush are. They were only involved in two of the biggest Batman stories of the 1990s and 2000s respectively...

I would therefore say if you don't know who they are, then you in fact know basically nothing at all about the Batman universe.

If you don't know anything about the Batman universe, then why does it even matter? Who they are only truly matters if you actually know them. Otherwise they could be Pee Wee Herman characters and you wouldn't know any difference.

Anyway, rant aside, those weren't really spoilers. Azrael is really nothing more than a brief cameo appearance that will fly right over your head if you don't even know who he is, and the killer was just me speculating it was Hush based on the evidence I have gathered so far. I don't know for certain that it is since I have yet to complete it. So my speculation certainly should not be regarded as a spoiler.
Old 10-26-11, 07:22 PM
Banned

Technically not everyone is in the same place when watching through a TV season either. You assume everyone watches TV as it airs.
Old 10-26-11, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk God

and? people talk about the game in here. there are bound to be spoilers. if you don't want shit spoiled, don't come in here with the expectation that it won't. because it will inevitably will be.
Old 10-26-11, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by StatMan79
Oh I know, I was just annoyed at the one part there toward the end that was a must-do. I've figured it out though. Tricky, but neat.
What part are you talking about exactly?

I "cheated" in Arkham Asylum, and listened to the inmate tapes via youtube, and have done the same thing in City to see the endings of some of the sidequests I couldn't/didn't complete. Some will say that totally defeats the point, but I was curious to see how some of these plot threads wrapped up, while I wasn't having fun doing them (Riddler clues). Youtube is such a luxury.

Since it is inevitable that we'll get another game in this franchise, I look forward to playing both Asylum and City again back to back before the next one comes out. Such satisfying experiences.
Old 10-26-11, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I was walking around looking for anything hidden tonight, A block or so from the museum, toward the direction of the security wall, I found Sal Maroni's Italian Restaurant! That means this Batman universe has Falcone and Maroni as mob bosses.

Regarding HUSH:

Spoiler:

Kevin Conroy has stated his work on future DLC has been both extensive and time consuming. Conroy also voiced HUSH, so it's possible we will see that story completed via DLC.
Old 10-26-11, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I was walking around looking for anything hidden tonight, A block or so from the museum, toward the direction of the security wall, I found Sal Maroni's Italian Restaurant! That means this Batman universe has Falcone and Maroni as mob bosses.

Regarding HUSH:

Spoiler:

Kevin Conroy has stated his work on future DLC has been both extensive and time consuming. Conroy also voiced HUSH, so it's possible we will see that story completed via DLC.
Spoiler:
I might be blanking out but when did Conroy voice Hush? I know he wasn't in The Animated Series at all as the Hush story wasn't written until after it ended. Was it on Justice League? I wouldn't know if it was as I didn't really watch much of that.
Old 10-26-11, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Mike86
Spoiler:
I might be blanking out but when did Conroy voice Hush? I know he wasn't in The Animated Series at all as the Hush story wasn't written until after it ended. Was it on Justice League? I wouldn't know if it was as I didn't really watch much of that.
Spoiler:
He's talking about in the game. It's very clearly his voice.
Old 10-26-11, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Is this a first-person game or third person? Thanks.
Old 10-26-11, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 404 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
You certainly don't need to know the Batman universe "left and right" to know who Azrael and Hush are. They were only involved in two of the biggest Batman stories of the 1990s and 2000s respectively...

I would therefore say if you don't know who they are, then you in fact know basically nothing at all about the Batman universe.

If you don't know anything about the Batman universe, then why does it even matter? Who they are only truly matters if you actually know them. Otherwise they could be Pee Wee Herman characters and you wouldn't know any difference.

Anyway, rant aside, those weren't really spoilers. Azrael is really nothing more than a brief cameo appearance that will fly right over your head if you don't even know who he is, and the killer was just me speculating it was Hush based on the evidence I have gathered so far. I don't know for certain that it is since I have yet to complete it. So my speculation certainly should not be regarded as a spoiler.
Good point. From now on, tell me who the last boss is in every game you play. I think the last boss in this game is some clown. The Jokester or something.

If I don't know about a game, or it's lore and/or history, it's good to know there's someone with a big mouth like you around to show me what the hell is up
Old 10-26-11, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Third person
Old 10-26-11, 10:26 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
third
Old 10-27-11, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
and? people talk about the game in here. there are bound to be spoilers. if you don't want shit spoiled, don't come in here with the expectation that it won't. because it will inevitably will be.
Bullshit. Game threads are WAY different than movie/TV show threads. Just because I rarely, if ever, go to the thread of a game I'm finished with. The treads are fun while I'm playing the game. When I'm done with the game, I'm over it.

But then, games are different enough, where I don't think they can be "spoiled" in the same way a movie/TV show can either simply by stating what happens.
Old 10-27-11, 12:55 AM
Banned

Good point. From now on, tell me who the last boss is in every game you play. I think the last boss in this game is some clown. The Jokester or something.

Oh come on now. Saying someone has a 10 second cameo appearance is not nearly in the same league as spoiling the final boss.
Old 10-27-11, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Spoiler:
He's talking about in the game. It's very clearly his voice.
Which makes him all the more impressive to me. To be able to switch it up like that. Homie is a BOSS.

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Oh come on now. Saying someone has a 10 second cameo appearance is not nearly in the same league as spoiling the final boss.
True, but then everyone has a different tolerance level about where they draw the line with spoilers. I know I didn't want to know ANYTHING about this game going in. I wish there was a way I could have kept the fact that Catwoman is in the game, because it is fun to discover that stuff yourself. But at the same time, when a game is being discussed, you do have to expect that some things will be spoiled for you in a game's thread. Like the fact that Superman is the final boss. Who saw that coming?
Old 10-27-11, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Bullshit. Game threads are WAY different than movie/TV show threads. Just because I rarely, if ever, go to the thread of a game I'm finished with. The treads are fun while I'm playing the game. When I'm done with the game, I'm over it.

But then, games are different enough, where I don't think they can be "spoiled" in the same way a movie/TV show can either simply by stating what happens.
Backwards logic much? In what plane of existence can a game story not be spoiled?
Old 10-27-11, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I wish there was a way I could have kept the fact that Catwoman is in the game
What?! I knew something was up when I was installing that "Play as Catwoman" DLC.
Old 10-27-11, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by slop101

That's like, your opinion, man.
Old 10-27-11, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
Backwards logic much? In what plane of existence can a game story not be spoiled?
In my plane, where I've never ever played a game for it's story, and therefore don't care if it gets "spoiled" - I put that in quotes because, aside from playing it in front of me, it's impossible to spoil a video game for me.
Old 10-27-11, 10:52 AM

If only there were some sort of easy to use tag that we could implement, so that people who wanted to see and discuss spoilers could, while making them hidden from others.
Old 10-27-11, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If only there were some sort of easy to use tag that we could implement, so that people who wanted to see and discuss spoilers could, while making them hidden from others.
Madness!

Since that doesn't exist, if only there was a way for people that didn't want to risk being spoiled not venturing into a thread for which they're not fully ready.
Old 10-27-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or we can use spoiler tags.

Or the ignore button, for example, I have Groucho and Pinata in ignore because they think they are funny spoiling all the games I like.
Old 10-27-11, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by pinata242

Since that doesn't exist, if only there was a way for people that didn't want to risk being spoiled not venturing into a thread for which they're not fully ready.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.