Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Batman: Arkham City Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-10, 03:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Sequel

'Batman: Arkham Asylum 2' Game Locks Up Two-Face, Mister Freeze, And Talia Al Ghul!

Posted 4/20/10 10:29 am ET by Josh Wigler in DC Comics, News

Arkham AsylumWhen Batman returns to "Arkham Asylum," he'll have at least three new villains to contend with, as various voice actors from the upcoming video game sequel have confirmed that Mister Freeze, Talia al Ghul and Two-Face are on the loose in Gotham City.

According to Kotaku, "The Spirit" actress Stana Katic revealed on Twitter that she had recently "recorded a character voice on the next Batman video game," confirming the character as Talia, daughter of Ra's al Ghul. Katic later removed the tweets from her account.

Additionally, "Futurama" voice actor Maurice LaMarche told Geekcastradio (via Kotaku) that he'll be playing Mister Freeze in the game.

"I'm about to go in and do Mr. Freeze for Arkham Asylum 2," he said. "He's out for blood right now because, err... I can't tell you the situation, but he's actually somewhat a sympathetic character within the framework of the game."

Finally, at the C2E2 convention in Chicago this weekend, Batman himself spilled the beans on Two-Face. A fan lured voice actor Kevin Conroy into revealing that Harvey Dent would have a role in the second "Arkham Asylum" game, causing Conroy to laugh at his own mistake.

"There's a very complicated cast," he said according to Comic Book Resources. "A lot of villains are in it. I'll just leave it at that!"

Conroy went on to compare the tone of the "Arkham Asylum" sequel to "Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker," a rather grim Batman tale.

"It's really, really dark," he said of the game. "It involves a lot of the villains and it goes to that area — it's that dark."
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/04/20...talia-al-ghul/
Old 05-11-10, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Talia
Old 05-11-10, 06:14 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Talia

Old 06-15-10, 04:02 PM
Banned

Sad to read this story:

'Batman: Arkham Asylum 2' To Be Mark Hamill's Last Joker Role

Posted 5/27/10 3:15 pm ET by Brian Warmoth in PS3, Xbox 360

Mark Hamill has a long history with video games, as well as a rich career portraying The Joker. He got his start during the '90s in "Batman: The Animated Series" and went to reprise the role in numerous DC Comics animated productions and eventually once more in 2009's "Batman: Arkham Asylum." Well, he's officially on to do it again in "Arkham Asylum 2," but the actor who made Luke Skywalker a household face says the sequel will be his last time playing the most famous clown in comics.

"This will be my last, there's no question about that," Hamill told IGN. "But it's the last hurrah."

Hamill spoke fondly of his time playing Mr. J from 1992 through 2004, and he had nothing but nice things to say about everyone at Rocksteady, but the chance to collaborate again with some old friends was what finally convinced him to do the part one more time for their games.

"When they said, 'We want you to come back [to the role of The Joker] and do 'Arkham,'' I said the same; 'I left on a high note, I don't think we could ever top that.' But they said, 'We got Paul Dini,' who was my favourite ever Joker writer, 'and Kevin Conroy,' who I love," the actor explained. "This was a real reunion and a very pleasant experience. So of course I relented, but I had no idea it would have the impact it did."

When it comes down to it, Hamill's voice as The Joker is about as recognizable to fans as Heath Ledger's scarred face or Caesar Romero's giddy frolicking from the old Adam West TV series, so "Arkham 2" would be hard pressed to find someone better. If it's anything like its predecessor, Hamill definitely made the right decision this time, too.
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/...st-joker-role/

hopefully, he'll reconsider if he is offered a good project.
Old 06-15-10, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will we get any news on AA2 at E3 this week?
Old 06-15-10, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hamill made the same exact statement after the last game.
Old 06-15-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598

I know everyone's hung up on having Catwoman in Nolan's next Batman movie but I'd rather have Talia.
Old 06-15-10, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

He just wants more money.... give it to him!!
Old 06-15-10, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Any word on this having or not having online multiplayer of some kind? That's the deal breaker for me.
Old 06-15-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they have it, or if they don't?
Old 06-15-10, 05:02 PM

If they don't. I pretty much only play the online modes for games I buy, so there's not much point in picking up a game that doesn't offer any online multiplayer modes. I've heard a lot of good things about the first Arkham Asylum, and I liked the demo, so I hope the sequel offers me a little more.
Old 08-05-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Arkham City is coming...Fall of 2011.

http://www.batmanarkhamcity.com/
Old 08-05-10, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That gives them a decent amount of time to get this right. If I'm not mistaken, this will be the same time frame between Batman games, as was between Assassin Creed games, and you see how that worked. I'm excited.
Old 08-05-10, 01:49 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Arkham City, I like the title.
Old 08-05-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Arkham City, I like the title.
Me too. All early signs point to this being an awesome sequel.
Old 08-05-10, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

A pair of covers for Game Informer featuring Arkham City art... Hidden largely for size:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Adboy151; 08-05-10 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-05-10, 06:43 PM

holy shit that 1st cover is amazing. I'll be taking one of those from work
Old 08-05-10, 08:43 PM
Banned by request

Thanks. I've gone and ruined my new pants looking at that artwork!
Old 08-05-10, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So is Paul Dini back as the writer for this game?
Old 08-06-10, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Aweosme cover.
Old 08-09-10, 08:07 PM
Banned by request

I got my copy of Game Informer. I don't know if the basic plot has been spelled out before, but it's as dumb as a box of rocks.

Spoiler:
Warden Sharp (who I thought Harley had killed in the first game) becomes Mayor of Gotham and cordons off massive portions of the city and turns it into an Escape from NY-style prison where there are no rules except any escape attempt will be met with execution. Two-Face is incarcerated there, and in order to show he's not to be messed with, sets Catwoman up for execution. Batman has to go in to prevent Catwoman from getting killed.

Not nearly as interesting as Joker or Two-Face wreaking havoc over active areas of Gotham.
Old 08-09-10, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
Sharp turned out to be a serial killer in the first game. He was the one leaving all the Spirit of Arkham tablets. If you try to confront him about it, he's disappeared from where you left him.
Old 08-09-10, 09:05 PM
Banned

Spoiler:
Sharp could turn out to be Clayface, which would make more sense and give a better final battle. It would also show that the criminals are banding together to take over Gotham. I hope that either Robin and/or Nightwing join the battle.
Old 08-09-10, 09:10 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Spoiler:
Sharp turned out to be a serial killer in the first game. He was the one leaving all the Spirit of Arkham tablets. If you try to confront him about it, he's disappeared from where you left him.
Seriously? Weird.

Either way, that's not the part that bothered me about it.
Old 08-10-10, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Arkham City was in Batman: AA all along (well kind of)

I was one of those crazy people who did everything there was to do in Batman: Arkham Asylum; or so I thought. Game Informer has rocked my world by posting about the secret room of Warden Quincy Sharp. It's so secret, you literally have to take out a wall with exploding gel to access it.

The room itself isn't so special -- it's what you'll find inside. Get this: there are blueprints for Arkham City. In case you missed the announcement, the follow-up to Arkham Asylum is, in fact, called Arkham City. Boom goes the dynamite!

Here's a juicy quote from Paul Crocker, the lead narrative designer at Rocksteady Studios: "What I think people are really going to enjoy is not just how Arkham Asylum led to Arkham City, but also how the story in Arkham City sheds new light on the events you saw in Arkham Asylum."

Excuse me while I run through the game for a third time. Alternatively, you could just watch GI's video, which showcases this insanity, by following the link below.

http://www.destructoid.com/arkham-ci...--181023.phtml

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.