Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Pepsi caps/Rock Band thread!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official Pepsi caps/Rock Band thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-09, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Rock Band: Official Thread

Originally Posted by GoVegan
Could a mod please change the name of this thread to "High Fructose Corn Syrup-Guzzling Cheapskate Chat"?

I didn't actually drink the Pepsi. Does that matter?
Old 06-27-09, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by GoVegan
Could a mod please change the name of this thread to "High Fructose Corn Syrup-Guzzling Cheapskate Chat"?

Diet Pepsi is awesome .

Although since I'm in Canada I can't compete at all, lousy Pepsi Canada.
Old 06-30-09, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
Well, the caps are finally available in my area!! Now, are the 6-packs gonna have them too, or only the single bottles? I'm not sure I can see paying $1.50 for a bottle to get a $2.00 song when 6 bottles would cost me $9.00, and a 6-pack is on sale for $2.75, plus I already have 201 DLC anyhow...hmmm.
In my opinion the promotion only works if you're normally drinking soda anyway. All I'm doing is settling for Pepsi during the promotion, but I would still be drinking soda regardless, so it's a bonus for me. It would not be remotely worth it for me if I was doing it just for the caps.
Old 06-30-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the Pepsi is worth $0.50 to you, then the only question is if the song is worth the "extra" $0.75.
Old 06-30-09, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

At a Hy-Vee (local grocery store) near me, I found 1-Liter bottles of Diet Pepsi for $0.99 each, with the Rock Band caps.

I thought I'd read somewhere that the 1-Liter caps were worth more points, but that wasn't the case for me.
Old 06-30-09, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mikael79
At a Hy-Vee (local grocery store) near me, I found 1-Liter bottles of Diet Pepsi for $0.99 each, with the Rock Band caps.

I thought I'd read somewhere that the 1-Liter caps were worth more points, but that wasn't the case for me.
Nah, it was confirmed earlier in this thread that they're also one point. Sucks but it's still the best price.
Old 07-02-09, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So since most people have tomorrow (friday) off, do we think we will get next weeks DLC announcement today?

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized that this weeks DLC is Green Day stuff thats already announced

Also, 10 for 10 on Pepsi bottle caps

Last edited by REL77; 07-02-09 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-02-09, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by REL77
So since most people have tomorrow (friday) off, do we think we will get next weeks DLC announcement today?

EDIT: Nevermind, just realized that this weeks DLC is Green Day stuff thats already announced

Also, 10 for 10 on Pepsi bottle caps
Well, there are only 3 announced Green Day tracks for 7/7, so I think we'll get an announcement today or tomorrow with some additional tracks.
Old 07-02-09, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Pepsi tastes like disaster, so I'm not going to spend money on them. But there hasn't been any exciting DLC since "Wolf Like Me"...
Old 07-02-09, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It really sucks that I average a bottle of Pepsi/Mountain Dew a day and yet there's no Rock Band caps in this town.
Old 07-02-09, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
It really sucks that I average a bottle of Pepsi/Mountain Dew a day and yet there's no Rock Band caps in this town.
They have started to pop up in Sanford/Lake Mary. The only place I've found them on Pepsi 20oz was Target in Lake Mary. Seen them on Pepsi Max, Diet Pepsi, etc. in numerous gas stations around here.

I've put in two calls to PepsiCo about this, so we'll see if that helps. If they're not widespread by Monday, I'll put in another call to talk to a supervisor or something. I've checked probably 50+ places around here in the past couple weeks and they're still not widespread. With us being in a relatively large city, you think they'd be everywhere. Maybe I can get some free Pepsi out of them if I complain enough.

Oh, and I'm 6/3 for songs so far. 3/3 on bought product, and 3/3 on codes given to me out of pity by people out of state.
Old 07-02-09, 01:09 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cool down for some Green Day. I'm 10/10 this is a great contest, and the Pepsi doesn't taste bad either on a hot summer day.
Old 07-02-09, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like they added a bunch of new tracks to the Pepsi Rock Band thing. Just glancing through it, I see some Bonnaroo stuff, Evanescence, Iron Maiden, and a bunch of other new stuff.
Old 07-02-09, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Looks like they added a bunch of new tracks to the Pepsi Rock Band thing. Just glancing through it, I see some Bonnaroo stuff, Evanescence, Iron Maiden, and a bunch of other new stuff.
No shit!? Now I wish I wouldn't have settled. You know...like I won't drink more soda.
Old 07-02-09, 03:26 PM

Dammit! I'm not buying any tracks until after this Pepsi thing is over since they just added 3 songs I paid for about a week ago.

Good to know that they updated it and that they most likely will continue to update it.
Old 07-02-09, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by glasschicken
Dammit! I'm not buying any tracks until after this Pepsi thing is over since they just added 3 songs I paid for about a week ago.
This too. I was just about to edit my post to include this. Guess I'll have to try and chill out on getting things right away for the next few months. Just in case.
Old 07-02-09, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice. Time to buy more Pepsi. Will free DLC make up for all the additional dental work I'll need after this summer?
Old 07-02-09, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While I'll be getting songs from Pepsi as often as I can, there's no way I'm gonna wait for them to add next week's stuff, or the week after, or the week after. Before the update, there were about 140ish songs on the list that I didn't have.

Anyways, I'm mad baller with points.
Old 07-02-09, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

8 of these 32 new ones were on my wishlist

Definitely will not buy anything from the marketplace until this thing is settled. Even Green Day, I'm afraid

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Nice. Time to buy more Pepsi. Will free DLC make up for all the additional dental work I'll need after this summer?
Benefit of working from home that I can brush my teeth as often as I want. Now my future on-set of diabeetus is another story...

Last edited by pinata242; 07-02-09 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-02-09, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 916 Likes on 650 Posts

Awesome. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on Maiden since it wasn't part of the promo.
Old 07-03-09, 02:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing the spreadsheet, Pinata.

Also, thanks for the heads-up about Thorntons 2 for $2.22 sale on Pepsi, Corvin.

Last edited by Imprint; 07-03-09 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-03-09, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Over the past week or so I've been to several Wal-Marts, Targets, Food Lions, and Ukrop's (local supermarket chain), and I have yet to see any yellow-capped Pepsi bottles. The vending machine at work doesn't have them stocked, either. Anyone else in the Richmond area have any luck finding them?

It would've been nice to have them available here because Ukrop's has 2 liters on sale for $.50 this weekend.
Old 07-04-09, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Went to a Dollar Store here in Rehoboth beach, DE since i am here for the weekend, and low and behold they have Yellow tops Pepsi bottles for $1 Tax Free but with a $0.05 bottle deposit... I am gonna get a couple for $1 each
Old 07-04-09, 11:39 AM

Browsing the RB store, I thought the Richard Thompson song had a really good sound, even though I'd never really heard it before. So I bought it, and it now gets regular plays. I really love the long guitar solo in it. People here were talking about the Blue Sky solo a little while back, and I ended up picking up both tracks on the same day. I played The Way That it Shows first and Blue Sky second, and the Blue Sky solo ended up being a bit of a dissapointment compared to The Way That it Shows.

As for cheap Pepsi, I stopped at a Tetco yesterday and they were selling 20oz bottles for $0.99. Picked up two...and won twice. They only had Diet Pepsi w/ the caps, though. No idea how widespread Tetco is, either (I live near Dallas).
Old 07-04-09, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJLinus
Over the past week or so I've been to several Wal-Marts, Targets, Food Lions, and Ukrop's (local supermarket chain), and I have yet to see any yellow-capped Pepsi bottles. The vending machine at work doesn't have them stocked, either. Anyone else in the Richmond area have any luck finding them?
The Walmart on Midlothian Turnpike has the 20oz bottles with the RB caps in their checkout line fridges....
I also got a couple from the Walgreens at the corner of Hull Street and Genito...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.