Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Pepsi caps/Rock Band thread!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official Pepsi caps/Rock Band thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-09, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rock Band: Official Thread

Anybody won any tracks from the Pepsi promotion? I put in my first code today and won one right off the bat. Odd system of generating a download code based on the track you want, as you have to select it, but I guess that gets around them just giving you generic points like that contest last year.
Old 06-18-09, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superfro
Anybody won any tracks from the Pepsi promotion? I put in my first code today and won one right off the bat. Odd system of generating a download code based on the track you want, as you have to select it, but I guess that gets around them just giving you generic points like that contest last year.
I haven't found any bottles with the caps around here yet. As soon as I do though, it's on! I'll switch from cans to bottles for the summer, in order to maximize the number of free songs I can get. Odds seem pretty good at this point in the game, using CAG and SH as a barometer.
Old 06-18-09, 01:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It isn't the entire DLC catalog? Is the list posted somewhere? Wait, I should "Let me google that for you" for myself first.

EDIT: Found it!

http://pepsi.yahoo.com/rockband/play/prizes/tracks/

Last edited by Imprint; 06-18-09 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-18-09, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's weird. I guess it's just the Wii that gets straight-up points? I saw a video on GoNintendo a week or so ago showing the process from cap->song. They were given a 200 point credit.

I cannot bring myself to drink bottles for this. I routinely get 12 packs of cans for $2 with grocery promotions. Couple that with QT's $0.49 quarts and Sonic's Happy Hour, I can't justify $1+ on 20oz of pepsi with only a chance to win.

Now if they were guaranteed (or even every other), I would do it, no question.

This is the video of which I was speaking (really long winded and overly cautious )

Last edited by pinata242; 06-18-09 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-18-09, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I almost bought a bottle of Pepsi the other day for the RB cap, but when a 12 pack is only $2 (give or take) more, I just can't justify it.

[wishful dreaming] For tomorrows announcement I'm thinking a Dream Theater 3-pack is in order, with their new album due out next Tuesday it would make sense. Maybe one track from the new album and two older cuts. [/wishful dreaming]

Of course that would be metal on top of the Warped Tour metal, so
Old 06-19-09, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I get free 20 oz bottles from the hospital. So these are what, codes in specially labled Pepsi sodas or are they on another one of their lines? I envision myself wasting bottle after bottle of Mountain Dew just to get some codes like I did trying in vain to win a launch 360 in 2006 -- I was a real-life Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Old 06-19-09, 03:58 PM

I'm going straight to hell. So far today I've poured five bottles of free Pepsi down the drain just to cash in the codes for free DLC. There's something seriously wrong with me. Still, it's nice that every code is a winner, it seems.

Last edited by Decker; 06-19-09 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-19-09, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
I'm goping straight to hell. So far today I've poured five bottles of free Pepsi down the drain just to cash in the codes for free DLC. There's something seriously wrong with me.
Old 06-19-09, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm going straight to hell. So far today I've poured five bottles of free Pepsi down the drain just to cash in the codes for free DLC. There's something seriously wrong with me. Still, it's nice that every code is a winner, it seems.
Just curious, how much does each bottle cost? I'd be tempted to do the same thing, if the price is right and every code is indeed a winner. I don't really drink soda at all (especially Pepsi), so I'd only be interested in buying it if there was a savings in costs per song.
Old 06-19-09, 05:07 PM

I'm using the Mountain Dew 360 give away as a model. You'll see that everyone waits until the promo is almost up to redeem their contest credits. If you go early, you have the best shot it seems.

I'm up to 7 for 7 now. I'm filling up the hospital's drains with Pepsi and my hard drive with DLC.
Old 06-19-09, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm filling up the hospital's drains with Pepsi and my hard drive with DLC.
Old 06-19-09, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

is it even worth is to spend $5-$6 on like 4 bottles of Pepsi, then throw it out and redeem the cap? You should at least drink it The $2 price difference isn't worth that to me.
Old 06-19-09, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wish this Pepsi promo was in Canada, sounds like you guys are getting a sweet deal!
Old 06-20-09, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
The only problem I'm having is picking what I want. I have to cross-reference my wishlist, prioritize singles over packs, unless it's just one from a pack, decide if there's a chance that song will end up on a future track pack disc (90s, alternative, punk, what-have-you).
I'm hopefully going to be picking up the rest of the DLC sometime next month. With these caps, I'll have to make sure that everything I buy is a single, so that I can get the pack discount on other stuff.

Also, the newest songs they have on there are Alice Cooper (5/19). I wonder if they'll add more before the 9/30 deadline...
Pepsi's twitter said they are not adding any additional songs, so what's there now is what's going to be there the whole time. It's a pretty large selection, so it only sucks if you've got most/all of the DLC already.

Last edited by Shagrath; 06-20-09 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-20-09, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shagrath
My quest for finding bottle caps continues..

I've tried:

7-11 x 2
Winn-Dixie
Target
Wal-Mart
Publix
Sunoco

None of these have the Rock Band caps yet. They're evidenced by a different color cap, right? All I've seen are the standard blue cap, and there's nothing on those indicating any kind of promotion that I can see.
In Texas these just hit in the last week or two. In some place only Diet Pepsi had them for awhile, but now I'm seeing the yellow Rock Band caps on most pepsi products.

I did a good job today of talking some people out of their caps and to this point I'm 11 for 11 on the track contest. So far it seems instant win, but maybe that will change when more people start playing.
Old 06-20-09, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does this Pepsi promotion work for the PS3?
Old 06-20-09, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mordred
Does this Pepsi promotion work for the PS3?
Of course: http://pepsi.yahoo.com/rockband/play/prizes/tracks/
Old 06-21-09, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Despite my better judgement, I bought a Pepsi earlier. Won. Yea! I bet that people are trying to win the bigger prizes which is why so many people here are getting the tracks so easily.
Old 06-21-09, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't really drink the stuff but my Mom drinks Diet Pepsi like water, so she should be sending me a ton of caps in the near-ish future. Hopefully the free tracks haven't run out by then.
Old 06-21-09, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I copied all 312 Pepsi Rock Band tracks over here to make it easier: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...WJGjHjZA1CLvhQ

I'm thinking of adding Pack information and price, if anyone thinks that would help. Otherwise, just use it as you want. Save/copy it locally to make your own notes if you want.
Old 06-22-09, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sean just tweeter that the 360 and PS3 are getting a secret release tomorrow. Going to the 6/23 announcement thread shows the 3 exclusive Pearl Jam songs
Damn, I want something I don't already have.

Oh well, Pepsi update: Won 5 tracks and 3 BOGO caps. 0 losers so far. Going through my wish list is making me realize I don't really want a lot of these songs, especially after re-watching YouTube vids.
Old 06-22-09, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hmm I don't really drink soda either but now I'm getting visions of yellow pepsi caps in my head....there is something wrong with me.
Old 06-22-09, 08:44 PM

I copied all 312 Pepsi Rock Band tracks over here to make it easier: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...WJGjHjZA1CLvhQ

I'm thinking of adding Pack information and price, if anyone thinks that would help. Otherwise, just use it as you want. Save/copy it locally to make your own notes if you want.
Could you please note which of those tracks are covers? I think it's lousy that they don't indicate that you're getting a cover on those tracks (though since I'm up to 15 free tracks now, I guess I can live with it).
Old 06-23-09, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I went to the grocery store today and there were no Yellow caps on any of the Pepsi products. Guess it hasn't come to Austin yet.
Old 06-23-09, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mordred
Well I went to the grocery store today and there were no Yellow caps on any of the Pepsi products. Guess it hasn't come to Austin yet.
Try gas stations. That's where I've been finding mine.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.