Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

XBLA Thread Part 400 - Pinata's got a brown nose

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-10, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Re: XBLA Thread Part 400 - Pinata's got a brown nose

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I know, the game, esp once you get back underground again even has the same sounds...it is weird...about 5 minutes in you think you are in Limbo again...
So the question becomes : If you can reasonably emulate Limbo in a free Flash game, does the criticism that Limbo could be a free Flash game or plays like a Flash game have some degree of merit? I'm not saying that I agree with that opinion, but it seems like a fair question.

I'm more curious to hear the defense of the current price point. I'd like to hear the explanation, because in my book if PB Winterbottom can have a totally original, beautiful art style and hours of brain-teasing puzzles and still cost 800 points, why can't Limbo as well? What does Limbo bring to the table to justify the higher price point?

On CAG, I kept hearing the statement "I got $15 worth of enjoyment out of it". I get that point and I certainly wouldn't begrudge someone from spending 1200 points on it. But that doesn't mean it's priced fairly. I would have certainly gotten $15 enjoyment out of Splosion Man or Peggle, but that doesn't mean they were priced too low, does it?

I'd still maintain that as a three hour game with almost no replayability it's probably too expensive, but 360voice shows that over 4000 members bought it day one, so it's a tremendous success despite the price (the second biggest XBLA game of the year, after Perfect Dark). That's probably the best argument in favor of the current price point.

Last edited by Decker; 07-25-10 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-25-10, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I've got a free Toy Story 3 ticket + 150 Disney Rewards points that I'll trade for a PQ2 code, if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer. Looking more for XBLA game codes or points at the moment. and if anyone else has an offer, feel free to PM me.
Old 07-26-10, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Anyone here have some XBLA game codes or point codes they're willing to trade for? (I've got Puzzle Quest 2, Toy Soldiers' DLC, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Character and Sim Mission Pack, South Park LGPTD Bonus Levels).

Not looking to sell at the moment, but if I do Decker has first dibs on MUA2 DLC.
Hrmm, I'd sure like PQ2, but the only thing I got is a Ms. Pac Man code, hardly good enough barter . I have some older sealed 360 games I'm trying to get rid of too (COD2, Outfit, stuff like that). Hrmmm, oh well.
Old 07-26-10, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Hrmm, I'd sure like PQ2, but the only thing I got is a Ms. Pac Man code, hardly good enough barter .
I'll trade a Toy Story 3 movie ticket code for your Ms Pac-Man code, if you're interested.
Old 07-26-10, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Nerds, take this discussion to the new thread.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...bucks-fun.html