Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mattysemo247
Print Wikipost

The Video Game Deals Thread

Old 06-11-19, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Sweet deal! I was going to skip the PC version given the added cost but this is a no-brainer.
Old 06-11-19, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Too Human for Xbox 360 (XB1 BC) is free to download right now:
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/P...5-d8024d5307de
Old 06-12-19, 11:53 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

From the dedicated thread, but re-posting just in case people need the reinforcement of how easy this is:

Thanks fujishig! Here are the last 5 minutes of my life:

Read this thread. Opened new browser tab and checked Xbox account. I had live for 23 more months, until May 2021. Opened new tab and searched for cheapest year code. Bought a year from cdkeys for $50. It was emailed instantly. Added the year. Turned on recurrent billing to get a free month, so good to June 2022. Clicked your link. Paid the $1. Now have ultimate until June 2022. Turned off recurrent billing.
Old 06-12-19, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not sure if it's been posted but I went to purchase Mana Collection on Switch last night and saw that NBA 2K19 was only $2.99.
Old 06-12-19, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Not sure if it's been posted but I went to purchase Mana Collection on Switch last night and saw that NBA 2K19 was only $2.99.
Yeah, they kept the same price across all three platforms (it's 2.99 on all three). Just note that it is by far the worst version of 2k19; it's impressive that they didn't compromise on features but it's night and day going from one platform to another. It takes a ton of space (which is a premium on the switch) and myplayer mandates that you be always online if you're playing with VC... sleep mode will instantly kill whatever game you're playing. But still, portable 2k19 for 3 bucks? I bought it for 30 and got my money's worth.
Old 06-12-19, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Yeah, they kept the same price across all three platforms (it's 2.99 on all three). Just note that it is by far the worst version of 2k19; it's impressive that they didn't compromise on features but it's night and day going from one platform to another. It takes a ton of space (which is a premium on the switch) and myplayer mandates that you be always online if you're playing with VC... sleep mode will instantly kill whatever game you're playing. But still, portable 2k19 for 3 bucks? I bought it for 30 and got my money's worth.
I bought it as well because why not for $3. Won't ever play online so that's no issue. If anything, I just use it for a quick game or two when I don't have time to dedicate to a RPG. Figure if I play at least 10 or so games, I'll have gotten my money's worth.
Old 06-15-19, 01:58 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Gog.com summer sale wrapping up soon, with the second freebie, Toonstruck, ending tonight.
Old 06-15-19, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Gog.com summer sale wrapping up soon, with the second freebie, Toonstruck, ending tonight.
That's really cool ... one of my friends actually worked on some of the weirder artwork for Toonstruck, so I'm going to definitely going to download and check it out!

FYI if you try it out, Ctrl+F5 to save ... had to search google for that

Last edited by joeblow69; 06-15-19 at 02:31 PM.