Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mattysemo247
Print Wikipost

The Video Game Deals Thread

Old 06-10-15, 07:15 PM
  #6976  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,043
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Thanks for the heads up...don't see hardly any PSN deals, just the XBL a lot.
n/p, good timing as I am almost near expiration
MLB 15 The Show for PS4 will also be $39.99 .... $31.99 w/GCU
musick is offline  
Old 06-10-15, 07:18 PM
  #6977  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,961
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Somewhat video game related, Mortal Kombat Conquest: The Complete Series (that awesome 90's MK show) dropped from $25 to $10 on Amazon. Can't wait to revisit that after all these years.
mattysemo247 is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 10:01 AM
  #6978  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Marina Del Rey, California
Posts: 9,628
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Somewhat video game related, Mortal Kombat Conquest: The Complete Series (that awesome 90's MK show) dropped from $25 to $10 on Amazon. Can't wait to revisit that after all these years.
Thanks for the heads up! Young Kristanna Loken with red hair = winning.
starseed1981 is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 01:17 PM
  #6979  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,671
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

added

Disney Infinity 3.0
FIFA 16
NBA 2K16

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Pr...2GGsT3Fv4h0n9g

My Best Buy™ member $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase. Eligible titles are available for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and PC.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Batman: Arkham Knight
Battleborn
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
Forza Motorsport 6
Guitar Hero Live
Halo 5 Guardians
Mad Max
Madden NFL 16
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Rainbow Six Siege
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Star Wars Battlefront
Tom Clancy's The Division
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 01:38 PM
  #6980  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 34,063
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Steam sale is on.
Trevor is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 02:03 PM
  #6981  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Drexl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 15,970
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

It's lame how GTAV isn't any cheaper because you have to buy the cash card with it. It's technically discounted, but from the $80 the bundle would cost to the regular price of $60.

But if you want to bite, you might as well get one of the packages that includes Max Payne 3 or San Andreas, as they are also $60 (but have a heavier discount that makes the added game "free").
Drexl is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 02:15 PM
  #6982  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 13,194
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Somewhat video game related, Mortal Kombat Conquest: The Complete Series (that awesome 90's MK show) dropped from $25 to $10 on Amazon. Can't wait to revisit that after all these years.
Thanks for the post. My kid has gone MK crazy lately and so I ordered this for him. Reading the reviews it seems right up his alley.
Spiderbite is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 02:22 PM
  #6983  
DVD Talk Legend
 
chuckd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,699
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
It's lame how GTAV isn't any cheaper because you have to buy the cash card with it. It's technically discounted, but from the $80 the bundle would cost to the regular price of $60.

But if you want to bite, you might as well get one of the packages that includes Max Payne 3 or San Andreas, as they are also $60 (but have a heavier discount that makes the added game "free").
Was GTAV supposed to be on sale during this? Like a guarantee? I don't understand why the internet is losing its collective shit over the price of this bundle. The sale is you get a free in-game cash card. That's the sale. Retailers do it all the time.
chuckd21 is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 03:13 PM
  #6984  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,150
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Thoughts on the steam sale so far:


Meh - Black Mesa $16.99 - too high for a game that is a mod and it's not even complete! I appreciate the effort but this game has been in development for like a decade now.


Incredible - Might and Magic Franchise collection $34.99 Tremendous amount of content if you've never played any of these games. Probably at least a thousand hours of content. One of my all time favorite series.
dvdjunkie32 is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 03:39 PM
  #6985  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 41,795
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Thanks for the heads-up. Picked up M&M VI Complete for $7.49.
Decker is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 04:32 PM
  #6986  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,172
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by chuckd21 View Post
Was GTAV supposed to be on sale during this? Like a guarantee? I don't understand why the internet is losing its collective shit over the price of this bundle. The sale is you get a free in-game cash card. That's the sale. Retailers do it all the time.
I don't know if it's the bundle so much anymore as it is they upped the regular price of stand alone GTAV to like $80, then applied the "sale" to bring it back down to $60.

That's kind of slimy.
lopper is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 04:44 PM
  #6987  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Land of the Lobstrosities
Posts: 10,300
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Not overly impressed with the deals today, but I picked up the X-COM pack for $9.99. Enemy Unknown was really cheap a couple of weeks ago, but I really wanted to wait for Enemy Within so I could eventually try out the Long War mod.
wmansir is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 05:01 PM
  #6988  
DVD Talk Legend
 
chuckd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,699
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
I don't know if it's the bundle so much anymore as it is they upped the regular price of stand alone GTAV to like $80, then applied the "sale" to bring it back down to $60.

That's kind of slimy.
That's not what they did at all. You can buy GTAV by itself for $60. Or this bundle for $60.

chuckd21 is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 05:24 PM
  #6989  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,172
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by chuckd21 View Post
That's not what they did at all. You can buy GTAV by itself for $60. Or this bundle for $60.
You're right. I misunderstood what they were doing.

EDIT: Well, it looks like they were up to shenanigans after all, at least for a while...

http://i.imgur.com/N9Pbrlf.png

Last edited by lopper; 06-11-15 at 05:56 PM.
lopper is offline  
Old 06-11-15, 05:25 PM
  #6990  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Santa Clara, California
Posts: 10,158
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Wolfenstein: The New Order's regular price was $44.99 yesterday. Today, the regular price is $59.99 with a 50% discount. Sure, the price is lower than it was yesterday because of the sale, but it's still shady as shit.

Edit: looks like the bundle of The New Order + The Old Blood is $44.99, and The New Order standalone is $59.99. Only the standalone game is on sale. That might be why it looks the way it does. I have this game on my wish list and yesterday the regular price did say $44.99, but maybe it was showing the bundle price.

Last edited by shizawn; 06-11-15 at 06:19 PM.
shizawn is offline  
Old 06-12-15, 12:48 PM
  #6991  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Land of the Lobstrosities
Posts: 10,300
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Has anyone actually played the Steam Summer game? I've tried half a dozen attempts at several different times the last couple of days and never gotten in.
wmansir is offline  
Old 06-12-15, 01:23 PM
  #6992  
DVD Talk Legend
 
chuckd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,699
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

That's the game.
chuckd21 is offline  
Old 06-12-15, 01:28 PM
  #6993  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 40,682
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by shizawn View Post
Wolfenstein: The New Order's regular price was $44.99 yesterday. Today, the regular price is $59.99 with a 50% discount. Sure, the price is lower than it was yesterday because of the sale, but it's still shady as shit.

Edit: looks like the bundle of The New Order + The Old Blood is $44.99, and The New Order standalone is $59.99. Only the standalone game is on sale. That might be why it looks the way it does. I have this game on my wish list and yesterday the regular price did say $44.99, but maybe it was showing the bundle price.
Was $44.99 showing as 25% off, or regular price?
davidh777 is offline  
Old 06-12-15, 01:41 PM
  #6994  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Santa Clara, California
Posts: 10,158
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Was $44.99 showing as 25% off, or regular price?
Regular price. For some odd reason, the bundle was priced less than the standalone game. At that point I don't know why they'd even allow purchasing of the standalone.

Anyway, it's moot now, since the bundle was removed this morning (probably due to all the confusion).

The New Order is now 75% off, or $14.99, and The Old Blood is 50% off or $9.99, at least for the next two days.
shizawn is offline  
Old 06-12-15, 03:19 PM
  #6995  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,302
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

FYI, the Consumerist website called out Steam on pricing shenanigans: http://consumerist.com/2015/06/12/st...use-consumers/
Deftones is offline  
Old 06-15-15, 01:55 PM
  #6996  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DeanoBKN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,202
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Amazon has Halo: The Master Chief Collection for $27.21 shipped (!).
Target Cartwheel has a 35% off coupon for the game that expires on 6/20. I just picked this up for $17.61 after price matching and stacking the coupon. I suppose this would be YMMV but my cashier had no problem honoring it.
DeanoBKN is offline  
Old 06-15-15, 06:36 PM
  #6997  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 29,088
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Why isn't the new Xbone Elite controller in here?

nickdawgy is offline  
Old 06-16-15, 09:48 AM
  #6998  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 40,682
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Dragon Age Inquisition is $30 in the Amazon Gold Box for those who don't have EA Access or those who don't want to wait for it to get there.
davidh777 is offline  
Old 06-16-15, 09:54 AM
  #6999  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Maxflier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,624
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas View Post
Target Cartwheel has a 35% off coupon for the game that expires on 6/20. I just picked this up for $17.61 after price matching and stacking the coupon. I suppose this would be YMMV but my cashier had no problem honoring it.
Is Target pricematching like Best Buy where the cashier has to wait for a manager to come approve it?
Maxflier is offline  
Old 06-16-15, 10:02 AM
  #7000  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,961
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Every time I had to price match something, I was always sent to the service desk. I think they purposely do that so the cashiers aren't tricked into doing something they shouldn't, just to keep the lines moving.
mattysemo247 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.