Print Wikipost

The Video Game Deals Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-12, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by Decker
You all are very optimistic. I seem to recall some of those Black Friday Lightning deals selling out instantly last year.
Well I plan to give it a shot...I sure the hell ain't stepping foot inside a Walmart, I'm too young to die
Old 11-16-12, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, the lightning deals go fast. Amazon should have set it up so all the good deals started BEFORE the retail stores open. I am not willing to sit at home and hope that I can get everything from amazon. I'll have to head out to walmart. At least they posted all the prices.
Old 11-17-12, 01:27 AM

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,139 Posts

Hmm, I don't see Borderlands 2 or Dead Island on that Amazon list so it looks like I'm going out on Black Friday for the first time in a long time.
Old 11-17-12, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You all are very optimistic. I seem to recall some of those Black Friday Lightning deals selling out instantly last year.
Pretty much. I don't get why everyone wants an amazon price match on bf. You are much more likely to get the games at Walmart at 8 on Thurs.
Old 11-17-12, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Krayzie
Yeah, the lightning deals go fast. Amazon should have set it up so all the good deals started BEFORE the retail stores open. I am not willing to sit at home and hope that I can get everything from amazon. I'll have to head out to walmart. At least they posted all the prices.
Yeah - the Amazon route was miserable last year. I remember realizing what a wasted day it was, clicking on deals and being put on wait lists and ending up with very little.

Last edited by redcat; 11-17-12 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-17-12, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

Right. And I'm going to be sitting with my laptop and finger ready to click the mouse the second the sale goes live.
Old 11-17-12, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So are hundreds of thousands of other people, trying for the same few copies that Amazon allocates for the sale.
Old 11-17-12, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by orangecrush
Pretty much. I don't get why everyone wants an amazon price match on bf. You are much more likely to get the games at Walmart at 8 on Thurs.
I rather not lose a limb or have a panic attack or have my wife have a panic attack OR have my wife go to jail because she punched somebody. Seriously (well except for the parts involving my wife because she actually is prone to panic attacks and I really don't like crowds). I rather go clicky-clicky...if I don't get it, then you know what I don't get it. Lego Batman 2 will be $15 by itself eventually without no craziness. Now WWE 13 might take a bit longer to go $25, but the same rule applies. Unless a game becomes suddenly rare or at least uncommon (which will not happen in the above cases), they all hit the ~$20 mark.

And besides, Walmart really really sucks. I will always stick by that statement.
Old 11-17-12, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Originally Posted by redcat
Yeah - the Amazon route was miserable last year. I remember realizing what a wasted day it was, clicking on deals and being putting on wait lists and ending up with very little.
Oh yeah, the wait lists. Those were absolutely fucking miserable. Maybe if I had no life whatsoever (or worked at my computer station all day) I could be glued to my monitor to see if that pop-up window appears and I can get my deal, but since I am actually working on Friday, there's almost no chance of getting anything I add to the wait list.

I'm hoping as a Silver Premiere member, I can grab some stuff from Best Buy on Monday morning.
Old 11-17-12, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Epic Mickey 2 for $25 is solid for a game that comes out next week. Are the thumbnails just placeholders or are the deals specific to the platform icon they're using?

I wish they'd match the Forza deal. Thinking about Max Payne. A guy at work has been raving about it.
They've updated the page to show the platform. The listed platform matches the thumbnail for most of them. There are a *few* that are platform specific at one time but multi-platform at others.
Old 11-17-12, 12:05 PM

I wonder if Targets BF deals are going to be online like they were last year. I'd rather order and know I get it, as opposed to hoping I manage to grab instore.

I am really nervous about these staggered start times this year for doorbusters and the same people could end up getting many of the deals, instead of picking which deal is most important and going for it.
Old 11-17-12, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't think I even bought a game on Amazon's BF last year, the only thing I recall getting was the Lost Complete Series Blu-Ray
Old 11-17-12, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
They've updated the page to show the platform. The listed platform matches the thumbnail for most of them. There are a *few* that are platform specific at one time but multi-platform at others.
Cool but bummer on not including the WiiU Epic Mickey 2.
Old 11-17-12, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
Fuck yes, Amazon is matching ALL the games I wanted from Walmart. Just saved me a trip! Now if only they match BB's $35 Assassin's Creed III I'll be set on games.
If they match the rumored PS Vita Assassin's Creed Bundle for $199 that Gamestop I've read will be doing I'll be very happy.

Then again, if they match the Call of Duty Bundles for the same price I'll be just as happy but I really want AC instead. And yes I want them to match on AC III too.

And Amazon's actually going to have Amazing Spider-Man at a lower price then Best Buy's deal so I'll do my best to get that too.
Old 11-17-12, 06:20 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I might grab Lego HP Years 5-7, the Sly Cooper Collection, and Mortal Kombat for the Vita.

Those $150 headphones are pretty hilarious.
Old 11-17-12, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I'll be at work at 8PM on Thursday. So that's out for me.

But beyond that, I went to BF at WalMart in 2010 to pick up Red Dead Redemption. It was a madhouse, and while the store was already open, they had everything wrapped up so you didn't exactly know which stuff was which. I lucked out and picked the correct box. But in the process everyone was pushing and shoving, my sweatshirt got ripped, and I only ended up with a copy of what I came for due to the fact that I happened to be on the correct side of the box when they opened them up.

If you really think you have a better shot of getting what you want from WalMart, you've never been to WalMart on BF. It is literally a War Zone. And with the opening moved up even earlier, the crowds are just going to be worse.
Old 11-17-12, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tiger Woods 13 (360) was down to $19 at Target today. The one in the clearance rack was the Masters edition with 20 more courses. The regular edition is still on the shelf for $40.
Old 11-17-12, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Tiger Woods 13 (360) was down to $19 at Target today. The one in the clearance rack was the Masters edition with 20 more courses. The regular edition is still on the shelf for $40.
Yeah, I saw that at a Target I went yesterday as well, almost picked it up. I was more hoping for MGS HD which was still in the regular area at $29.99....*sigh* Oh well. I keep thinking I should have got it scanned.
Old 11-17-12, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Yeah, I saw that at a Target I went yesterday as well, almost picked it up. I was more hoping for MGS HD which was still in the regular area at $29.99....*sigh* Oh well. I keep thinking I should have got it scanned.
The PS3 version of MGS HD is $20 after rewardzone "coupon" at Best Buy. I don't know if it's a gamer unlocked thing but login to rewardzone and click on offers. You basically just activate the offer and when they scan your game and your rewardzone card, it'll take $10 off.
Old 11-17-12, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...eals-list-2012
Old 11-17-12, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I guess there's no chance of a BLOPS2 deal next weekend is there? We'd have already seen it.
Old 11-17-12, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't remember the last time a COD game was on sale on BF.
Old 11-17-12, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah. I seem to recall a couple of them hitting a $35 sale maybe once prior to Christmas but never on BF.

I dumped my LE for $140 so now I need to pick up a regular copy.
Old 11-18-12, 10:38 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I guess there's no chance of a BLOPS2 deal next weekend is there? We'd have already seen it.
what is BLOPS2?
Old 11-18-12, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Black Ops 2?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.