Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Old 10-27-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

This is the first I've even heard of this game, but I'm already sold by everything in this blog entry: http://kotaku.com/5069218/neil-patri...rnett-eat-lead

And the PR
CAMBRIDGE– October 27, 2008 – D3Publisher (D3P) today announced that award-winning Hollywood actors Will Arnett, best known to audiences for his roles on television’s “30 Rock” and “Arrested Development,” and Neil Patrick Harris, currently appearing on television’s “How I Met Your Mother,” will voice the main characters in Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard™. This original third-person shooter with a sense of humour is anticipated for release in Q1 2009 for PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®.

In Eat Lead, Will Arnett will bring to life classic 80’s videogame action hero Matt Hazard. Matt gets his chance to prove once and for all that he is the king of shooters when Wallace “Wally” Wellesley, new owner of mega game publisher Marathon Megasoft, voiced by Neil Patrick Harris, gives Matt his comeback role starring in a new next-gen title that pits him against all of his memorable foes from videogames past. In the world of Eat Lead, however, everything stops being a game and becomes reality when players discover through the original storyline brought to life by Arnett’s and Harris’ voiceover that someone is using the new game to bring about Matt’s death once and for all.

“Eat Lead parodies some of the most beloved genres of games and pop culture, so it was important that we find the perfect voice talent to bring both Matt Hazard and Wallace Wellesley to life,” said Pete Andrew, vice president of product development, North America, D3P. “Both Will and Neil are life long videogamers and their experiences playing games combined with their comedic genius and superb voice talent will make Eat Lead a must-have title for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION®3 system.”
Old 10-27-08, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So I did some more looking into this and I'm liking what I find.

Official site: http://www.eatleadvideogame.com/

Fan site: http://www.doyouremembermatthazard.com/

Old 01-27-09, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Shacknews has a few new videos with gameplay: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56947

This first one shows some classic Wolf 3-D action and scenery and the second one is a fantastic take on typical JRPG bosses and had me

I couldn't figure out what game specifically they were aping in the 3rd, so I'm just going to say Bioshock for lack of other experience.

The gameplay may be cheesy and simple, but the idea looks perfect to me. I wonder if I'm still the only one around here that will keep an eye on this...
Old 01-27-09, 08:48 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Oh man, that JRPG scene got me I loved how you could see an icon as the boss was selecting what attacks he wanted to do. This game looks like it has a ton of charm though the gameplay looks "meh". Hopefully they tighten up some of the mechanics before its released.

Last edited by Dragon Fly; 01-27-09 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-27-09, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That JRPG scene was awesome. Loved the 'HP' coming from him when he was getting shot.

= J
Old 01-27-09, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought the third scene was a Bond knockoff.
Old 01-27-09, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this game looks quite clever.
Old 01-28-09, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
The fan site is brilliant.
Old 01-28-09, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This game looks great. A very original plot (as far as I know), and looks to be pretty humorous. I'll be picking this one up at some point.
Old 02-05-09, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Achievements are up: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Most still secret and probably to do with the story progression.

Some of them are just laughable. Start the game? Pause the game?
Old 02-05-09, 03:36 PM

60 points for watching the credits?
Old 02-05-09, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the JRPG video got me rollin' too...definitely gonna keep my eye on this one
Old 02-05-09, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The gameplay looks like crap but I LOVE this idea. A self aware video game. The Simpsons Game kinda had a bit of this last year, but this looks like they really nailed it.

Also, after seeing the list, this looks like a game that will get you an easy 1000 gamerscore points too.
Old 02-12-09, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

http://www.destructoid.com/d3publish...d-121485.phtml

I just received a box full of random crap. At first I thought someone must have sent the box to me by mistake and was really trying to send it to Niero for his crazy little contest. But it really was meant for me.

So what was in the box? A crudely done Photoshop of three little boys, a wristband, a dogs chew toy (Or it could be a retarded comb. I don't know, I've never had a pet), studded fingerless gloves and a letter from the founders of the Unofficial Matt Hazard Fan Club. The letter, which you can check out in the gallery, tells me that this box is a time capsule that highlights everything great about the Matt Hazard Fan Club.

The letter goes on to say that the Fan Club made a Matt Hazard game in their Apple IIE Basics class called Super Adventures of Matt in Hazard Land Extreme Alpha Advance. Near the end of the letter, there's a phone number telling me to call Michael, the Communications Director of the Fan Club, so he can tell me where to find this game. Calling the number took me to an answering machine where Michael's mom was telling callers to stop harassing her and go to MattHazardExtreme.com to find the game.

Going to the MattHazardExtreme Web site gives you Super Adventures of Matt in Hazard Land Extreme Alpha Advance, which was TOTALLY made in Apple IIE. It's a pretty simple side scrolling shooting game and the first boss is a flying cyborg unicorn creature ... RADICAL!

I have high hopes for Eat Lead. I saw the game last year and was impressed with the game story wise. The gameplay is what I'm worried about though. Hopefully the game turns out to be radical, dudes.
Nice. I have a feeling everything around this game is going to end up being better than the game itself.
Old 02-13-09, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, just wow
Old 02-18-09, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

http://www.destructoid.com/d3-announ...n-122061.phtml

D3Publisher is really hamming up the whole Matt Hazard thing. In just a few weeks, the publisher will ship Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game follows the exploits of a fictional "legendary" videogame character, its tongue firmly planted in its cheek as it pokes fun at staples of the games industry.

This publisher has now announced that a "classic" Matt Hazard title is rumored to be coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network later this summer. Yeah, seriously -- the publisher sent us a press release saying "Hey, did you hear these rumors?" Crazy bastards. They also passed along some artwork which makes the game look like a ridiculous Contra clone, with Hazard fighting weird yeti creatures, ninjas, and a robotic dinosaur.

Of course, all of this sounds completely f**king bonkers, and that's the point. It also sounds totally awesome, am I right? Want to know more? Check out our early preview of Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard.
Images, spoilered for size:

Spoiler:

Old 02-18-09, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's awesome.

I actually just spoke to the rep about the game an hour or so ago. Hopefully will be getting my copy next week!
Old 02-18-09, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions View Post
That's awesome.

I actually just spoke to the rep about the game an hour or so ago. Hopefully will be getting my copy next week!
Have I told you lately how much I hate you?
Old 02-18-09, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Have I told you lately how much I hate you?
No. But I think you hate me less than GatorDeb, Shagrath and Kij do though
Old 02-18-09, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No. But I think you hate me less than GatorDeb, Shagrath and Kij do though

Either way be sure to get on the review asap. I'm really curious about this one. Retro Game Challenge on the DS has got me in the mood for a tongue and cheek spoof/homage.
Old 02-18-09, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux View Post

Either way be sure to get on the review asap. I'm really curious about this one. Retro Game Challenge on the DS has got me in the mood for a tongue and cheek spoof/homage.
It's not for this site Whoever does the PR for here is a little behind the times lately, unfortunately.
Old 02-18-09, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's not for this site Whoever does the PR for here is a little behind the times lately, unfortunately.
That is kind of funny.

Either way, let me know when you wrap it up and i will give you some page views.
Old 02-18-09, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux View Post
That is kind of funny.

Either way, let me know when you wrap it up and i will give you some page views.
page views? This baby gets referenced on bestbuy.com so your measly two views mean nothing!!!!
Old 02-24-09, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Launch trailer. Get your copy yet, L&O?

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="267" id="viddler">
Old 02-24-09, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Launch trailer. Get your copy yet, L&O?
Friday or Monday. If i had a debug unit, I would have it

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.