Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band: Official Thread of Rock Band 2 Is Coming!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread of Rock Band 2 Is Coming!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-08, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
as was my post.
I took the insinuation that I'm losing sleep over Rock Band as more a personal jab, but maybe I'm just having a bad morning.

Back on topic, I was listening to Constant Motion yesterday and I think I am actually more excited to play this one than the upcoming Panic Attack in RB2.

Anything from the first half of Systematic Chaos would be awesome.
Old 08-12-08, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I took the insinuation that I'm losing sleep over Rock Band as more a personal jab, but maybe I'm just having a bad morning.
Sorry. No malicious intent behind it. Just a lame comment tossed out at random.
Old 08-12-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stand-alone instruments are being released at the same time as the game-only for 360. However, the bundle's a month later. If you were to buy everything seperately, you'd be paying around $250 (game at 60, drums at 90, guitar at 70, and whatever you can get a USB mic for), rather than the $200 for the bundle.

I only need the drums (with the cymbal add-on), as I'm pretty exclusive to the Les Paul, and am going to do a DIY wireless mic set-up before RB2 hits.
Old 08-12-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm pretty sure the GH:WT mic is wireless. You just have to wait about 5 weeks post RB2 release to get it.
Old 08-12-08, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think we also saw a 3rd party wireless mic (Logitech, Mad Catz?) that also integrated a controller into it. Seems convenient, but might be intrusive in the singing.
Old 08-12-08, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The GH:WT is wired, and pretty much exactly the same as the RB one. The 3rd party mic from Mad Catz with the buttons is also wired.

I'm going to buy a cheap wireless mic setup from Guitar Center and splice the wires from my original mic in, so it can be plugged in USB and send the signal from the wireless mic to the box and through the USB to the 360. I've seen writeups on other people's having done it, and they say it works out fairly well.
Old 08-12-08, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry. No malicious intent behind it. Just a lame comment tossed out at random.
No prob - I'm sure I was being hyper-sensitive at the time.
Old 08-12-08, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I tell you, if the RB1 songs (both DLC and disc-based) are made available as DLC for RB2 I'd switch to the 360 in a second.

I still prefer my PS3 for action games like GTA IV and COD4, but it has been nothing but aggravation for Guitar Hero and RB.
Old 08-12-08, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tell you, if the RB1 songs (both DLC and disc-based) are made available as DLC for RB2 I'd switch to the 360 in a second.
They are. all DLC will work in either game. The RB1 songs won't be available DLC, but they are allowing you to import the RB1 disc songs into RB2. You could probably borrow or rent an RB1 disc and then import them to RB2.
Old 08-12-08, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It has been stated numerous times that all DLC will be forwards and backwards compatible. "Most" of the RB1 disc songs will be able to be 'transferred' over for a small fee as well. The only songs that won't make it are the ones that they can't relicense. The only one I'm fairly certain of is Aerosmith, although Black Sabbath may not make it over either (due to his presence in GH:WT). However, the Black Sabbath DLC would be ported. It all depends on who's exclusive, and who doesn't want to put their songs up as DLC.
Old 08-12-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All the DLC vids have been updated in Post #2. Looks like a pretty hellacious week! I'll be playing a couple of them on guitar/bass momentarily.
Old 08-12-08, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
So my toddlers keep removing the ikea pads I tried to put on my drum kit, so I went ahead and ordered these as an equally cost-effective sound dampener:

Anyone try these? They should be arriving Thursday.
Old 08-12-08, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Drum stick condums. Nice.
Old 08-12-08, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Interesting. Please let us know how they do.
Old 08-12-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I downloaded Dream Theater during lunch and gave it a go. For reference I've beaten all but 3 songs on Expert in the regular game(GG&HT, FWD, Highway Star). This is how it went:

Guitar (hard) - failed 24%
Guitar (med) - 5* 99%
Bass (hard) - 4* ?%

Definitely fun, but damn my arm was sore once I was done. Bass was really fun. I don't usually bother trying Bass until I get together with friends. Can't wait to try drums and vocals tonight.
Old 08-12-08, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the info guys. I was pretty sure it had been mentioned about the RB1 import but couldn't remember.

I don't even care about getting all the RB1 stuff, but stuff like the Metallica DLC and NIN is a must.

Since I was going to get the new combo pack anyway, I think I may defect. Then I could just buy the GH:WT game only and use it with the RB2 instruments I think.

I downloaded Dream Theater during lunch and gave it a go. For reference I've beaten all but 3 songs on Expert in the regular game(GG&HT, FWD, Highway Star). This is how it went:

Guitar (hard) - failed 24%
Guitar (med) - 5* 99%
Bass (hard) - 4* ?%

Definitely fun, but damn my arm was sore once I was done. Bass was really fun. I don't usually bother trying Bass until I get together with friends. Can't wait to try drums and vocals tonight.
I can see from the video I am going to get my ass kicked on guitar during the verse.
Old 08-12-08, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still prefer my PS3 for action games like GTA IV and COD4, but it has been nothing but aggravation for Guitar Hero and RB.
Serenity now. Serenity now.
Old 08-12-08, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow - So I took a few weeks off of playing RB, and I finally threw it back in last night. I got my ass handed to me on songs I could beat easily before! Damn!
Old 08-12-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdpatri
Serenity now. Serenity now.
Insanity later...

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Wow - So I took a few weeks off of playing RB, and I finally threw it back in last night. I got my ass handed to me on songs I could beat easily before! Damn!
Same thing happened to me recently. Hadn't been playing in a while, and got back into it when the NIN pack came out last month. Total suckitude.
Old 08-12-08, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, the Roadrunner pack is kicking my ass on drums. I could only pass My Curse and Running Wild on Hard. Aesthetics of Hate I couldn't even get past the 7% mark after trying a couple of times. I gotta say, even though I was failing 4 of the songs several times, I had a blast doing so. The drumming on Clouds Over California is so fast at times, it is just ridiculous.
Old 08-12-08, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
All the DLC vids have been updated in Post #2. Looks like a pretty hellacious week! I'll be playing a couple of them on guitar/bass momentarily.
Need to fix the main link for the Megadeth video to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTtOr-TKnoI

It is currently going to the one for Runnin' Wild- Airbourne
Old 08-12-08, 06:32 PM

Just played all six songs on EXPERT guitar from the Roadrunner pack and think they are all great in their own way. I passed five of them with four stars each on sightread except for Sleepwalker, which is frustrating the hell out of me.

I've played every song in every Guitar Hero game and every song available in Rock Band and the only two songs I cannot pass on EXPERT guitar are The Devil Went Down to Georgia in GH3 & Sleepwalker in RB.

Jordan, Through the Fire and Flames, Constant Motion, Raining Blood, Green Grass & High Tides, etc. are all easy for me compared to f***ing Sleepwalker. Imagine the horrible Mosh 1 part from Raining Blood (on Rock Band's tighter timing window, mind you) followed immediately by a pain in the ass solo that ends with a ridiculously impossible string of notes...Then IMMEDIATELY after the solo you get treated to some more of that wonderful Mosh 1 ripoff part.

Unless you can get through the Mosh 1 ripoff before the solo and then making it partway into the solo without using overdrive (I CAN'T!), you better be an incredibly good player (RABBIT!) to beat this song.
Old 08-12-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
Need to fix the main link for the Megadeth video to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTtOr-TKnoI

It is currently going to the one for Runnin' Wild- Airbourne
Whoops! I am only human!

Fixed now.
Old 08-12-08, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
No worries, was only giving you a heads up about it.

Thanks for updating it and posting the videos every week!
Old 08-12-08, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
"Most" of the RB1 disc songs will be able to be 'transferred' over for a small fee as well.
What's this 'small fee' you speak of? I assumed it was just a quick transfer from disc to hard drive.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.