Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Fallout 3 Thread Of Exploding Teddy Bears

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-08, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm Just concerned about how rigid the game looks, and how easily the bodies all fall apart. Hopefully that's the polishing they'll be doing to it before it's released. Right now those videos remind me of Soldier of Fortune 3, which is a really really bad thing. The terrain and viewable distance looks great though.
I absolutely loved the first 2 games and tactics, and am also a bit concerned about the new game losing it's isometric charm and heritage.
Another awesome isometric RPG was Arcanum. Everyone who likes Fallout should play that too.
Old 08-05-08, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by fmian
I'm Just concerned about how rigid the game looks, and how easily the bodies all fall apart. Hopefully that's the polishing they'll be doing to it before it's released. Right now those videos remind me of Soldier of Fortune 3, which is a really really bad thing.
The reason the bodies fall apart like that is because they have the "bloody mess" modifier/perk equipped, which is one of the staples of the Fallout franchise.

It's just an option you can un-equip if you don't like it.
Old 08-05-08, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
I loved Bloody Mess but hated blowing a perk for it.
Old 08-06-08, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
The reason the bodies fall apart like that is because they have the "bloody mess" modifier/perk equipped, which is one of the staples of the Fallout franchise.

It's just an option you can un-equip if you don't like it.
In parts 1 and 2 bloody mess would cause more of a well... bloody mess. Like a quarter of your enemy would be blown away, and the rest of them would slump to the knees, and slowly lurch forward and die. The gravity just seems totally unrealistic in the Fallout 3 videos I've seen so far.
Old 08-29-08, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
http://kotaku.com/5043549/five-new-f...ameplay-videos

A bunch of gameplay videos. It seems a little slow walking around.
Old 08-30-08, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fmian
In parts 1 and 2 bloody mess would cause more of a well... bloody mess. Like a quarter of your enemy would be blown away, and the rest of them would slump to the knees, and slowly lurch forward and die. The gravity just seems totally unrealistic in the Fallout 3 videos I've seen so far.
"bloody mess" just meant the bloodiest possible death for whatever weapon you happened to be using - so shotguns/smgs had one animation, plasma used a different one.

I think it looks different in these clips because they always show it in slow motion bullet's eye view (at least for the head shots). They haven't shown any clips (leastwise that I"ve seen) using flamers or anything at close range (shotgun, etc).
Old 08-30-08, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
All I know is that I want to pick up the 2 original games since I never played them and they sound pretty interesting.
If you do get them make sure you pick up the fan made patches that are still being released. Pretty much all bugs were smashed.
Old 08-30-08, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For those who care, you can see those 5 videos in HD here http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/41...Gameplay-Movie
Old 08-30-08, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
This game will be better than most of the drivel released on the gaming public. I'm ready to blow some mutants to bits.
Old 08-30-08, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
This game will be better than most of the drivel released on the gaming public. I'm ready to blow some mutants to bits.
Yup. I'm sure a lot of fans will be disappointed because it won't live up to the hype but it's still going to be awesome.
Old 08-30-08, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
After watching that trailer again I'm looking forward to seeing some heads roll.
Old 08-31-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some new in game videos up here.

Old 09-09-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
I didn't really follow the reasoning for the "banning", but this is not good news:
http://www.gamerchip.com/fallout-3-e...-only-version/

"The reason why the world, who has so far really dug the Aussie way of life, is about to look at us in the same way they do Rusell Crowe is because Bethesda has decided that the Australian Edition will now be the Global Edition.

Bethesda vice president of PR and marketing Peter Hines has responded to questions about the decision by stating "We want to make sure folks understand that the Australian version of Fallout 3 is identical to both the UK and North American versions in every way, on every platform.”"

Of course, he goes on to say
"He continued, “An issue was raised concerning references to real world, proscribed drugs in the game, and we subsequently removed those references and replaced them with fictional names. To avoid confusion among people in different territories, we decided to make those substitutions in all versions of the game, in all territories.”"

so if the only thing changed is references to "cocaine" are now references to "zigfly powder" or something, I think I will refrain from being too offended.
Old 09-09-08, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lame.
Old 09-09-08, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ya, I guess it's all semantics, but I'd prefer they'd have taken a stand on it.
Old 09-09-08, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
As long as the actual locations remain the same. The product names are no big deal. Nuka Cola was created for Fallout, it's not like it was Coke before and they changed it.
Old 09-10-08, 01:40 AM
Banned

The drugs in Fallout 1 and 2 were all fictional drugs created for those games. I can't recall any real-life drugs used in Fallout 1 and 2, so I don't know why they would need real-life drugs in Fallout 3.
Old 09-10-08, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's looking a lot better in those newer videos. Bodies don't seem to break apart as easily, and and the movement is more fluid. Seems like they were the little things that got polished in the game.
Don't know how I'm gonna give myself time between this and Far Cry 2 though.
Old 09-11-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm surprised they gave away so much in those 5 videos - at least what would seem to be big gameplay/story things like the part with Megaton. I like the weapon/item customization/building options, but I'm wondering how extensive it's actually going to be or if it's just going to be a handful of really useful things and everything else is garbage.

The power-glove animation and deaths were pretty badass as well though ;p - guess they kept melee in after all. Might actually give it a shot this time around.
Old 09-15-08, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok, so is there a list anywhere of all the pre-order exclusives and schwag that comes with each version? Is any version 'better' than another? I've always bought this on PC, but now own a Wii and an X-box 360 as well....
Old 09-15-08, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I mentioned this in a previous thread, but I just got my beta code for access to this.... http://www.gog.com/en/intro

Good way to pick up some old Interplay games, including Fallout and Fallout 2 for cheap. Not sure how quickly more invites are coming though if you're looking to grab these before Fallout 3
Old 09-15-08, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
I mentioned this in a previous thread, but I just got my beta code for access to this.... http://www.gog.com/en/intro

Good way to pick up some old Interplay games, including Fallout and Fallout 2 for cheap. Not sure how quickly more invites are coming though if you're looking to grab these before Fallout 3
Got in as well. They had B1G1 for the beta users and I picked up Fallout 1&2 for $5.99. I'll definitely play through some of them before 3 gets here.
Old 09-15-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kerborus
Ok, so is there a list anywhere of all the pre-order exclusives and schwag that comes with each version? Is any version 'better' than another? I've always bought this on PC, but now own a Wii and an X-box 360 as well....
Well I'm guessing there'll be a bunch of user-made mods down the road (as I hear was the case in Morrowind and Oblivion), but any official bonus content should be available through XBL. I'm sticking with the console version since I don't think my laptop will be able to handle it.
Old 09-15-08, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan

That site gave me a hard on...
Old 09-15-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kerborus
That site gave me a hard on...
Yeah, I was pretty excited about it and hope it can find an audience. The prices are dirt cheap, the games are updated to run on XP or Vista, they provide support if you have issues and there is no DRM. Dream website.
I was going to get Fallout 3 on the PS3, but I've changed my mind. My PC had the motherboard die last week and I decided on grabbing an XPS630 with quad core and dual 9800GT cards so with that available I'm definitely getting it on PC.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.