Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-14, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Big assist to foxdvd for helping me levelled up my Wizard today

I owe you one Sir! Plus the gift you sent me ended being the Spaulders of Zakara level 70 for my Wizard.
Old 11-02-14, 07:02 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no prb...and with that xp boost you went form level 6 to 70 in what...30 min? That was fast..
Old 11-02-14, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by foxdvd
no prb...and with that xp boost you went form level 6 to 70 in what...30 min? That was fast..
Yup. Thanks to you I'm now on to bounties and rifts. It's going to be be all about farming now...
Old 11-03-14, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I really need to get back to this game. Tiring of Destiny anyway. Lopo, I think I've seen you on when I'm on so next time I'll join your game or vice versa. My crusader is only in his high teens so won't be able to do much yet.
Old 11-04-14, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gooter
I really need to get back to this game. Tiring of Destiny anyway. Lopo, I think I've seen you on when I'm on so next time I'll join your game or vice versa. My crusader is only in his high teens so won't be able to do much yet.
Gooter, just join my game whenever you see me playing. I'll help you levelled as quickly as possible doing bounties. I was able to raise my WD and Monk to Paragon 103 after this bonus weekend.

Foxdvd, my WD found a Thunderfury that I rerolled with Dexterity for my Monk. Crazy lightning combos with the Odyn Son
Old 11-04-14, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm still looking for the Zunimasa set for my WD and the Legendary Gem for my pets damage. I was able to get the Tall's Man Finger ring that makes the zombie dogs into one gargantuan zombie dog.
Old 11-09-14, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just need the Bounties trophies to get the Platinum. I need a little more than half to get it but it helps using a SWK Monk. I'm able to comfortably do it on T3 and might up it to T4. I would like to do Rifts and GRifts but will try to finish off this trophy. The good thing is that at least I can gamble the shards using my WD since I need some set gears for him especially since I'm still looking the Mask of Jeram and Starmetal Kukri.
Old 11-11-14, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My Sunwoku Monk can now do Bounties and Rifts comfortably on T5. However, I can only do a GRift25 with him. Maybe I just need better rolled gear in order to push him to T6.
Old 11-17-14, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Well we (me and kanji) finally fired up Diablo yesterday after weeks of mentioning it and also going to Destiny and frankly it felt good & fun to play. We were a little rusty at first totally forgetting controls, layout and more importantly the abilities & runes. We had a good time and picked up where we left off God knows how far back...with our Crusaders at around Level 30.

By the time we finished kanji was at 46 and I'm almost at 44. We grabbed a good deal of Legendary stuff and even picked up two items each to mail....kanji one for Lopo and I grabbed one for Gooter. And to top it off we got the Nemesis twice...both times taken his sorry ass down without a hitch. And finally saw Lopo jump in for awhile with a 3-player playthru that was pretty fun. All-in-all a nice little run Sunday...

Lopo...FWIW thanks for the "Power Level" offer but with me and kanji we 're more of play it thru, explore a bit and actually experience some of the game. We both have the other characters at Level 60 or better and will eventually get back with them on the harder stuff. We might get our butts handed to us but we actually like the challenge...and like it when it's three or even four in the mix. Thanks for staying back last night...in the past when we first started out we would get some friends who "Power Leveled" their characters, jump in our game and just run ahead mowing everything down thinking they actually were helping us....NOT!
Old 11-17-14, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
We grabbed a good deal of Legendary stuff and even picked up two items each to mail....kanji one for Lopo and I grabbed one for Gooter.
LOL, thanks Buzz! I'll have to make sure to log back in to the game.
Old 11-17-14, 08:29 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
My Sunwoku Monk can now do Bounties and Rifts comfortably on T5. However, I can only do a GRift25 with him. Maybe I just need better rolled gear in order to push him to T6.
the monk is the hardest character to get T6 ready. They can have amazing group toughness, but even with a Sunwoku set, it just seems you can't do enough damage. There is a weapon that cuts in half the time on seven sided strike. You can easily get that down to like 3-5 seconds.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-flow-of-eternity

There is also a helm that applies exploding palm to each person hit with seven sided strike.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/madstone

these combined with the sunwoku will put your monk well past T6...
Old 11-17-14, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Came across this story that sounded a bit fascinating....

Lost Ark is the best Diablo 3 clone you can't play

There are Diablo clones. And then there's Lost Ark.

Lost Ark is a Korean-made action-RPG that looks a lot like Blizzard's Diablo 3 - with a raft of fancy bells and whistles layered on top.

The eight minute video, below, gives us a great indication of what Lost Ark is like. There are mounts, for a start, spectacular spells and abilities, nice-looking animations and eye-catching environments. Classes include Fighter, Warrior, Magician and Gunner. Gunner looks best to me.

It's published by Smilegate, the the Korean company behind the Oliver twins' latest game, SkySaga, and is developed by Tripod Studio.

There's a lot to Lost Ark that you would accuse of ripping off Diablo 3, but it's done so well you can't help but wonder about a western release.

Unfortunately there seems little chance of that happening. There's a fancy website but we can't make much sense of it. So, ultimately, we may have to label Lost Ark as the best Diablo 3 clone we'll never play

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-you-cant-play

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lV0wWzDAwJU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-18-14, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well we (me and kanji) finally fired up Diablo yesterday after weeks of mentioning it and also going to Destiny and frankly it felt good & fun to play. We were a little rusty at first totally forgetting controls, layout and more importantly the abilities & runes. We had a good time and picked up where we left off God knows how far back...with our Crusaders at around Level 30.

By the time we finished kanji was at 46 and I'm almost at 44. We grabbed a good deal of Legendary stuff and even picked up two items each to mail....kanji one for Lopo and I grabbed one for Gooter. And to top it off we got the Nemesis twice...both times taken his sorry ass down without a hitch. And finally saw Lopo jump in for awhile with a 3-player playthru that was pretty fun. All-in-all a nice little run Sunday...

Lopo...FWIW thanks for the "Power Level" offer but with me and kanji we 're more of play it thru, explore a bit and actually experience some of the game. We both have the other characters at Level 60 or better and will eventually get back with them on the harder stuff. We might get our butts handed to us but we actually like the challenge...and like it when it's three or even four in the mix. Thanks for staying back last night...in the past when we first started out we would get some friends who "Power Leveled" their characters, jump in our game and just run ahead mowing everything down thinking they actually were helping us....NOT!
No problem. I still have a low level Crusader that I need to level up in SC so I hope you don't mind me joining you if I see you and Kanji playing.

the monk is the hardest character to get T6 ready. They can have amazing group toughness, but even with a Sunwoku set, it just seems you can't do enough damage. There is a weapon that cuts in half the time on seven sided strike. You can easily get that down to like 3-5 seconds.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-flow-of-eternity

There is also a helm that applies exploding palm to each person hit with seven sided strike.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/madstone

these combined with the sunwoku will put your monk well past T6...
I was able to get a Flying Dragon too but you're right I can't do enough damage quickly enough to advance in the GRifts. My challenge also stems in the fact that I only have one socket to put the Legendary Gems. I can't seen to roll a socket in the other ring and amulet. Bounties and Rifts are no problem in T6.

I'm farming loot for a WD, DH, Wizard and Monk. It seems that I will never stop playing this game.
Old 11-18-14, 07:30 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by LorenzoL

I'm farming loot for a WD, DH, Wizard and Monk. It seems that I will never stop playing this game.
It is a curse..I am near 2000 hours on the PC version
Old 11-19-14, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It is a curse..I am near 2000 hours on the PC version
If Blizzard keeps their promise of updating the game on the consoles, I don't see myself playing anything else.

I played a little bit of Assassin's Creed Unity but kept thinking back to Diablo. I also played a little bit of Watch Dogs and same thing. The only thing that might pull me away will be Lego Batman 3 because I'm a sucker for Lego games. The thing is that I didn't pre-order the game so I'm waiting for a good Black Friday/Boxing Day price to purchase it.

I was able to find a full set of the Marauder set for my DH along with a Kridershot. My toughness and Vitality was weak but then I got the Follower relic that won't let them die and combined with the Unity rings, I can now farm T5 safely using Sentries along with the pets. I have yet to try for T6 but that's next.
Old 11-22-14, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I posted the trailer of Lost Ark, the Diablo-clone from Korea which has caught the attention of many Diablo fans but no word if it will even make it West. Well they've put out a 20 minute video showing the classes and their abilities that' even more impressive not to mention the animation is top notch. All of this is in Korean so you cannot understand what they're saying but at the 7:00 minute mark it appears the characters can combine the single skills in to one action. The skills alone are something to watch. Be interesting to see where this game goes....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JDVTU4TLhhw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-22-14, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's more like WoW with Diablo elements as I think based on what they say about the mini games and community events, one can go off in quests and get together in groups. Definitely a PC game and I'll be shocked if this comes to NA.

Getting back to Diablo, my DH can now farm T6 and I'm finding that my WD is the hardest to gear up. I'm losing hope that I'm ever going to find a Starmetal Kukri and a Witching Hour belt.
Old 12-25-14, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holidays bonus whenever PS Network and X-Box Live starts working. 100% Experience bonus for those still trying to get your Platinum.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1722...ays-24-12-2014
Old 12-27-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Started playing this again to take advantage of the 100% EXP bonus. Finished up Act V on hardcore and got my achievement. Was grinding out to LVL70 and died at LVL64 while trying to pause and quit! Started over last night with a crusader and am now at LVL62...going to try not to die while pausing this time
Old 12-28-14, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Might do this later today but need to catch up since the TV went out last Sunday and of course the PSN being down thanks to some mean, evil, uncaring, ego, cruel, mega A-holes
Old 12-28-14, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my lvl70 hardcore! Working on a normal Wizard now, still have 4 more classes to get to lvl 70

Hey Liver & Onions, play the game! You're one of only 2 people on my friends list and I have sent you like 6 presents/legendaries over the past 3 days.
Old 01-16-15, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What does everyone think of the new update. I just saw where I got it and here is the rundown of what's in it....

•Ancient items have been added to the game. These items are more powerful versions of existing Legendary items and can be found in Torment I difficulty or higher by slaying monsters, spending Blood Shards with Kadala, and crafting.
•The drop chance for Ancient items increases with each Torment level.

•Over 20 new Legendary items have been added to the game!
•Several Set bonuses have been updated, including The Legacy of Raekor, Embodiment of the Marauder, Monkey King’s Garb, and Firebird’s Finery. These changes will be retroactive, which means players will not need to find new Set items in order to benefit from these adjustments.

•New Treasure Goblins have been added to the game! Be on the lookout for the Gem Hoarder, Blood Thief, Odious Collector, and Malevolent Tormentor. These additions to our growing goblin family can only be found in Adventure Mode.
•All Treasure Goblins now appear standing next to a portal and have been given a special mini-map icon in order to increase their visibility.

•Players can now use the “Revive at Corpse” option while in Nephalem and Greater Rifts, but the associated respawn timer will increment with every death. In addition, and a result of this change, the “Revive at Checkpoint” option has been removed.
•Several improvements have been made to monster density, monster damage, and Rift Guardian abilities in both Nephalem and Greater Rifts. Many maps have also received changes to the way their layouts can be generated.
•Pylons found in Rifts and Greater Rifts have received several improvements, and are now less likely to spawn next to each other.

•The “Healing” stat on the character sheet has been replaced with “Recovery”.
•Recovery is an estimate of how much Toughness you are expected to be able to recover in combat and is calculated using a combination of your Healing, Life, and Toughness.
Old 01-16-15, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Haven't put much time into it, but I will probably over the weekend. No Ancient items yet.
Old 01-16-15, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts

No ancient items here either.
Old 01-16-15, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Time for some hunting!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.