Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-14, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

The Share, Nemesis and Appentice Modes shown and explained.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/veKqTbmgJfM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-17-14, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Yeah, that's covered in the Blog post I copied and posted above.
Are these bonus items on digital download only for playstation?
Old 08-17-14, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

From the wiki:

Ultimate Evil Edition Bonus Features

The UEE has almost all the same content as Reaper of Souls, but has numerous changes to the controls and other core features to work on the console. There are also a few new features and pre-order bonus items.

Pre-Order bonus items:

Infernal Pauldrons (pre-order bonus) legendary shoulders.

Playstation 3 and 4 only:[3]

A special Nephalem Rift themed with characters from NaughtyDog title, The Last of Us.[4]
A special Transmog set to unlock six armor appearances inspired by the PS2 title, Shadow of the Colossus.[5]

Apprentice Mode: The game will automatically boost the stats of lower level characters so they can match up with higher level characters in a multiplayer game. The bonus only lasts for the duration of that MP game.[6]

The Nemesis System can take a monster that kills one player and make that monster appear, with added powers, in the game of someone on the friend's list. If the monster kills that player, it will go to another person on his Friend's List and so on, up to five times.

Legendary items found in multiplayer games will automatically be distributed, "Robin Hood loot" style, to the class who can use them best. Also, legendary items will sometimes drop for players on your friends list, and when picked up will automatically be sent to them, with a notice when they log on showing where the item came from.

Massacre Bonuses are enhanced, and will add Nephalem Glory bonuses from kill streaks and destruction bonuses.
- See more at: http://www.diablowiki.net/Diablo_III....48gh3W2G.dpuf

As Shipwreck of CAG posted on their site, even Best Buy is wondering why anyone would purchase it on anything other than a PS4:

Old 08-17-14, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Well... so much for not getting this game...
Old 08-17-14, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if couch coop will work with online on the xbox one?
Meaning if my and my wife are playing locally and we can play online with a 3rd or 4th person.

Everything I have read seems to point its either local coop or online not a mixture.
Old 08-17-14, 10:04 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just ordered it on PSN, and it started preloading already.
Old 08-17-14, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks Decker. Too bad I regret buying my PS3 and have no desire or plans for a PS4, hell I'm not ready for next gen yet.
Old 08-17-14, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the only difference between Xbox One and PS4 is the PS4 exlcusive content.

Console specific bonuses?
Playstation players will be getting a Last of Us themed Nephalim Rift and a Shadow of the Colossus themed Transmog set.

I believe the game features like Nemesis and loot gifting will be common. At least that's the way I read in on Blizzard's site.
Old 08-17-14, 11:19 PM

Well, while those little PS4 bonuses are nice, it's still the same game on an XO. You'd be fine getting it on that system.
Old 08-18-14, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I posted this question on the official Battle.net Diablo forums to make sure because I really wasn't....can you go ahead and upload your saved data from the 360 now so it'll be ready to DL to the PS4 or do you do it all at once. I was told you can go ahead and upload now providing you don't play anymore.

So tonight I'll raise a glass, make a final toast, say thanks for all the fond memories of my trusty 360 Diablo III version and then move my data over to the Battle.net servers ready for tomorrow night. Somewhat sad but far more excited that the dream everyone who had the "old gen" game might never see their time & effort moved to the Nex Gen is less than a day away.
Old 08-18-14, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Last of Us Meets Diablo III on the PS4
A Demon Hunter slays Clickers, Bloaters, and Stalkers in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition's The Last of Us nephalem rift.

<iframe src="http://www.gamespot.com/videos/embed/6420882/" width="640" height="400" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
Old 08-19-14, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FWIW...we'll be on this evening around "6 Central" getting started, DL the update and checking the new stuff out. If anyone is getting on and starting out fresh...and providing everything on our side carried over...we can drop you a lot of gear on various characters. Almost all are lower level Legendaries we save in case friends started a new class and need stuff.

I know Lorenzo is out this whole week and hopefully Decker will be on. Just look for me and another friend...kanjji. Checked the offical Diablo forums and some reviews have came in saying the game looks stunning. Some are complaining their bonus items are missing however or items didn't carry over...which were hacked items...which probably a lot had and will be pissed but shouldn't have had them.
Old 08-19-14, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be on tonight but not until 1030-11p Central if you guys are still on. Going to start a Crusader.
Old 08-19-14, 12:05 PM

Started my crusader add me PSN HooterHunting
Old 08-19-14, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone getting this for Xbone?
Old 08-19-14, 01:33 PM

Well, Gamefly went and sent me Sniper Elite instead. I went ahead and bought this through PSN instead. I wanted to get a deal and this is more expensive on PSN than at Best Buy with GCU, but figuring tax, it isn't a big difference (no sales tax on PSN, thankfully) and the convenience is probably worth the few bucks more. Hope I still get the extra digital bonuses. Haven't paid full price for a new game since....Diablo III! Damn you Blizzard!!!

I'll be on later tonight after my kids go to bed - maybe 8:30 PT.
Old 08-19-14, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Decker, looks like our play times may coincide with each other (830PT and 1030CT). I don't get a chance to game until late and usually that rules out the east coasters and most of my friends in CT.
Old 08-19-14, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edstein
Anyone getting this for Xbone?
I did. Was going to get it for PS4, but my friends list is almost non existent on that compared to Live. Looks and controls great. Put a few hours in with the Crusader and I'm almost up to level 12. I also had a legendary drop already. When it first came out on PC it probably took about 20 hours before I saw one.

Last edited by Obey The D; 08-19-14 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-19-14, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fired it up at lunch while home and seems like everything transfered over ok except my Challenges Progress. I was around 70% and now shows 6%. All my items, stash, all five characters Leveled at 60, all my Gems, Artisans, Gold...all moved over and there. There is a glitch with my Monk as he has done Inferno but for some reason the game is treating him as if he is totally new. My Wizard had "Stars" on all his abilities as if he just unlocked them. I think it might be something to do with the Level Difficulty settings. On the 360 we had Nightmare, Hell and Inferno which is gone on the PS4 version. I can live with this...missing all the items...NO!
Old 08-19-14, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I did. Was going to get it for PS4, but my friends list is almost non existent on that compared to Live. Looks and controls great. Put a few hours in with the Crusader and I'm almost up to level 12. I also had a legendary drop already. When it first came out on PC it probably took about 20 hours before I saw one.
I transferred my characters over from the 360 and then traded in my copy a couple of days ago. But I've already played this expansion on the PC. I'm not sure if I want to jump back into this game again with Destiny and Sunset Overdrive just around the corner.
Old 08-19-14, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I picked this up today for the PS4. However, with getting my classroom ready for tomorrow's first day of school I doubt I'll be able to play it until tomorrow night at the earliest.
Old 08-20-14, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Picked this up on Xbox One today after a friend kept complaining that none of our group were going to play it as most of us already played it on PC.

I got to admit, this plays way better on a console than on a PC.
Old 08-20-14, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Trying to make sure I get everyone playing the PS4 version and so far I have....

Lopo555
Decker01
GatorShea

edstein...said he played the PC Exp already and may not play the PS4 version?
ntlbornekiller...was going to get the PS4 but with more friends on Xbox got the XO version

Gooter...is that your PSN?
ugabuga...is that your PSN

We didn't start the Crusader Classs because I told Lopo555 we would wait till he got back from vacation and try to get a bunch going with all new characters. We did pick up where we left off on the 360 version with Act III on "Torent III"...which we assume is somewhere like the "Mastery Rank" of the 360 version. We started finding Level 61 stuff including one each of a Legendary 61. The damage was a bit above the Level 60 Legendary stuff we've been carrying.

The biggest thing we noticed right away was the huge amount of XP reward for doing Special Events. The 360 version even at Level 60 and in Inferno it would be around 150,000. We saw 1.5 Million last night and floored us. We also saw new and improved enemies and their abilities. It was no cakewalk but felt about right challenge wise.

I also ran across my first "Gift"...it was just a small box with a bow on it and said..."Gift for Darknght"...so I sent it to him. I also thought everyone was suppose to see everyone's loot and see what they got. Not the case as what kanjji saw for her and mine was different. We do like the Paragon Point system as that was not in the 360 version.

Decker...I tried to send you a message and saw twice you sent one but never got them. Got "Server Error" twice. For some reason it had you online (in game) but you did not show up in my Mail Box. I found 1-2 Monk lower level items (Level 20) I was going ot send you but couldn't. I think we either gave away, sold or brokedown a lot of the low level stuff to make room for the mid and higher items. If anyone needs or wants items for specific character and plus we have several of the Crafting Books to give as well. With the new levels, character, and the added Diamond our stash will start to overflow and something has to go.
Old 08-20-14, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Trying to make sure I get everyone playing the PS4 version and so far I have....

Gooter...is that your PSN?
Hey K&A,

No, my tag is Baronvongoot. You sent me a message last night. I tried to reply to it but kept getting server errors and it wouldn't send. To answer your questions from it: Yes, I'm loving it so far. And, I rolled a crusader.

Also, I think I rec'd the digital preorder items (Sony only) and I didn't digitally preorder the game. I have two transmog recipes, a hound companion, and 10 character slots. I preorder the game at Best Buy. Are those the digital preorder items?
Old 08-20-14, 08:15 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Picked this up on Xbox One today after a friend kept complaining that none of our group were going to play it as most of us already played it on PC.

I got to admit, this plays way better on a console than on a PC.

how so? elaborate please.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.