Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-14, 12:43 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

There is a plus to resetting the quests...you get the guaranteed legendary on boss fights again.
Old 03-24-14, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
so, i reset the quests for my Wizard....only his quests were reset...not my barb's or Demon Hunter's? I hope only for the Wiz. I would hate to know I had to wait to play then new act until I went through everything again. I would just run through it with my barb and get my wiz there later.
Yes, it's only for the character you reset.
Old 03-24-14, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
There is a plus to resetting the quests...you get the guaranteed legendary on boss fights again.
The only guaranteed legendary is from diablo right?
Old 03-24-14, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krayzie
At least you get a legendary when you kill diablo again
I believe the guaranteed legendary for level 60+ guys gets moved to the new boss at the end of Act V instead.
Old 03-24-14, 12:47 PM

I thought it was all the act bosses. For a time, Diablo's leg was dropping of the Skeleton King, which was highly exploitable.
Old 03-24-14, 12:49 PM

I just looked it up. The guaranteed leg on act bosses is just for the first play-through. After a reset it's only the last boss (currently Diablo).
Old 03-24-14, 01:09 PM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, it's only for the character you reset.

Thank God! I will be able to play the Act...just my Barb or DH only.

Old 03-24-14, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

discostu mentioned this in the XBox One thread, but reposting here too. Some confirmation that D3 is in the works on XBox One.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/24/554...3-xbox-one-ps4
Old 03-24-14, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Can someone explain to me how this expansion works? Like, I have 3 chars, all who beat the game on normal, and then made it midway through Nightmare mode (i think).

So when I load the expansion, do I go right to Act 5 normal (and be overpowered), or do I have to finish the game in Nightmare and play Act 5 in nightmare?
Old 03-24-14, 03:19 PM

These comments pertain to the PC version:

Normal / Nightmare / Hell / Inferno modes no longer exist. When you play, the game is automatically tuned to your level. So, if you've beaten the core game, you'll be able to go straight into Act V and it'll be an appropriate challenge regardless of your level.

Additionally, there are difficulty levels so if things are too easy / hard you can adjust those (the higher the difficulty, the better the XP and gold).
Old 03-24-14, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I was reading the article on the bit being developed for the XO and maybe the PS4 version is not to far behind after all...or at least a glimmer of hope...

From Videogamer...

Mayberry says that "it makes more sense" to develop for both next-gen consoles simultaneously, even though a release on Microsoft's console has yet to be confirmed.

"We have that pipeline worked out," he continued. "We've already done it with the 360 and PS3, so that team knows how to develop at the same time for both of those platforms. That's just what we do. And then Blizzard and Microsoft can work out whatever they work out."

As for when Ultimate Evil Edition is due to release, Mayberry says that "it's not far off... [The console team] work in parallel development with us so they're not far behind".

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/diablo..._xbox_one.html
Old 03-25-14, 07:34 AM
wlj

I finally got my Wiz to 60 last night. I have 3 60s (barb, DH, Wiz) now. I stayed up until midnight for RoS to unlock and I played for around an hour and a half. I was expecting the servers to be overloaded and "Error 37" all over the place. However, everything went real smooth. The little bit I played of Act V I loved. It has a cool, dark and creepy atmosphere that I like alot. I also am really digging the score to this act, so far it sounds amazing. Where is the mystic at?? I have looked around the Act V "hub" area and I don't see it..only the usual blacksmith, merchants, jewelers etc... I got the CE of the game and I have some transmog stuff that I want to try out. I look forward to digging into Act V tonight....maybe finish it. I am not sure of the length. I may try out the crusader as well. I thought leveling to 70 would be a little slower, but i got to 62 in no time.

oh yeah --- gem drops are crazy. I got 2 imperials and 4 marquise drops. They may drop a little too much honestly.

Last edited by wlj; 03-25-14 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-25-14, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
I finally got my Wiz to 60 last night. I have 3 60s (barb, DH, Wiz) now. I stayed up until midnight for RoS to unlock and I played for around an hour and a half. I was expecting the servers to be overloaded and "Error 37" all over the place. However, everything went real smooth. The little bit I played of Act V I loved. It has a cool, dark and creepy atmosphere that I like alot. I also am really digging the score to this act, so far it sounds amazing. Where is the mystic at?? I have looked around the Act V "hub" area and I don't see it..only the usual blacksmith, merchants, jewelers etc... I got the CE of the game and I have some transmog stuff that I want to try out. I look forward to digging into Act V tonight....maybe finish it. I am not sure of the length. I may try out the crusader as well. I thought leveling to 70 would be a little slower, but i got to 62 in no time.

oh yeah --- gem drops are crazy. I got 2 imperials and 4 marquise drops. They may drop a little too much honestly.
my understanding is the mystic is an NPC that you find in the storyline, like most of the other NPCs. i'm looking forward to playing today. i need some new stuff!
Old 03-25-14, 08:13 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by vballboy51
my understanding is the mystic is an NPC that you find in the storyline, like most of the other NPCs. i'm looking forward to playing today. i need some new stuff!

i could have played all night but I finally went to bed at 2am. i was having a blast. Damn you responsibilities!!

I had to tip toe to the bedroom hoping to not wake the wifey up. she gets a little irritated when i play too late.
Old 03-25-14, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ugh, only been at work for about 2 hours now. I really, really want to go home and play this.
Old 03-25-14, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Played for a couple hours last night, basically as far as getting the Mystic. Having a blast. I had access to the beta, but passed on it as I didn't want to be spoiled. The new areas are all pretty cool.
Old 03-25-14, 11:09 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by shizawn
Played for a couple hours last night, basically as far as getting the Mystic. Having a blast. I had access to the beta, but passed on it as I didn't want to be spoiled. The new areas are all pretty cool.

how long does it take to get to the mystic?? I have some transmog stuff from getting the collector's edition I want to try out
Old 03-25-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
how long does it take to get to the mystic?? I have some transmog stuff from getting the collector's edition I want to try out
Little over 2 hours for me. I was also listening to all the conversations and such, since I haven't heard any of them before.

I actually forgot to add those recipies from the digital deluxe, so I'm not sure what level the Mystic needs to be to use those. To train her (and the other two artisans) above level 10, you'll need a item that drops (Death's Breath). I was training the blacksmith, but didn't receive enough of those drops to train him to 11.
Old 03-26-14, 06:49 AM

I got up to the final boss in RoS last night and decided to grind from 68 to 70 first as I am assuming there will be a guaranteed legendary for your first kill. I should probably start a new quest so I get exp faster as grinding mobs takes way too long...
Old 03-26-14, 07:56 AM
wlj

I got up to the final boss in RoS last night and decided to grind from 68 to 70 first as I am assuming there will be a guaranteed legendary for your first kill. I should probably start a new quest so I get exp faster as grinding mobs takes way too long...

i haven't finished Act V yet, but I have found the Act to be quite challenging. I started it on Torment 1, but then I lowered it to Master and it is still kicking my ass at times.

Loot drops have been very interesting so far. Here is my current barb since i started up the expansion. i am not having alot of luck getting a good piece of chest armor.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G...6/hero/3243379

damn loot gets crazy good in RoS....this isn't mine of course but look at this guy's 2 hand sword he is using on his barb....INSANE. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...3/hero/2164523

Last edited by wlj; 03-26-14 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-26-14, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
i haven't finished Act V yet, but I have found the Act to be quite challenging. I started it on Torment 1, but then I lowered it to Master and it is still kicking my ass at times.

Loot drops have been very interesting so far. Here is my current barb since i started up the expansion. i am not having alot of luck getting a good piece of chest armor.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G...6/hero/3243379

damn loot gets crazy good in RoS....this isn't mine of course but look at this guy's 2 hand sword he is using on his barb....INSANE. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S...3/hero/2164523
i'm glad you said that about A5. i was stubbornly sticking to T1, but once i hit about lvl 65 it got hard. i beat it, but there are some nasty swarms of enemies that get at you. i may drop to master at some point. i'm more worried about getting to lvl 70 right now. started with my WD, did a little bit with the wiz as well. barb up next!
Old 03-26-14, 09:35 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by vballboy51
i'm glad you said that about A5. i was stubbornly sticking to T1, but once i hit about lvl 65 it got hard. i beat it, but there are some nasty swarms of enemies that get at you. i may drop to master at some point. i'm more worried about getting to lvl 70 right now. started with my WD, did a little bit with the wiz as well. barb up next!

my barb is at 66 right now. i am really pushing to get him to 70. that looks to be the point when the really crazy gear drops. Leveling has gone much faster post 60 than i was expecting. I was expecting a big grind, but not so far.
Old 03-26-14, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

played for 11 hours yesterday. I basically have all new gear. When I started, my barb was dealing 71k damage, now he deals 125k damage.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/n.../hero/27117940
Old 03-26-14, 10:48 AM

Yeah, I am at level 69 now and I have about 2.5 million toughness. I have no idea where it needs to be but I only had about 800k toughness at 60.
Old 03-26-14, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I bought a wireless keyboard last night and hooked up my Macbook Pro to my 120" big screen and D3 looks great. I like the keyboard an mouse setup on the couch but it would be so much better if I could use my wired Xbox 360 controller for this game.

I got my hardcore Crusader up to level 18 so far. I haven't started the new Act yet.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.