Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-13, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

I started playing some again as well. I have a level 54 Witch Doctor.
Old 01-10-13, 07:34 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edstein
I started playing some again as well. I have a level 54 Witch Doctor.

i saw you on the other night. we should definitely get together soon
Old 01-10-13, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey! this game got fun again. bought a cheap skorn, got a 2s manticore to drop in my first game.
Old 01-11-13, 10:14 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by vballboy51
hey! this game got fun again. bought a cheap skorn, got a 2s manticore to drop in my first game.

had a great time in co-op last night. we need to beat the key out of the act 3 warden. i know I have tried him 6 or 7 times and haven't gotten the key to drop.

you should be excited about the manticore...2 sockets is rare for those. slap a couple of 100% crit emeralds and you are good to go
Old 01-11-13, 01:35 PM

i'm very excited about it. damn it, the game has me suckered back in. i hate myself.
Old 01-11-13, 05:19 PM

just got the "key of terror"
Old 01-11-13, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

I started playing again in December after an approximate 3 month hiatus. I have two goals, getting one of each class to 60 (4 classes down, have only a 44 Barb left) and finishing Inferno with at least one character (furthest is currently in Act 3).

Once I complete that, I'm probably done until the expansion.
Old 01-12-13, 12:16 PM
wlj

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/ Patch 1.0.7 preview
Old 01-12-13, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can't imagine that unbalanced dueling will be any fun.
Old 01-14-13, 08:02 AM
wlj

I can't imagine that unbalanced dueling will be any fun.

i am interested in seeing how this all plays out. I love my barbarian and he is very powerful (200,000 DPS unbuffed), but I don't see how I could defeat an elite demon hunter. The DH can just take me out from a distance. If I run towards her, she can just vault to the other side of the screen, rinse/repeat.

now, if i can activate wrath of the beserker and get to the other guy quick they would be toast. With battle rage and wrath of the beserker activated my dps skyrockets to 600,000 DPS
Old 01-14-13, 09:33 AM

Thanks again for all the help WLJ. this game has really become fun again. i've found more high level legendaries in the last 3 days then i did in the 4 months playing before.
Old 01-15-13, 07:39 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by vballboy51
Thanks again for all the help WLJ. this game has really become fun again. i've found more high level legendaries in the last 3 days then i did in the 4 months playing before.
You are welcome. It is good to have another good co-op partner. It makes the game alot more enjoyable. Helping each other out is alot of fun.
Old 01-15-13, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm just about finished with Hell and I've only found 2 legendary items through all three play throughs so far. And no green items. Even the rares don't drop much. I don't have my magic find very high so that could be the problem. Once I progress about 5 levels I jump over to the GAH and find a few things in the 10k to 50k price range and do a buyout. The tip early in this thread about picking items with reduced level requirement was a really great idea.
Old 01-15-13, 02:21 PM

edstein, i wouldn't even worry about rares until you get to lvl 60. you won't use them anyway. once you get to 60 you get "stacks" which really help
Old 01-16-13, 09:52 AM
wlj

I'm just about finished with Hell and I've only found 2 legendary items through all three play throughs so far. And no green items. Even the rares don't drop much. I don't have my magic find very high so that could be the problem. Once I progress about 5 levels I jump over to the GAH and find a few things in the 10k to 50k price range and do a buyout. The tip early in this thread about picking items with reduced level requirement was a really great idea.

Legendaries will drop a little more when you start working with the Nephalem Valor. However, I haven't had a whole lot over my 200 hour playtime. Maybe 25 or so. Set items are very hard to come by for me. I have only had 4 drop during my playtime. They all dropped during my last 20 hours of game time.

You are a witch doctor? I am not going to be much help there. I know jack sh1t about Witch Doctors. I only know the Demon Hunter(lv60 p11) and Barbarian(lv60 p17) class.

In all honestly the game doesn't really start until you get to 60 and unlock inferno.

VBALL -- thanks for letting me try out your killer one handers last night. Also, give the passive "Brawler" a try, I used it last night for the first time. It gives you 30% more damage when you are fighting enemies within 8 yards. So it gives you a damage boost in mobs basically. Since you are in mobs most of the time you will have the extra damage most of the time.

Last edited by wlj; 01-16-13 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-16-13, 10:33 AM

I need to see if they've made the witch doctor better since I last played. I hated playing him in inferno. He was great before inferno as his minions weren't completely useless.
Old 01-16-13, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
Legendaries will drop a little more when you start working with the Nephalem Valor. However, I haven't had a whole lot over my 200 hour playtime. Maybe 25 or so. Set items are very hard to come by for me. I have only had 4 drop during my playtime. They all dropped during my last 20 hours of game time.

You are a witch doctor? I am not going to be much help there. I know jack sh1t about Witch Doctors. I only know the Demon Hunter(lv60 p11) and Barbarian(lv60 p17) class.

In all honestly the game doesn't really start until you get to 60 and unlock inferno.

VBALL -- thanks for letting me try out your killer one handers last night. Also, give the passive "Brawler" a try, I used it last night for the first time. It gives you 30% more damage when you are fighting enemies within 8 yards. So it gives you a damage boost in mobs basically. Since you are in mobs most of the time you will have the extra damage most of the time.
looked at it on D3up.com and it seems to make sense to use. and yea, the one handers are fun! some day i'll upgrade them to ones with sockets, but for now, i'm doing plenty of damage to hang in, especially with you around! though your giant skorn is quite fun too
Old 01-20-13, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I guess Jay Wilson moved aside or was asked to move aside so they can bring in another Game Director for Diablo 3 and I assume possible expansions.

The jaded me thinks they did it to try to get some of us that are not happy with the final product to possibly buy future expansions.

I hope they do not move him to Wow of course we already have Ghostcrawler to mess with that franchise so I doubt jay Wilson could hurt it much more than him.
Old 01-22-13, 01:29 AM
Banned

I've been waiting for a long long time for this game. I'm not disappointed. I love it's graphics. And opening scene - epic!
Old 01-23-13, 11:02 AM
wlj

This game does have the best cut scenes I have ever seen.
Old 01-31-13, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Mentioned this in the Starcraft thread, but if anyone is interested in trying out some new Battle.net features, let me know via PM. If you've communicated with me in the past for things, I might have already invited you
Old 02-01-13, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I started a Hardcore female Barbarian. She was rocking pretty good. Then I got killed just after I hit level 19. Bummer. At least I didn't play to long with her. I may try again with a demon hunter.
Old 02-03-13, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Mentioned this in the Starcraft thread, but if anyone is interested in trying out some new Battle.net features, let me know via PM. If you've communicated with me in the past for things, I might have already invited you
What changes are they making to battle.net?

I honestly did not know it had any features other than real ID.
Old 02-04-13, 11:48 AM
wlj

I started a Hardcore female Barbarian. She was rocking pretty good. Then I got killed just after I hit level 19. Bummer. At least I didn't play to long with her. I may try again with a demon hunter.

i would love to do a hardcore character. however, i would go mad if I died from a lag spike. which i have quite a bit.
Old 02-04-13, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At least I didn't get very far or I would have been really pissed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.