Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Old 07-03-12, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Monk, and the champions mostly, but some of the regular ones own me too.
Do you have any life on hit gear? I think that's pretty much mandatory for melee. Foxdvd might be able to help more as I think he actually plays a monk.
Old 07-03-12, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by vballboy51
if you are talking inferno, you aren't doing anything wrong. its act 2. it sucks. read what foxdvd has done to improve his monk and be one of the only people i know to make it through them. i can actually do MOST of act 2 (beliel SUCKS) but act 3 is hard again. gloam is a SoB
Are gloams the flying ghost things?

I have concluded that the key to Inferno is to just skip half the champ packs / elites. I hate the teleporting, invulnerable and fast mobs. They are a pain.

Last edited by Krayzie; 07-03-12 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-03-12, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Krayzie
Are gloams the flying ghost things?
no the boss. whatever the hell his name is in act 3.

though act 2 has some of the worst enemies. the wasps with their poision bees of death. the guys who throw grenades (aka the first 2 enemies you encounter in the canyon) and those teleporting snake things.

god i hate act 2
Old 07-03-12, 01:44 PM

no the boss. whatever the hell his name is in act 3.

though act 2 has some of the worst enemies. the wasps with their poision bees of death. the guys who throw grenades (aka the first 2 enemies you encounter in the canyon) and those teleporting snake things.

god i hate act 2
Yeah, I remember prepatch I walked through that canyon in the beginning and died like 8 times.

Act 3 sucks too. Champ soul lashers and phasebeasts... bleh

I am going to go into Act 4 today. I already forgot what mobs were there.
Old 07-03-12, 02:26 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is my main build I use for act 2 inferno...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...ihX!ZXU!acYZcb

My dps at this time was 22,000...I used two weapons so I could get my attack speed up and generate plenty of spirit...I also had life on hit on each weapon..at the time I did act 2 I had a total of 1200 life on hit (though now it is near 2000 and 3000 when I need to)..also had critical bonus on each weapon so my total damage bonus from critical was near 300%...with about a 17% chance to cause critical...

I used one with everything and stacked fire resistance gear, so my total resistance was about 700...My armor was 6000....

As you can see on my passives, one with everything makes getting resistance up easier. Resolve is amazing because my attacks end up hitting everyone around me so it is like have 25% damage reduction on at all time..last I use seize to get my armor up higher...

My main attack is Fist of Thunder...it generates spirit the best...has the highest attack rate, so it also stacks with life on hit great...and Thunderclap is amazing..you teleport to your target, and then hit everyone around you with each hit, not just the third hit..this sets off the critical hits like crazy..

Mantra of evasion gets my dodge chance up to 50%..and backlash is the secret of this build...when you dodge it shoots out fire to every enemy around you...the tooltip is not updated online(or maybe it is not updated in game) but it is actually 50% damage...now if you are surrounded by a bunch of enemies, you are dodging ALL THE TIME...so your explosions are going off all the time..(So in theory it can go off 6 or more times a second)

Then I have Sweeping wind...I drop it at the start of each fight, and in 1 second it is full stack..so another 60% dps on all enemies around you...Also Sweeping wind and backlash work with resolve, so you are always getting 25% damage reduction....

I don't need to explain serenity..it is the best skill monks have...

Breath of heaven is ok, but the real kick is the 15% more damage you get for 45seconds after using it...so you can spam it at all times...

And last, I use Dashing strike...the bonus dodge is nice, but it is a get out of jail free card...no cooldown...you are NOT going to be hurting on spirit with this build, so if you get walled in, or stuck...or in trouble...just right click and you are out of trouble...it also usually puts you behind an enemy, so on some rares, I just use it over and over again...get a few hits in..use it again.

One last thing...use a helm(spirit stone) that has spirit regeneration...that way you always have full spirit starting a fight...(some fist weapons have them to, but you need life on hit and critical more than anything else)

with this setup I was able to run act 2 over and over, and it was rare I died...
Old 07-03-12, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

My friend is a monk who solo'd Diablo on Inferno the other day. He is like foxdvd that he buys and resells on the auction house, and also upgrades his gear that way.

And it's not that he spends that much time playing. He has a wife and 3 kids and still somehow managed to accomplish this with not that much spare time. It is amazing how much a difference mastering the auction house plays.
Old 07-03-12, 02:54 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
My friend is a monk who solo'd Diablo on Inferno the other day. He is like foxdvd that he buys and resells on the auction house, and also upgrades his gear that way.

And it's not that he spends that much time playing. He has a wife and 3 kids and still somehow managed to accomplish this with not that much spare time. It is amazing how much a difference mastering the auction house plays.
yeah, one of the life on hit rings I paid 100,000 for last night, I placed right back up on the auction house for 850,000 gold..it has not sold yet, but the current bid is up to 500,000..so I know it will sell..I picked up another life on hit ring that does 300 life on hit and has a bonus on life% for 150,000...lol..
Old 07-03-12, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by foxdvd
yeah, one of the life on hit rings I paid 100,000 for last night, I placed right back up on the auction house for 850,000 gold..it has not sold yet, but the current bid is up to 500,000..so I know it will sell..I picked up another life on hit ring that does 300 life on hit and has a bonus on life% for 150,000...lol..
Dibs!
Old 07-03-12, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Problem is that I can't afford any decent 1 handed life on hit weapons. I am currently using a 2 hander with 823 life on hit.
Old 07-03-12, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish there were massive loh rings like that in hardcore auction house. Er, and were 100k if they showed up :/.
Old 07-03-12, 03:26 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Problem is that I can't afford any decent 1 handed life on hit weapons. I am currently using a 2 hander with 823 life on hit.
how much gold do you have?
Old 07-03-12, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foxdvd
how much gold do you have?
Just over 800k
Old 07-03-12, 04:29 PM

i have the same problem glass dragon. my barb has a 631dps life on hit weapon. just can't afford higher.
Old 07-03-12, 04:30 PM

one more thing. i have a ton of crap. some good, most bad. i figure before i vend it if anyone here wants to give it a gander hit me up in bnet with a whisper. i'll invite you to the game.
Old 07-03-12, 05:53 PM

i have the same problem glass dragon. my barb has a 631dps life on hit weapon. just can't afford higher.
Yeah, weapons are expensive as hell. I tried looking up loh with +crit % and the prices are insane.
Old 07-03-12, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

My friend looks up stuff multiple times. If an auction is past 1d and 12 hours you don't really have to rush. Anything you see that is JUST listed, you need to check it out immediately. That is basically the only time you're going to get a good deal.
Old 07-04-12, 12:39 AM

Question on an item value for the AH...most likely for foxdvd

I just had the following item drop:
LVL 62 chest armor with a 380 armor value
66 STR
70 Resist All
3 sockets

I have no idea what to sell this at, and searching nets results between 500k and 20mil. Any suggestions??
Old 07-04-12, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I did a fast search it seemed like 1.2 million. Assuming if you have nothing else on it but what you listed.

Who knows it might sell faster if you went with 1 million even. It is not always easy to tell what something will sell for simply by listings.
Old 07-04-12, 01:39 AM

Thanks for the reply. The only other stat it has is another 37 fire resist. I guess I'll toss it up for a million and see what happens. I doubt anyone will buy it, I never seem to make a big score in the AH
Old 07-04-12, 01:52 AM

Quick questions, I just ordered a Collector's Edition from Amazon Warehouse. Do I need an unused cd key to play the game or is that just to unlock the CE content? Is the disc all I need?

Also, is there a way to check the key to see if it's valid without redeeming it?
Old 07-04-12, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by discostu1337
Thanks for the reply. The only other stat it has is another 37 fire resist. I guess I'll toss it up for a million and see what happens. I doubt anyone will buy it, I never seem to make a big score in the AH
Actually with fire resist it should sell. heck it might have even sold if you went with the 1.3 million since that one did not have fire resist on it and fire resist is a nice extra on an all resist piece.
Old 07-04-12, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Quick questions, I just ordered a Collector's Edition from Amazon Warehouse. Do I need an unused cd key to play the game or is that just to unlock the CE content? Is the disc all I need?

Also, is there a way to check the key to see if it's valid without redeeming it?
Yes you need an unused cd key in order to play the game. The CE key should unlock the game and give you the perks of the CE.

I guess you could call Blizzard and have them check to see if the cd key is unused.
Old 07-04-12, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by gcribbs
Yes you need an unused cd key in order to play the game. The CE key should unlock the game and give you the perks of the CE.

I guess you could call Blizzard and have them check to see if the cd key is unused.
Thanks. Looks like I'll need the cd key to play the game so I'll find out soon enough if it redeems or not. I had thought I might be able to sell off the extra digital goodies (if they hadn't been redeemed) to cover most of my game purchase but I guess not. Now I'm just hoping the key hasn't been redeemed so that I can play the game!

Thanks again for your input.
Old 07-04-12, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got the best level 53 ring I have ever seen.

+6-12 Damage
+20 Str
+58 Vit
+29 ALL Resist
+7% Att Speed
+17% Crit Damage
Plus a socket

I must admit this one has me stumped on value.
Old 07-04-12, 11:54 PM
gamer for life

so now that I am on hell with my demon hunter, and I am level 51, I am starting to mess around with life on hit...and I noticed I was not getting good return. I have about 1000 life on hit on him, but was only getting 200 or so a hit back...It was driving me crazy...so I switch out my attack from Hungering Arrow (with shatter shot) to Entangling Shot (shock collar) just to see what was going on...so at this point I was getting CRAZY life on hit..like 1600 each hit...

So it seems life on hit is all over the place with attacks...I found this link showing what I am talking about...

http://blackrabbit2999.blogspot.com/...fe-on-hit.html

so if you are going to use life on hit...be sure you use the right skill..this happens with all classes...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.