Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Old 07-07-12, 10:36 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

In inferno, if you are playing as a DH. you have got to get a couple of strong tanks otherwise you are dead before you know it
Old 07-08-12, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone up for garbage gathering tonight for the hope of actually getting something useful? Hit me up to do some Inferno.... my monk can tank but sucks doing damage
Old 07-08-12, 09:30 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ugabuga
anyone up for garbage gathering tonight for the hope of actually getting something useful? Hit me up to do some Inferno.... my monk can tank but sucks doing damage
what is your tag?
Old 07-09-12, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by ugabuga
might be taking the night off, but i may jump on. you know how to find me. so does fox. how convenient! we did well yesterday! it was just long...
Old 07-09-12, 03:07 PM
wlj

i made some decent profit on a bow. i saw it on the GAH for 5,000 gold and bought it. then i put it up and it sold in minutes for 200,000. not too shabby
Old 07-16-12, 08:19 AM
wlj

The GAH and RMAH have really gone south. Nothing sells on either for me any more. The number of players must have really taken a nose dive after the terrible patch.
Old 07-16-12, 08:32 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I sold a set item for $25 the other day, other than I haven't been able to unload anything.
Old 07-16-12, 08:46 AM

agreed. haven't sold anything in a while. my desire to play has dropped quite a bit in the last few weeks. the cost of trying to get through act 3 is just not worth it to me.

also, i can't figure out the benefit to playing multiplayer. the HP scale does not always match the amount of damage that the 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) player bring in. drops are no better with more people. aside from maybe a really good tank for my DH, i almost don't want anyone in the game. and it seems like only monks can tank at this point.

if anyone has any tips on getting a barb to be able to tank act 3 i'd love to know it. don't know what else i can do
Old 07-16-12, 09:37 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have lost the desire to play this game. I loved it. Easily game of the year. I have put over 200 hours into it. The problem is though, when you put over 30 fucking hours into trying to get better loot, and you get nothing....there is something wrong. They built a free to play model on top of Diablo. You are NEVER going to get loot on your own to finish Inferno. Fuck that...
Old 07-16-12, 10:28 AM

couldn't agree more fox. I don't feel like i can outgear this game. i was able to solo baal in an 8 player game in D2. now i can't even get past act 3? i know my gear isn't like uber elite, but its pretty damn good. getting one shotted by a regular enemy isn't the way to keep my attention
Old 07-16-12, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I dont play anymore either. It's too difficult to progress without spending real money. They made the RMAH way too ingrained in this game and it's going to hurt them in the long run.
Old 07-16-12, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i can't even make it past the 3rd mission in act 2 inferno.
it is ridiculously hard.
it is all about your gear and no skills are involved.
Old 07-16-12, 12:10 PM

only way i made it past act 2 was solo. if anyone else came in the game it was impossible. my friend did most of act 3 with the wizard, because my DH glass cannon couldn't do it.

still don't have a useful barb
Old 07-16-12, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by vballboy51
only way i made it past act 2 was solo. if anyone else came in the game it was impossible. my friend did most of act 3 with the wizard, because my DH glass cannon couldn't do it.

still don't have a useful barb
The problem with this game is that tanking requires super gear in a group since all the mobs take so much longer to kill. They need to lower the hp scaling and add a way for everyone to target the same mob. IE macros / targeting icons from WoW. While they're at it, they should probably add voice chat.

I am hoping that Blizzard decides to lower the repair costs because right now it's bs. The super geared are going to keep making millions while everyone else loses money on repairs and the AH. Gold is already useless since it seems like a lot of players treat 20 million as pocket change.

I have ~270 hours on my WD and I haven't really found anything that terrific. I found one set item and it decided to roll str and dex together...
Old 07-16-12, 01:11 PM

Yep agree with everyone's points so far. My Monk can tank but by the end of Act II Inferno I still die by elites and cannot do enough damage to kill them. When i go on boring Act I runs for items all it leads to is junk.

My WD is basically DOA even on Act I Inferno.

Lately even decent items i put up for 100G in gold aren't selling. At this point like many others i may play once in a while but this game is broken at this point to go beyond Hell.

Funny thing is... I'm not sure what the point is anyway. To get ot Inferno the game has been beat 3 times already so all in all kinda pointless. Its not like the AI gets smarter....just old-school cheap in that they get sick life, do ton of dmg, resistances are a joke, etc
Old 07-16-12, 02:56 PM
wlj

This is my first PC game that I have spent any significant time with. It is a very new experience for me since I have been a console gamer exclusively for the past 33 years. Blizzard has so much control over this game and they just do what they want whenever they want. That is so new to me. All developers make a few minor changes here and there with a patch, but Blizzard decides to do changes that alter the game in a major way. So far most of these changes have been for the worse.

I really enjoy playing this game and it frustrates me that Blizzard just will not let it be the game I want it to be.

Make the drops useful and exciting. in inferno, after surviving an extremely difficult elite pack -- I don't get excited seeing a 102 DPS level 52 crossbow. That is ridiculous. It is rare that I get a drop that I can use as an upgrade. I used to put up alot of this farmed gear on the GAH and use the proceeds to buy what I needed. Over the past few days this doesn't seem to be a viable option anymore. I have also noticed that I can't "flip" items on the GAH much anymore either. A couple of days ago I found some very nice extremely underpriced 2 handed bows on the GAH for cheap. I jumped on them quickly thinking I would be able to make a little profit. I didn't sell any of them. I put them up at fair buyouts. I wasn't putting them up for millions and millions like some idiots do. I put them up for 150,000 gold and they didn't move. So now I can't make any gold to buy better gear. I sure can't farm it. The best place to farm is inferno, but I don't have alot of gold so I am battling high repair costs to farm gear that I can't use or sell on the auction house. So what is the point to continue playing now?

It is very frustrating, because I love the game, at least the game it is supposed to be.

I definitely got my money's worth out of the game, I have around 125 hours in it. So I can't really complain about that. I was just hoping it would be that game that would keep me playing for years like Diablo 2 did for lots of folks(i never played it). I am sorry if this sounds like a whiney crybaby post, but it is just how I feel at the moment.
Old 07-16-12, 03:50 PM

To be fair, the reason many people played D2 for years is due to PVP. However, the dynamics have changed as D3 was made to be easier and more user-friendly to attract more users. Unfortunately, the game is so based on the AH for items that it really is pointless... and the reviews all share the same issues. Want a good laugh, read some of the Amazon reviews.
Old 07-16-12, 04:27 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

If all you do is play through one character class on normal, that's about 20 hours of gameplay -- or about twice what many AAA console games are offering these days. The fact that most of us got up to 100-200 hours before getting bored and/or frustrated is actually pretty damn amazing.

As for me, I'll be keeping an eye out for patches and/or expansions and firing up the game if and when something's significantly changed.
Old 07-16-12, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is very frustrating that the best way to get gear is to farm the Ah instead of farming bosses or mobs.

The Ah is dead at this point since so few people are playing. I have gotten to the point where I can farm Act 2 and only die sometimes yet since almost nothing I get is even worth selling I am not really making much profit due to high repair costs.
Old 07-17-12, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I turned the corner on this game. My DH can do A3 in groups pretty easily now. Did a run from siege breaker to the end and got 2 pieces of gear i should be able to sell for 10-20 mil. With the right gear everything becomes easier. Max our all resist and you can survive a lot longer. Ive found a certain joy in trying to kill those super tough packs.
Old 07-17-12, 03:45 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by Dash
I think I turned the corner on this game. My DH can do A3 in groups pretty easily now. Did a run from siege breaker to the end and got 2 pieces of gear i should be able to sell for 10-20 mil. With the right gear everything becomes easier. Max our all resist and you can survive a lot longer. Ive found a certain joy in trying to kill those super tough packs.

i can last a little longer in inferno with my DH since I upped all of her resists to 700. I used to always get one shotted, but it will take a few hits now to take me out. My problem is that I can't afford high resist and high damage gear so I can't kill the enemies as fast as I need to. My DPS is 40,000(with sharpshooter). I bought me a 1250 DPS 2 hand crossbow for $2.00 last night but i haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I have around $30 in blizzard bucks sitting around so I thought why the heck not...only 2 dollars

Am I on you friends list Dash? If not, please add me. Most of my friends have stopped playing so I am running out of co-op partners
Old 07-18-12, 08:04 AM

wlj, we still havent' played yet, but i think i've only seen you on once. i haven't been playing as much lately.

my barb is now a bit more tanky. I upped my life to about 62k and increased my resists from. it was a marked improvement. i beat beliel a while ago but for some reason don't have the act 3 quest, which makes me mad. i need to leverage my DH and get my barb into act 3 to try stuff out.

thanks for the idea on the DH wlj. i love my gear, but the lack of resists sucks. i have 295% crit hit dmg, but i think i'm going to have to sacrifice some of that for resists
Old 07-18-12, 08:36 AM
wlj

wlj, we still havent' played yet, but i think i've only seen you on once. i haven't been playing as much lately.

my barb is now a bit more tanky. I upped my life to about 62k and increased my resists from. it was a marked improvement. i beat beliel a while ago but for some reason don't have the act 3 quest, which makes me mad. i need to leverage my DH and get my barb into act 3 to try stuff out.

thanks for the idea on the DH wlj. i love my gear, but the lack of resists sucks. i have 295% crit hit dmg, but i think i'm going to have to sacrifice some of that for resists

we definitely need to get together. i have not played in a couple of days. I visit the AH daily to see if anything sells, but I haven't played. The only level 60 character I have is my DH, but if you have a strong tank I should be able to help some. For some reason my new bow purchase has been in review for the past 2 days and I haven't been able to use it to see how much my DPS goes up. I am at 40,000 dps (with SS). i am hoping that the new bow will take me to 50,000. It really improved my game to have the high resist gear. Most DH's don't go that route, but I was not able to survive at all in inferno before.
Old 07-18-12, 08:51 AM

yea, i'm at 95k dmg, but one hit and i'm dead. need to balance it out some. but man is it fun
Old 07-18-12, 09:05 AM
wlj

yea, i'm at 95k dmg, but one hit and i'm dead. need to balance it out some. but man is it fun

my hp is around 19,000, armor is near 4,000, and all of my resists are near 700. I am not sure how much higher I can get the resists. almost every piece of gear I have is +60 all resist -- my boots are +73 I think. I don't see how I can get much higher than where I am. My prob now is just trying to increase my damage while keeping the same level of resists, but that is a very expensive thing to do. i am not gonna buy anything on the RMAH for over 3 or 4 dollars, and that is just because I have some blizzard bucks on my account. I don't have alot of gold to pay the 1 bazillion gold prices that some of these idiots charge. I am just gonna do the best I can. I am hoping they will reduce repair costs in the next patch. I just barely break even playing inferno.

I am working on bringing a Barb up to 60, I am at level 37 now. However I don't have alot of time to play so I just concentrate on my lv 60 DH for the most part.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.