Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-12, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by Dash
i might need to borrow one of you tanks for a3 inferno on grom. i cant get past him, 400 all res, 30k hp and 102k dps and he works me. life is hard as a DH
I'm fairly certain you're supposed to kite him around the perimeter of the room around the pillars.
Old 07-02-12, 08:30 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
yeah, I would say you need near 1000 starting nightmare...and about 3000 starting hell..

my level 31 Barb may have some trouble then. i think i am only at around 500 DPS with him. However that help you gave me with the "life on hit" stuff was very helpful. When we took on Diablo saturday night i didn't get close to dying. I felt like Dolph Lundgren. I even told Diablo -- "I must break you" and I did!

with my luck, blizzard will nerf "life on hit"

Last edited by wlj; 07-02-12 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-02-12, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

My friend and I decided to have some fun with the game so we made a bet. We are going to play on hardcore with the worst character (in our opinion), the witch doctor. Only in co-op together. First to die owes the other one something. We haven't settled what we are betting on yet, but we both think it will be a fun way to breath some life into the game.
Old 07-02-12, 09:18 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
my level 31 Barb may have some trouble then. i think i am only at around 500 DPS with him. However that help you gave me with the "life on hit" stuff was very helpful. When we took on Diablo saturday night i didn't get close to dying. I felt like Dolph Lundgren. I even told Diablo -- "I must break you" and I did!

with my luck, blizzard will nerf "life on hit"
I think a barb is better off than other classes having less dps...but it would not hurt to get that up near 1000...

I am afraid they are going to nerf life on hit...but deep down I don't think they will...(which means they will...lol) They announced the attack speed nerf before the RMAH went live. I think even though they seem to make choices that piss everyone off, they don't want to do it again after the attack speed nerf....especially having not announced it before people spent money. Also, the reason they claimed they nerfed attack speed was not because of the bonus dps...but the other things it did like spirit generation, more life on hit and other powers it helped....life on hit is just that...life on hit.
Old 07-02-12, 09:20 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Deftones
My friend and I decided to have some fun with the game so we made a bet. We are going to play on hardcore with the worst character (in our opinion), the witch doctor. Only in co-op together. First to die owes the other one something. We haven't settled what we are betting on yet, but we both think it will be a fun way to breath some life into the game.
My friend and I did this with our hardcore characters...the first that dies has to put 20 bucks in their battle.net account and buy what ever the winner wants off the RMAH...
Old 07-02-12, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

My friend and I did this with our hardcore characters...the first that dies has to put 20 bucks in their battle.net account and buy what ever the winner wants off the RMAH...
oh fuck that noise. i'm not spending $250 on my buddy because he wants something from the AH.

I think we'll just bet some beer or something.
Old 07-02-12, 09:42 AM
wlj

Here is my build for my level 31 Barbarian. Please tell me what changes i need to make

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Qij!acd!abZaaa
Old 07-02-12, 10:15 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Deftones
oh fuck that noise. i'm not spending $250 on my buddy because he wants something from the AH.

I think we'll just bet some beer or something.
not 250...20..lol

beer works as well though
Old 07-02-12, 10:22 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by wlj
Here is my build for my level 31 Barbarian. Please tell me what changes i need to make

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Qij!acd!abZaaa
the thing that stands out is your passives...I would change those up. Ruthless
is a good one to get your damage up big time..nerves of steel is a good way to get your armor up...and weapons master is great, especially if you are using mace/axe for that extra 10% crit chance...

also consider having cleave as your main attack, but have frenzy as your right click..that way when you get a boss...or rare enemy you can go to town with them with frenzy...or even switch out your attacks to get your attack speed up 75% and then switch to your cleave for 5 seconds then back to frenzy...
Old 07-02-12, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I am one of the biggest Diablo fans, played the hell out of 1-LoD, but I think the AH has taken too much fun out of this game. I was sick this weekend and had most of the day yesterday to play, but after a couple of hours I logged off, and I think the fact that I know anything that drops is going to suck for me (I swear Blizz sees what your toon is and drops gear for any other class) and the AH is about the only way to upgrade. I am still enjoying the game, but knowing that seeing that RoJ drop (especially that second one) is not going to have the same impact.
Old 07-02-12, 12:06 PM
gamer for life

I know what you are saying. Especially once you get to level 60, and have a build that can survive inferno, you are just not going to get drops that are better than what you have. You can play 50 hours and MAYBE get something that is better...My motivation for playing is new classes and hardcore at this point.

They don't need to improve drop rates, they need to improve stats on the drops that happen. They won't though because that will hurt the RMAH...
Old 07-02-12, 12:36 PM

I know what you are saying. Especially once you get to level 60, and have a build that can survive inferno, you are just not going to get drops that are better than what you have. You can play 50 hours and MAYBE get something that is better...My motivation for playing is new classes and hardcore at this point.

They don't need to improve drop rates, they need to improve stats on the drops that happen. They won't though because that will hurt the RMAH...
I've begun to wonder if I should even identify anymore level 63 items. Based on the rolls I've gotten so far, I think I am better off just trying to sell unidentified loot.

I think I am going to start a new character. Anyone have any opinions on which class is the best for Inferno? I currently have a Witch Doctor and have yet to play any other class.

Last edited by Krayzie; 07-02-12 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-02-12, 01:00 PM
wlj

the thing that stands out is your passives...I would change those up. Ruthless
is a good one to get your damage up big time..nerves of steel is a good way to get your armor up...and weapons master is great, especially if you are using mace/axe for that extra 10% crit chance...

also consider having cleave as your main attack, but have frenzy as your right click..that way when you get a boss...or rare enemy you can go to town with them with frenzy...or even switch out your attacks to get your attack speed up 75% and then switch to your cleave for 5 seconds then back to frenzy...

thanks man! i will make those changes tonight.

Originally Posted by Cusm
I am one of the biggest Diablo fans, played the hell out of 1-LoD, but I think the AH has taken too much fun out of this game. I was sick this weekend and had most of the day yesterday to play, but after a couple of hours I logged off, and I think the fact that I know anything that drops is going to suck for me (I swear Blizz sees what your toon is and drops gear for any other class) and the AH is about the only way to upgrade. I am still enjoying the game, but knowing that seeing that RoJ drop (especially that second one) is not going to have the same impact.

I will agree with you. This will hurt the longevity quite a bit. I never played D2, but I know that lots of people played that game for years. D3 won't have that life span unless the expansions really improve the game. Blizzard won't make the loot drops much better because they want you to spend actual money on items to fatten their already huge pockets. That is a shame, but that is the kind of world we live in. Once I get all the characters to 60 I will have had enough I am sure. Since you don't get good loot for the most part there is no incentive to play much after you hit 60. I hit a brick wall with my level 60 DH with the inferno difficulty and extreme repair costs. I am spending whatever gold i bring in to fix my gear. That wouldn't be so bad if I had a decent chance of getting loot drops that I could really use. however that happens rarely. So I just shelved her for now and I am working on my barbarian.

Last edited by wlj; 07-02-12 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-02-12, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
I will agree with you. This will hurt the longevity quite a bit. I never played D2, but I know that lots of people played that game for years. D3 won't have that life span unless the expansions really improve the game. Blizzard won't make the loot drops much better because they want you to spend actual money on items to fatten their already huge pockets. That is a shame, but that is the kind of world we live in. Once I get all the characters to 60 I will have had enough I am sure. Since you don't get good loot for the most part there is no incentive to play much after you hit 60. I hit a brick wall with my level 60 DH with the inferno difficulty and extreme repair costs. I am spending whatever gold i bring in to fix my gear. That wouldn't be so bad if I had a decent chance of getting loot drops that I could really use. however that happens rarely. So I just shelved her for now and I am working on my barbarian.
I solo'd Normal Diablo yesterday (2nd time to take him on) and after my 2nd run got him down and all I got was about 4-5 blues not one yellow drop. This irritates me that the few bosses I have taken down, the main one yeilded me nothing usuable or AH worthy.
Old 07-02-12, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dash
i might need to borrow one of you tanks for a3 inferno on grom. i cant get past him, 400 all res, 30k hp and 102k dps and he works me. life is hard as a DH
i'd be willing to give this a whirl. especially if you have that much DPS. look for me on bnet. i really want to see your gear on your DH since mine is "only" at around 60k DPS
Old 07-02-12, 02:38 PM
gamer for life

my guess is that dps is listed with sharpshooter...which really gives a false dps on your DH...
Old 07-02-12, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so i'm getting worked pretty hard as a barbarian on nightmare act 3. i've got about 1300 dps.

in regards to my armor, what's most important? health, damage, resistance, armor value? my life just gets shredded in any sort of poison or desecrate and i'm often stunned and can't move, and just die.

took me a while to beat ghom.

right now i'm using a 1h sword and a shield. it was the best weapon i could find without breaking the bank. I was pretty good up until the end of act 2 and since then i die A LOT and use a lot of potions. never had much problem with my witch doctor or demon hunter.

i use frenzy, whirlwind, cleave, call of the ancients, stun, and whichever is the one that makes you crazy big and powerful for like 20 seconds.

do i need to change that? passives i use are relentless, weapons master, and brawler. i'm lvl46.
Old 07-02-12, 02:40 PM

Wow, "flipped" my first decent item today in the AH. Was looking at bracers and spotted some with 75 resist all and some other stats for 35k. Snatched them up and re-listed at 750k and they already sold...not bad!

Now if only people would buy my damn old swords that I replaced with better upgrades, I'd be in business.
Old 07-02-12, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by deadlax
in regards to my armor, what's most important? health, damage, resistance, armor value? my life just gets shredded in any sort of poison or desecrate and i'm often stunned and can't move, and just die.
I have found that armor value on items does jack shit. I recently wasted 250k in the AH on some pants that would double my armor from around 300 to 700. It actually made some of my stats go down, and i gained like .24% to block damage. Find items with lots of STR and VIT etc, and don't pay any attention to the armor rating.
Old 07-02-12, 02:46 PM
gamer for life

er is the one that makes you crazy big and powerful for like 20 seconds.

do i need to change that? passives i use are relentless, weapons master, and brawler. i'm lvl46.
give up your shield...grab the 2 best 1 handed weapons you can buy with life on hit...and sockets...then socket them with the best life on hit gem you can get. Try to get your life on hit at least to 500 a hit...problem solved...

Also, have leap in your skills..it is a great get out of jail move when you are behind a wall...or on lava...
Old 07-02-12, 02:46 PM

so i'm getting worked pretty hard as a barbarian on nightmare act 3. i've got about 1300 dps.

took me a while to beat ghom.

right now i'm using a 1h sword and a shield. it was the best weapon i could find without breaking the bank. I was pretty good up until the end of act 2 and since then i die A LOT and use a lot of potions. never had much problem with my witch doctor or demon hunter.

i use frenzy, whirlwind, cleave, call of the ancients, stun, and whichever is the one that makes you crazy big and powerful for like 20 seconds.

check out skills that give you back life. i use revenge with its rune - don't remember the name right now. also when you get up higher there is the furious charge rune that gives you life. i find revenge to be really helpful.
Old 07-02-12, 02:49 PM
gamer for life

and to add..you are level 46..so it is better to spend your money on a good gem with life on hit (the 105 life on hit gem I think is about 30,000 gold) than a weapon at this point...don't spend more than 20,000 gold on your two weapons because level 51 is that magic level where dps goes up huge..and you will need to upgrade again soon..
Old 07-02-12, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah, as someone who played wow for a long time up until a few years ago i refuse to pay for good items til i hit my level cap. i've just been trying to pick up what i can or spend less than 5k on something if it's an upgrade.
Old 07-02-12, 02:53 PM
gamer for life

yeah, as someone who played wow for a long time up until a few years ago i refuse to pay for good items til i hit my level cap. i've just been trying to pick up what i can or spend less than 5k on something if it's an upgrade.
the only thing I can say is that the gems are a good buy because you can sell them for what you paid for in seconds after you are done with them...so in that sense, if you spent 60000 on a life on hit gem that does 190 life on hit...you can take it with you up to level 60...or sell it back when you are done for what you paid...
Old 07-02-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so nothing but looking for life on hit? are there any other stats that would be of tremendous help? i feel like it should be easier at this point. i'm not really "new" to these sorts of games.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.