Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-12, 11:55 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

if the rumors are to be believed the nerf on attack speed is going to cost me about 8000-10000 dps. Anyone who spent 250 bucks on a weapon on the rmah is fixing to have a bad day if they nerf attack speed on weapons, as some say they are, because 75% of those over 1000dps weapons are that way because of built in attack speed.
Old 06-17-12, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

yeah, that's why my buddy is at like 25k and i'm at 15k. his attack speed is like 20%
Old 06-17-12, 01:38 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

You guys weren't kidding about Act 2 Inferno. I can handle Butcher runs pretty comfortably, but Act 2 is nothing but death, crying, and pain. I think Inferno Act I --> Act II marks the biggest difficulty hike in the game.
Old 06-17-12, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So who wants to donate to the "Help Discostu upgrade his Staff of Herding to Hell" fund? I just can not make enough gold in this game to do anything. How the hell do people have millions? I sell everything I can find in the auction house (provided people actually buy it) and am at level 60. The most gold I have ever had was 400K.
Old 06-17-12, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

That is about where I am at Stu.
Old 06-17-12, 06:04 PM

It's kind of annoying, the gold dropping does not really scale well through the various difficulties. I would expect a minimum of 1k gold dropping every time on Inferno difficulty, yet I still see 50-100 gold piles.
Old 06-17-12, 06:05 PM

Side note, fuck the groups of 3-4 purple flying enemies with the fire chain, regenerating health, and teleportation. Those things take me around 10 respawns to kill if I'm lucky. I killed Diablo in 1 try...something is not right.
Old 06-17-12, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by discostu1337
So who wants to donate to the "Help Discostu upgrade his Staff of Herding to Hell" fund? I just can not make enough gold in this game to do anything. How the hell do people have millions? I sell everything I can find in the auction house (provided people actually buy it) and am at level 60. The most gold I have ever had was 400K.
having done this - i bought goldfind gear (just a bunch of stuff, got it up to about 100%) and ran act 3 hell. all those little guys love dropping gold. i'm in the "who wants to help vball get to act 4 inferno to buy the inferno staff", but oddly no one wants too. probably because act 2 sucks monkey balls
Old 06-17-12, 10:22 PM

I just ran the start of act 3 and got about 15K in 10 minutes with 0% gold find. Does buying armor to raise it up past 100% really net me much more gold, or would i have spent any profit on the armor itself?
Old 06-17-12, 10:24 PM

I don't ever equip gold find gear, but I do see a noticeable jump as I accumulate NV stacks.
Old 06-18-12, 12:26 AM
gamer for life

I never have less than a million gold at any given moment...if I get low I spend a few moments buying and reselling on the auction house...it went through a dry spell for a while, but it seems to be hot again. I can turn 300,000 gold in profit in less than an hour...only spending maybe 15 minutes of that time actually on the auction house...and the rest playing the game..(I take breaks every 10 minutes to check what has sold and buy new stuff)

Last edited by foxdvd; 06-18-12 at 01:06 AM.
Old 06-18-12, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm pretty sure i'm always under 100k
Old 06-18-12, 01:06 AM
gamer for life

search for level 51 weapons with sockets under 20,000 gold...make sure they are rare..if any pop up over 250dps buy it..and sell it for 40,000 at least (gets over 260 go for 70,000)
Old 06-18-12, 05:44 AM

Is there a pricing guide anywhere? People are always throwing up items in General Chat for an "Antiques Roadshow" assessment, and there always seems to be quick consensus on how much it's "worth". Yet, I have no idea. If I have an item to auction and I search for similar items in the AH, the prices always vary from extremely cheap to ridiculously expensive.

What this game needs is a "recently sold" function that tells you how much items like yours have sold for in the past. They have this for commodities, but not for items. I realize stats are randomized, but they can do things in ranges. "A 500 dps weapons with 100-125 str sells for __________".
Old 06-18-12, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

That is a feature sorely missing from the auction h ouse. You can't really judge what an item will go for when all you are seeing is items that haven't sold.
Old 06-18-12, 10:25 AM

I'm right with you guys - just lvl'd my WD to 60 finally but am utterly broke can barely repair lol. Not rdy for Inferno yet as i am still having probs with hell last act.
Old 06-18-12, 11:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've hit a wall in early Act 1 Inferno. The part where you search the three crypts under the cemetery. Up to that point is not a problem, but each crypt has an elite pack at the beginning, and I die quick. Not enough room for me to kite them. I've tried using my best DPS gear (32k), and I've tried using my best resist gear (370ish). As you can see, my gear is pretty bad, because neither set worked. Anyway, any of you other Demon Hunters have any advice? I don't have much gold, so I'll try the buy/sell method mentioned by foxdvd.
Old 06-18-12, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Imprint
I've hit a wall in early Act 1 Inferno. The part where you search the three crypts under the cemetery. Up to that point is not a problem, but each crypt has an elite pack at the beginning, and I die quick. Not enough room for me to kite them. I've tried using my best DPS gear (32k), and I've tried using my best resist gear (370ish). As you can see, my gear is pretty bad, because neither set worked. Anyway, any of you other Demon Hunters have any advice? I don't have much gold, so I'll try the buy/sell method mentioned by foxdvd.
i regularly do my MF runs in those crypts and rarely run into major issues. might be build vs equipment. i have less dps than that and do just fine. look for me online and we'll talk
Old 06-18-12, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I've finally gotten to hell on my barbarian, and sucking at it so far.

I think other than one imp out of a group of 4 who I was able to get alone, I haven't killed any of the blue or yellow mobs yet. I end up running around them. I think my main problem is that my resistances are pretty crap, and they all seem to have a pool of poison or fire aroudn them. Nightmare was actually generally pretty easy by the end (although The Prime Evil did take me three tries, but that was just a matter of figuring out the right setup).
Old 06-18-12, 12:47 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Ginwen
I've finally gotten to hell on my barbarian, and sucking at it so far.

I think other than one imp out of a group of 4 who I was able to get alone, I haven't killed any of the blue or yellow mobs yet. I end up running around them. I think my main problem is that my resistances are pretty crap, and they all seem to have a pool of poison or fire aroudn them. Nightmare was actually generally pretty easy by the end (although The Prime Evil did take me three tries, but that was just a matter of figuring out the right setup).
checking your character, the biggest thing that stands out is your dps of 700 is not good enough for hell. You should have at least twice that. When are you getting on again? I got some stuff for you that will double your dps and raise your armor....
Old 06-18-12, 12:48 PM

I found out how to make some pretty fast gold and collect a few yellow items each time. I bought some gold find gear that puts me at around +160%. Then I play the secret level on Nightmare difficulty and kill every enemy but do not open any of the clouds/pots/mushrooms. Since I'm level 60, I get a +15% gold/magic find bonus every time I kill a blue/yellow mob/enemy. By the end of the dungeon I'm usually around +240% gold find. Then, I walk the dungeon a second time opening everything an collecting the loot. Takes about 15 minutes and nets me around 35-45K and 3 yellow items.

I think I'll buy the Hell staff and see if I get better loot, but the enemies may be too strong for me with my shitty gold find gear.
Old 06-18-12, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by discostu1337
I found out how to make some pretty fast gold and collect a few yellow items each time. I bought some gold find gear that puts me at around +160%. Then I play the secret level on Nightmare difficulty and kill every enemy but do not open any of the clouds/pots/mushrooms. Since I'm level 60, I get a +15% gold/magic find bonus every time I kill a blue/yellow mob/enemy. By the end of the dungeon I'm usually around +240% gold find. Then, I walk the dungeon a second time opening everything an collecting the loot. Takes about 15 minutes and nets me around 35-45K and 3 yellow items.

I think I'll buy the Hell staff and see if I get better loot, but the enemies may be too strong for me with my shitty gold find gear.
The gold/magic find from NF only works on bosses currently, not on random loot. Supposedly anyways

Originally Posted by foxdvd
checking your character, the biggest thing that stands out is your dps of 700 is not good enough for hell. You should have at least twice that. When are you getting on again? I got some stuff for you that will double your dps and raise your armor....
This is true

After looking at your character I would also like to add that you should probably either go sword and board or a 2 hander. The offhand may give you a bit of a small dps boost but a shield would be so much better survivability wise. Especially if you get a better 1 hander.
Old 06-18-12, 01:15 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by glassdragon
The gold/magic find from NF only works on bosses currently, not on random loot. Supposedly anyways

This is true

After looking at your character I would also like to add that you should probably either go sword and board or a 2 hander. The offhand may give you a bit of a small dps boost but a shield would be so much better survivability wise. Especially if you get a better 1 hander.

actually I was going to recommend a one hand and shield...I went through my stuff, and spent a few thousand gold on the auction house.. When he gets on he should have 3 to 4 times the dps...much more armor..a lot more hit points...and some other better stats..he will have no problem after that..
Old 06-18-12, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have online character profiles now?
Old 06-18-12, 01:44 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by cartman
They have online character profiles now?
I logged into the game and viewed his character...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.