Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-16, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

I thought the interface for the skill tree was a big difference between the PC and console versions or did they change that recently?
Old 07-20-16, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The skill tree is on PC is different than the PS3
Old 07-29-16, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Interesting.....

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/...for_diablo_iii

Four Years Later and Blizzard Is Still Working on Updates for Diablo III

Blizzard's currently working on yet another update for Diablo III, which is set to launch in the relatively near future. Patch 2.4.2 will introduce three new difficulty levels - namely Torment XI, XII, and XIII - and naturally, you'll be able to nab better and better loot as long as you're strong enough to tackle them. The grind just never ends, does it?

The developer will also be making various tweaks to existing legendary and set equipment, class abilities, and general gameplay. For starters, you'll be guaranteed at least one Greater Rift Key upon completing a standard Rift, and on Torment IV and above, Infernal Machines will have a 100 per cent drop rate - every little helps and all that. If you're after the full patch notes, you can find them through here.

I really do need to get back in this if not just a little.....
Old 07-29-16, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still play this at least once a week for a rift run, trying to make my sets.
Old 07-29-16, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The Four Years Later headline is funny, since it shouldn't be surprising. Patches still come out for Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3.
Old 08-01-16, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Seems Blizzard has put the word out they are looking for a new game director for an upcoming Diablo Project.
Old 11-02-16, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For now a rumor or a possibility.....

Rumour: Diablo III May Be Getting a New Playable Character Class

Diablo III, also known as The Game That Keeps on Giving, may be getting a brand new character class at some point. The speculation is based on a piece of concept art that's signed by Blizzard art director John Mueller, and features two necromancers raising the dead. The picture was found on one of the company's servers, and once it was discovered, it was quickly removed - but not before fans had the chance to save copies of it.
While there's no absolute way of knowing that the art has anything to do with Diablo, it seems like a pretty reasonable guess, especially since there was a Necromancer class in Diablo II, but it was cut for the third game in favour of the Witch Doctor class.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/...haracter_class

It's the 20th anniversary of the franchise, Blizzcon is this week.....so who knows if this is Diablo III or as some have said, maybe part of a Diablo IV announcement.....
Old 11-02-16, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm still playing the 360 version, lol in very sporadic spurts. My last character , a wizard is gunning for level 70 (for the 6 classes at level 70 achievement) and now at level 68 (and a 1/2). After that happens (100%ing), I'm half tempted to go get the Xbox One version...but probably won't...I've probably poured in about 150-200 hours into it. It's time to move on, new class or no new class.
Old 11-02-16, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still go back from time-to-time.....I've got all of the characters to 70...long ago....and storage including my "mules' are maxed, resources spilling out....over 100 mil in gold or above....almost most of the major outfits, etc....but there are places, new and old I haven't been to and items I still haven't got. If it weren't for the cheaters and idiots who came into games with modded gear, I'd do more public for fun. Still...there are plenty playing and looking for hard core to casual.
Old 11-02-16, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Haven't played since the beginning of Season 3 on the PC. Had a lot of fun and put several hundred hours into it, but I've moved on.

If there's an announcement at Blizzcon I hope it's Diablo IV. And if if there is a Diablo IV, I hope they retcon the story somehow so that Deckard Cain is still alive.
Old 11-03-16, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by shizawn
And if if there is a Diablo IV, I hope they retcon the story somehow so that Deckard Cain is still alive.
Or that Deckard Cain has been resurrected as the ULTIMATE EVIL. There is a plot twist dying to be written. (or maybe not)
Old 11-04-16, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, the first Diablo in the Diablo III engine. Could be interesting. Wonder how it'll look. I loved how difficult it was to seen enemies around the corner because of how dark things were, but that doesn't mesh with Diablo III's engine. But if it works well, then maybe we'll see Diablo II done this way as well.

Also, the Necromancer is coming back, though as a DLC.

Edit: Disappointed there's no Diablo IV announcement, but if it's in the works, maybe it's just too far out to announce anything.

Last edited by shizawn; 11-04-16 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-04-16, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Never played the first one and the bit using a special filter to make everything more grainy...well we'll see. Two new expansions being added to Adventure Mode along with the Necromancer as DLC might be good but just states in 2017....not sure how that will be received but I'm sure many will ask what about more storage space which they bumped a little but that go swallowed up with more stuff you have to get like the legendary potions and other items

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-04-16 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-04-16, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some information regarding the Necromancer:

The Necromancer will be a new playable hero, available as both, male and female characters.
They will be available in the "Rise of the Necromancer Pack", which will also include a pet, two new character slots, and two new stash tabs. along with a portrait frame, pennant, banner shape, and sigil.
The pack will release some time in the second half of 2017, it will not be free, though the price is unknown as of yet.
Old 11-05-16, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One more thing I saw was the inclusion of a "Armory"....

Yes, the Armory is finally coming to Diablo 3 at long last. Similar to the World of Warcraft version, the Armory in Diablo 3 is an equipment manager that can store various load outs and allows players to switch between them on the fly. In this case, the Armory can store up to five load outs, each of which can be given a name in order to make them easier to remember. In addition to the regular slew of weapons and armor sets you’re likely to store, the Diablo 3 Armory can also be used to keep tabs on all your passives, Kanai’s Cube Powers, and Legendary Gems. Much like Rise of the Necromancer, the Armory will only be available sometime during 2017, likely before the launch of the DLC pack.

http://geeksnack.com/diablo-20th-ann...blizzcon-2016/
Old 11-12-16, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts

Kenny, check your in game mailbox. I avenged your death and sent you something.
Old 11-14-16, 06:42 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Diablo One 16 level dungeon was fun, but not really something you will want to play more than once or twice...

I am still shocked they continue to come out with new legendary items, and changes to builds. With the addition of a new character, I expect another 60-70 new legendary items added to the game.
Old 11-14-16, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
Kenny, check your in game mailbox. I avenged your death and sent you something.
Thanks.....went I started last week my mailbox was completely empty. The first day I played I must have sent (6) items via mail; just not sure who on my list is even playing.

There are some areas I still haven't done or gotten around to; like "The Keys" to do those special areas to get an ingredient to drop to make the Hellfire. I could never get some friends to farm and run it. I do hope the new stuff and update doesn't come too late next year. Besides the new character I'm looking forward to Seasons and the Armory which will make it far easier to make and save sets for various plays.
Old 12-30-16, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Blizzard Celebrates 20 Years of Diablo

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/2040...blo-12-28-2016

Diablo III:

Recapture the feeling of your first play through of the original Diablo with The Darkening of Tristram tribute event. Venture through a reimagined version of the original cathedral in Diablo III and keep an eye out for some familiar items.
Old 01-04-17, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

The 20 year anniversary event went live today. I just tried it out on my PS4 ... got slaughtered on the first floor.
Old 01-04-17, 03:44 PM

The X1 and PS4 versions of Diablo III Ultimate Evil are now $20 at Gamestop. I was tempted to go get a X1 copy but after 100%ing the 360 version, I just can't do that to myself again LOL. (especially since achievements don't carry over). But just FYI.
Old 01-04-17, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Last week on the PS Store it was $20.00. I've seen a lot more newer postings on the official Diablo Forums at Battlenet...with a lot asking for help like power leveling or with certain bosses. I DL the patch/dlc at lunch while home and will check it out when I get home after work. From what some veterans are saying you do need to do this with a low level character which I've got some character mules I can take thru.

I also checked and there are some new challenges in the listing to. I'd like to get back into it and offered a few I'd play...non-HC but for rifts and greater rifts. My freaking inventory is full all over. I use to get "Mail" about every other day when friends played but not much of anything...everyone has moved on.

I will say there is one game coming to the consoles that is out on the PC and has been under the radar yet shows a lot of promise for Diablo fans. Release is after mid year but here it is....

Old 01-05-17, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts

Blizzard is having a 20th Anniversary sale.

Diablo 3 - $9.99
Diablo 3 : Reaper of Souls - $9.99
Diablo 3 Battle Chest Bundle - $19.99

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/diablo

In addition, the physical game with box is the same price at Game Stop and they have the Ultimate Evil editions for X1 and PS4 for $19.99 each as well.
Old 01-06-17, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

that's a heck of a deal right there....

I'm playing again a bit and checking the official forums at battlenet...once in awhile seeing someone looking for an item. But two of us who have played together since it came out on the 360...we moved to the PS4...have ran into an issue where we cannot play with each other without being kicked in 5-7 seconds. But we can play with other friends; not with each other....

If anyone picks it up or gets back in, need help, company or looking for items just let me know.
Old 04-29-17, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I picked this up (Ultimate Evil) on sale a couple weeks ago. I had played through D3 base on 360 and wanted to revisit it.
Questions: the expansion basically adds a new character, and a new act?
Seasons - this is time limited gaming? I have to use a new seasons character each season?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.