Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band: Official Thread of Never Gets Old Part 7 (and some RB2 talk)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread of Never Gets Old Part 7 (and some RB2 talk)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-08, 02:35 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by edstein
I thought someone asked about RB1 songs on RB2. Oh yeah, it was me.
Hey! I brought it up in the last RB thread, and people laughed at me for suggesting it.

(okay...maybe they didn't laugh...)
Old 07-04-08, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Flabbergasting. Really great that Harmonix/EA would do that. It's just another way to sway people on the fence that never bought RB1.

Very cool.
Old 07-04-08, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep, FANTASTIC if it's true. If anyone's trying to get 'Flawless Singing' but hasn't managed yet then sing Debaser on Expert. That song is all spoken/has no pitch for any of the words. Playing w/ my son and decided to sing that and I didn't realize it was that simple since I had only played drums And guitar on it.
Old 07-05-08, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Someone over on rockband.com posted a supposed message from an IGN editor on IGN Insider that says that RB1 on-disc songs will be available as a free download when RB2 comes out. Could be a pipedream, but here it is.
This was debunked over at IGN and stated that the editor who wrote it hasn't even actually seen RB2 yet.

I have decided that I will not be posting any more rumors, and will wait for the official news from E3, so as not to be spreading falsities and getting people hyped up for nothing.
Old 07-05-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bah, nice job, IGN.
Old 07-05-08, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This was debunked over at IGN and stated that the editor who wrote it hasn't even actually seen RB2 yet.

I have decided that I will not be posting any more rumors, and will wait for the official news from E3, so as not to be spreading falsities and getting people hyped up for nothing.
I hope the editor who wrote it is now unemployed.
Old 07-05-08, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No big deal. From a business standpoint, there were strong financial arguments either way.

I don't mind swapping out discs.
Old 07-05-08, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I never chimed in because I didn't believe it for a second, especially the free bit. Aren't people sick of the main setlist by now anyway? Is swapping discs that big of a problem?
Old 07-05-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I never chimed in because I didn't believe it for a second, especially the free bit. Aren't people sick of the main setlist by now anyway? Is swapping discs that big of a problem?
There are still songs in the main setlist that I enjoy playing, and I haven't even finished up drums yet, so there's always that.

Also, swapping discs does not make for a good platform. I want all my songs accessible in one place. I think there's going to be something in place to allow me to do that, I just don't know what. I don't mind paying $1 a song or $40 for all of it, if that's the only way. I've already spent shitloads, what's a little more?

$180 - Full Rock Band Kit
$40 - Drum Throne
$20 - Mic Stand
$80 - DLC
$80 - Rock Band Drum Kit (they still haven't sent my RMA'd one back)
$15 - Anti-Vibe Sticks
$70 - Les Paul (my original from GH3 broke)

I'm already almost $500 deep, so what's another $50 or so?

Last edited by Shagrath; 07-05-08 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-05-08, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
yow. I don't think I've spent that much, but I still don't want to add mine up.
More songs is better, so I would want access to RB1 songs with RB2. Plus that ties in to the 'platform' view. I don't want to have to swap disks, but I also don't want to pay money to access the on-disk tracks I already own in RB1. As someone who bought the game on launch day, I also wouldn't necessarily want them to release all the RB1 tracks to anyone, including people who have only bought RB2, for free. I know that's a little selfish, but that's how I feel.
Free download if you own RB1, fine. Discounted tracks if you don't own RB1, fine. With the advances they've made in digital content, there would have to be a way to make it work. Even using software on RB2 disk to copy the tracks (maybe a user-selectable list of tracks) from the RB1 disk to the hard drive...though I'm not sure what would be done if the owner doesn't have a hard drive.
Old 07-05-08, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, swapping discs does not make for a good platform. I want all my songs accessible in one place. I think there's going to be something in place to allow me to do that, I just don't know what. I don't mind paying $1 a song or $40 for all of it, if that's the only way. I've already spent shitloads, what's a little more?
Bingo. If you promote it as a platform, the most mainstream songs of the series shouldn't be relegated to an out-of-date disc. It's not about the action of disc swapping. There are truly some songs that I will never get tired of, and I'd prefer to play them in the game as much if not more than a lot of my DLC.

I would totally be fine with paying a little bit to get Gimme Shelter along with what one would assume to be more Stones' tracks on the way, to group Foreplay/Longtime with the Boston pack, to keep Won't Get Fooled Again with The Who pack (and probably Pinball Wizard), etc. If you spent $19 on Doolittle, does it make sense to have to lose WoM in the next game?
Old 07-05-08, 05:52 PM

dont know if this has been posted but here are the rumored songs for RB2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAVnYWUpw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRW0yeMGczM
Old 07-05-08, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Spoiler:
Bad to the Bone
Pinball Wizard
Ace of Spades
The Trees
SPIRIT IN THE SKY
RAMBLIN MAN
Carry On Wayward Son
Peace Sells
Livin on a Prayer
Round and Round
All Right Now
Any Way You Want It
Give It Away
White Wedding
BODHISATTIVA
American Woman
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG NO WAY.

Pardon me, I think I'm going to go pass out.
Old 07-05-08, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That list is a classic rock epic win.

Bodhisattiva + Anyway You Want it + Carry On + Living on a Prayer = Wohmygod.
Old 07-05-08, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Definite coup for classic rock fans if it is a true list. No love for Pinball Wizard though wowous?

Sweet. Thorogood has been on my want list, up there with Nuge. I would have preferred a less obvious track though.

As for RB1 content in RB2, they could do packs once a month that are only accessible through the RB1 store. Do a dozen tracks at a time, every few weeks. That way people that didn't own the disc couldn't just rent and grab 54 tracks in one fell swoop. They'd have to rent multiple times if they are that determined or actually buy the RB1 disc to have access to the DLC versions. Plus it would give people something a little extra to look forward to every few weeks as the packs trickle out.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 07-05-08 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-05-08, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm being super, super, super mega careful with these leaks from supposed playtesters, especially the last big list that most of those songs came from. In fact, sadly, there has been no mention anywhere that I've seen of any of the testers who've leaked mentioning the last band on Dave's list, so that makes me even more skeptical.

All that said, I won't complain because it's a pretty impressive setlist if true.
Old 07-05-08, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Definite coup for classic rock fans if it is a true list. No love for Pinball Wizard though wowous?
Pinball Wizard is great too. I keep getting confused about if it was part of the DLC pack. Whoops.
Old 07-05-08, 08:00 PM

I hope those songs are actually in the game...some great shit...more Paramore,SOAD, Everlong, Lump, Drain You (my fav Nirvana song), and of course DAMMIT!!

It seems like RB2 has a lot more 1990-2000 music which is great IMO...RB1 had too much classic rock and I got really sick of playing band world tour with that.

Last edited by discostu1337; 07-05-08 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-05-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
I'm being super, super, super mega careful with these leaks from supposed playtesters, especially the last big list that most of those songs came from. In fact, sadly, there has been no mention anywhere that I've seen of any of the testers who've leaked mentioning the last band on Dave's list, so that makes me even more skeptical.

All that said, I won't complain because it's a pretty impressive setlist if true.
I heard about that huge list a couple days ago, but have been keeping mum on it for various reasons.

If it's false: don't want to get people's hopes up and have them dashed.
if it's true: people who break NDA's suck.
Old 07-05-08, 09:45 PM

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
I just want Ramblin Man. Really. If that's true I will be so happy.
Old 07-05-08, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pretty Good if true. Not getting my hopes up tho. E3 should be a treat with RB and GH gearing up for new releases this fall. As of now, Im leaning toward buying GH4's whole set and RB2 disc only. I want the best of both worlds in terms of songs and features. If my entertainment room's migration to the basement works out space won't be a problem. Im also hoping that RB1 is somehow compatible. Somehow for those that have RB1, a unique code should be given to your game via an update. That code should only be usuable once and can grant you downloads of all RB1 content on 2. The songs should also be available for download as a mega-pack (around $30) or separately (.99 to 1.50 per song). I guess time will tell.
Old 07-06-08, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty decent if true but I really hate seeing tracks from previous Guitar Hero's show up... I know with Rock Band you can do so much more, but I still dislike it just out of principle.
Old 07-06-08, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
If the list turns out to be true, this is a must buy for me. No question about it.
Old 07-06-08, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Pretty decent if true but I really hate seeing tracks from previous Guitar Hero's show up... I know with Rock Band you can do so much more, but I still dislike it just out of principle.
I am happy to see it as long as it is from GH 1 or 80's, which I cannot access on my 360.
Old 07-06-08, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,206 Likes on 4,233 Posts
Well, it's not much but I can probably confirm/refute at least "We Got The Beat" today. I'm tight with one of the Go-Go's. I'll place a call tody.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.