Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band: Official Thread of Never Gets Old Part 7 (and some RB2 talk)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread of Never Gets Old Part 7 (and some RB2 talk)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-08, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts
Rush playing fake instruments to a cover tune of their own song. Priceless.
Old 07-22-08, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol. That was awesome.
Old 07-22-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Taking a step back and not having it right in front of you reminds you how horrible the drums are out of the box. Sounds like a kid banging on pans...
Old 07-22-08, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven
I do want to say that they are by no means silent...it's a good improvement over the "clacking" sound though and was cheap, so I can't complain
I picked up 4 pads on the way home, and they do work like a charm. They only had red, black and gray, so I went with all black. But yeah, the clack clack clack is gone and makes the gameplay much better. Thanks!
Old 07-23-08, 11:47 AM

I picked up the "official" RB drum pad silencers and think they work pretty well. Not 100% quiet, but much quieter than before. The only problem is that the glue on them really smells and I can still smell it a week after attaching them to my drums.
Old 07-24-08, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I created a setlist on Project Playlist.com of the songs in RB2. It's missing about a half dozen(GnR, Mastodon, Grateful Dead, Steely Dan), but still pretty solid. Check it out:

<embed style="width:435px; visibility:visible; height:270px;" allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://www.profileplaylist.net/mc/mp3player-othersite.swf?config=http://www.profileplaylist.net/mc/config/config_black_noautostart.xml&mywidth=435&myheight=270&playlist_url=http://www.profileplaylist.net/loadplaylist.php?playlist=42134971" menu="false" quality="high" width="435" height="270" name="mp3player" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" border="0"/>

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 07-24-08 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-24-08, 09:13 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Draven
I bought 4 round, black mousepads from IKEA for $1 a piece and attached them with double-stick tape. They've never even shifted, and we've beaten the hell out of them.

The loudest part now is when I miss and hit the rim...the pads themselves are relatively quiet.
I tried this suggestion. The double tape sucked. I went as far as to supergluing them, and that didn't work well either. Those pads just wouldn't stay on. So I took them off, and the superglue tore the foam off of the drums.

That's ok though, I just returned them at BB because I had their performance guarantee.

Maybe I should have used Liquid Nails instead.
Old 07-24-08, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I created a setlist on Project Playlist.com of the songs in RB2. It's missing about a half dozen(GnR, Mastodon, Grateful Dead, Steely Dan), but still pretty solid. Check it out.
There's a site up that has most of the songs on it as well at RockDropper. They've also got most of the bonus songs as well (at least the ones that are already available).
Old 07-24-08, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Shagrath
There's a site up that has most of the songs on it as well at RockDropper. They've also got most of the bonus songs as well (at least the ones that are already available).
Cool. Not quite as user friendly though.
Old 07-24-08, 09:58 AM
Banned

I created a setlist on Project Playlist.com of the songs in RB2. It's missing about a half dozen(GnR, Mastodon, Grateful Dead, Steely Dan), but still pretty solid. Check it out:

Thanks!

Wow, do some of these songs blow ass though.
Old 07-24-08, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cool. Not quite as user friendly though.
True. He's working on putting in all the lyrics and some other things to make it a little more unique, which should be cool.
Old 07-24-08, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,664 Likes on 1,037 Posts
Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
I tried this suggestion. The double tape sucked. I went as far as to supergluing them, and that didn't work well either. Those pads just wouldn't stay on. So I took them off, and the superglue tore the foam off of the drums.

That's ok though, I just returned them at BB because I had their performance guarantee.

Maybe I should have used Liquid Nails instead.
Strange. I bought 3M Double Stick Tape from Target and, I'm not kidding, they haven't even shifted after months of drumming and some major parties.
Old 07-24-08, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,664 Likes on 1,037 Posts

<embed style="width:435px; visibility:visible; height:270px;" allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://www.profileplaylist.net/mc/mp3player-othersite.swf?config=http://www.profileplaylist.net/mc/config/config_black_noautostart.xml&mywidth=435&myheight=270&playlist_url=http://www.profileplaylist.net/loadplaylist.php?playlist=42134971" menu="false" quality="high" width="435" height="270" name="mp3player" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" border="0"/>

That's awesome - thanks for putting it together!
Old 07-24-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

No sweat! It was a slow day at work.
Old 07-25-08, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks to me that the hardest songs for drums will probably be Painkiller and Panic Attack.

We'll see...

= J
Old 07-25-08, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey pinata242

Spoiler:
I figured I'd try this again since I had the camera already set up to record the virtuoso track pack today
Old 07-25-08, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Still no sign of Rock Band in Australia. Anybody know why?
Old 07-25-08, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rabbit77
Hey pinata242

Spoiler:
I figured I'd try this again since I had the camera already set up to record the virtuoso track pack today
Awesome Thanks!
Old 07-25-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
After playing a few other songs last night I thought I'd take another stab at Suffragette City on Expert and failed at 94%. Yes, that's during one of the easy parts. I was so annoyed I didn't bother to try again, even though I'm pretty sure I could have done it. I noticed that I started following the notes with my eyes a little differently, though, and it seems a lot easier now to follow extremely fast sections.
Old 07-25-08, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by GoVegan
After playing a few other songs last night I thought I'd take another stab at Suffragette City on Expert and failed at 94%. Yes, that's during one of the easy parts. I was so annoyed I didn't bother to try again, even though I'm pretty sure I could have done it. I noticed that I started following the notes with my eyes a little differently, though, and it seems a lot easier now to follow extremely fast sections.
That took me a couple times on expert also, i failed it at 99% once on the final 3-note chords. I had my ring/pinky too far down and strummed the last notes in the wrong slot. Its a tiring song.

I've also failed Dani California 3 straight times at 95%+
Old 07-25-08, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by rabbit77
Hey pinata242

Spoiler:
Whoa rabbit, you make it look so easy.