Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is in Pre-Production

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is in Pre-Production

Old 05-28-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
50....51 Oh man this is indeed a joyous day!
Old 05-28-08, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hrm, i may have to give the first a shot as well - that trailer looks kind of cool. It gives off a sort of "Firefly" vibe. Probably the paper looking parasol in a western/sci-fi setting.
Old 05-28-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just bought a used PS2 copy for $6 thanks to this thread.
Old 05-28-08, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

*head explodes*

I want this game more than any other game in the world right now. Forget MGS4 and whatever else, just give me BG&E2 please!
Old 05-28-08, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 721 Likes on 560 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket

Chilly con car-NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Old 05-28-08, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 721 Likes on 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent L
I want this game more than any other game in the world right now. Forget MGS4 and whatever else, just give me BG&E2 please!
+1
Old 05-28-08, 10:09 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

oh... my... god... I think I literally just had a geek-gasm. This is the best gaming news I have heard in a VERY long time!
Old 05-29-08, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RocShemp
+1
+2
Old 05-29-08, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 945 Likes on 667 Posts

+3

Forget any other game coming out... this is numero uno.
Old 05-29-08, 07:44 AM

Received 875 Likes on 575 Posts
+4

(... and I have a new desktop background!... two of them actually!)
Old 05-29-08, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, my thoughts on what little there was of the teaser.. it's apparently number one of a series, the music is a western sounding variation of the first song you hear in the first game, they're definitely not on the lush, green and blue planet of Hillys (insert generic brown and brown "next-gen graphics" joke here), Pey'J looks a little TOO detailed in comparison to the more stylistic approach the first game took to its visuals and his voice is definitely different. To be honest, the trailer does very little to excite other than simply being the proof that the game is being made.

Here's confirmation that Christophe Heral will be doing the soundtrack:
http://www.music4games.net/News_Display.aspx?id=933
Old 05-29-08, 09:14 AM

Received 875 Likes on 575 Posts
Here's confirmation that Christophe Heral will be doing the soundtrack:
http://www.music4games.net/News_Display.aspx?id=933
Cool

I really enjoyed the music in BG&E. You can listen to it on Last.fm
Old 05-29-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I really enjoyed the music in BG&E. You can listen to it on Last.fm
The soundtrack to the first game is one of the best there is, the music when you fight your first fight in the intro is one of my absolute favorite game tracks of all time. It's a shame it was never properly released, the only thing out there are rips from the game files arranged into tracks by a fan. Hopefully as part of the build up to the sequel they release some kind of official soundtrack.
Old 05-29-08, 01:36 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I agree with Pixy -- I don't like the level of detail on Pey'j and the voice acting they've chosen. They lack the charm that the first game had. That said, I'll be lined up to get this game on release day.
Old 05-29-08, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ubi: Beyond Good & Evil 2 More "Casual"

Ubisoft plans to make the sequel to Beyond Good & Evil more "accessible" than its predecessor, in order to avoid the commercial shortcomings endured by the original.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...10709&Itemid=2

Old 05-29-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by bee_01

Ubisoft plans to make the sequel to Beyond Good & Evil more "accessible" than its predecessor, in order to avoid the commercial shortcomings endured by the original.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...10709&Itemid=2

Okay, but that stance seems to be in total contradiction with the art style in the trailer. What they are talking seems more fitted for the original game. Count me as another as impressed with the screens but seems to be missing the charm the original had.
Old 05-30-08, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Making it more casual is all well and good, save for the original game wasn't exactly Ghouls and Ghosts. I don't think there is much for them to dumb down in terms of difficulty, so I'm curious what they're going to do to make it more accessible.

Also, I know it would never happen, but I wish there was a way for Ubi and both the 360 and PS3 could come to a deal that would offer the original BG&E for free.
Old 05-30-08, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bee_01

This is utterly, creepily horrible news. God, I hope some fucking douchebag clueless executive isn't mucking this game up. The last thing this game needs to be is Beyond Good & Evil: Warrior Within. More accessible, disgusting focus groups ruin EVERYTHING.
Old 05-30-08, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is utterly, creepily horrible news. God, I hope some fucking douchebag clueless executive isn't mucking this game up. The last thing this game needs to be is Beyond Good & Evil: Warrior Within. More accessible, disgusting focus groups ruin EVERYTHING.
Well i can imagine the company would like to sell some copies versus being a highly rated cult classic.
Old 05-30-08, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Well i can imagine the company would like to sell some copies versus being a highly rated cult classic.
How about they try advertising it this time and not releasing it the exact same day as Prince of Persia: Sands of Time?
Old 05-30-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How about they try advertising it this time and not releasing it the exact same day as Prince of Persia: Sands of Time?
While i'm not disagreeing with the fact that designing by committee leads to a good deal of sameness in games it unfortunately also leads to making safe money. I can understand why developers would take that route.

Change the style and infuriate the small group a game garnered due to being a cult hit but the new style is more palatable to a significantly larger audience. In a zero sum game it leads to a good deal more sales.

Personally i think the new trailer looks intriguing due to it making me think of Firefly.
Old 04-02-09, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 is in Pre-Production

http://www.all-gamers.fr/index.php?/...us-encore.html

The game is STILL in pre-production. :\

They talk about the game's visuals. The first game had a GREAT, unique look to it.. but apparently that's not what they wanted, they went to that because the PS2 wasn't powerful enough to do what they wanted. They want to push the boundaries of a game being cinematic.

A port or "specific version" for Wii is not out of the question.

The game hasn't entered production stages because they want to do a lot more with it than the first game. If they wanted to just make the first game again with a new story, they've be almost done with it now.

They didn't advertise the first game because Rayman sold without much advertising and they expected the same since it was from the creator of Rayman. They also acknowledge Prince of Persia releasing at the same time being a problem. They know better this time on both counts.
Old 04-02-09, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Good news but a bit disappointed that it's still in pre-production. At this rate it could be a launch title for the next generation of consoles.
Old 04-02-09, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I'd guess it's on track for a late 2010, early 2011 release at this point.. nowhere near when I expect the next set of consoles to be released. I think this generation is going to last a couple years longer than we're used to.
Old 04-02-09, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I agree. Just speculating, but I bet we start hearing rumblings of the next Xbox next year for a possible 2011 or 2012 release. That puts this gen at 6-7 years which would be at least 2 years longer than the original xbox lasted. With Sony doing their 10 year thing, and Nintendo blazing their own path, I think MS holds all the cards in deciding when next-gen starts.

They have learned from the release problems of the first, but could be on track to release it in that year window where people are just waiting on the new console to hit. The buzz will be elsewhere during the release. It could be bad for them all over again.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.