DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread - Part 2! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/531237-official-gta-iv-multi-console-super-friends-thread-part-2-a.html)

CKMorpheus 05-10-08 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
What happens if you kill
Spoiler:
Dwayne
?

I've already done the opposite, seemed like the right thing to do to me, and was just wonder what you guys decided on and what happens if you go the other way.

Spoiler:

If you kill Dwayne for Playboy-X, Playboy will call you up about being upset over Dwayne's death and will never call you or give you any more missions

Rival11 05-10-08 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by parrotheads4
OK I'll bite....where was it $29 ?

I had a store credit from selling back other shitty games ;)

aktick 05-10-08 03:07 PM

Did you choose to kill
Spoiler:
Francis or Derek? I just tried it both ways, killing Derek and Francis will get the cops off your back (exact same think Kiki does - 3 stars or less?), anything else? Killing Francis you go to his funeral and then have a shootout with the Albanians, then bury him...that it?

CKMorpheus 05-10-08 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
Did you choose to kill
Spoiler:
Francis or Derek? I just tried it both ways, killing Derek and Francis will get the cops off your back (exact same think Kiki does - 3 stars or less?), anything else? Killing Francis you go to his funeral and then have a shootout with the Albanians, then bury him...that it?

Spoiler:
According to the strategy guide that's the only difference... the cops off your back and the funerals. One funeral is on one side of town while the other is in another city.

aktick 05-10-08 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Spoiler:
According to the strategy guide that's the only difference... the cops off your back and the funerals. One funeral is on one side of town while the other is in another city.

Alright, thanks. I've got Kiki, so I'll go with the other option. Bastard was annoying anyways.

bunkaroo 05-10-08 05:29 PM

Question to those who have had to "choose":

Spoiler:

I'm already past choosing between Derrick or Francis. Did this come before or after Playboy X/Dwayne for you guys?

CKMorpheus 05-10-08 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Question to those who have had to "choose":

Spoiler:

I'm already past choosing between Derrick or Francis. Did this come before or after Playboy X/Dwayne for you guys?

Pretty sure it came wayyyy after.

bunkaroo 05-10-08 06:00 PM

Pretty sure it came wayyyy after.

See that's what I thought. It's been so long since I saw D or X on the map.

I think Dwayne is at 52% like and Playbox X is lower. Not sure how to get those bumped back up if they never answer their phones.

bunkaroo 05-10-08 09:01 PM

OK I think I've had some luck getting back to Playboy X and Dwayne.

I took a police car and started doing the most wanted missions. Now I don't know if this was a happy accident or one thing opened another, but when I was done with the second mission in one of the high rises, I walked out of the building and saw a yellow arrow. I stepped on it, and it started me talking to Dwayne for the Undressed To Kill mission. I complete that and got a call from Playboy X where he wasn't happy.

I am now at 100% complete on Dwayne and 66.67% complete on Playboy X.

Is it just a matter of time now for me to wait for another call from X or Dwayne to do the Holland Play thing?

EDIT: It happened - he called me. So I guess the D had just fallen off my map and it was just a matter of knowing where to start the mission.

Rival11 05-10-08 09:07 PM

One thing I wanted to mention which really has nothing to do with anything.......I couldn't believe at the beginning of the game when you're talking to Roman and meeting Vlad for the first time.....Strange Times by the Black Keys is playing on the radio in the background

No big deal but I just can't believe a song like this was actually in the game - very cool (and not to mention the new black keys which this song is from just recently came out before the game).

Liver&Onions 05-10-08 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
:mad:

When threads change to Pt. 2 or whatever, it's the rule that you change titles. Do it! :mad:

I did! I added the Part 2 notation.

bunkaroo 05-10-08 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I did! I added the Part 2 notation.

I assumed he wanted a witty title like the ones used for all the console threads.\

I guess you're all out. :D

slop101 05-11-08 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
Okay, I can't seem to find it, but apparently somewhere on the "internet" (the real one, not the one in the game), there's a picture of an airplane ticket with Nicko's name on it, and it's destination is "San Andreas".

Now, this could very well be a rumor - but it would not be too surprising, considering the developers have said that DLC would be "San Andreas" and "Vice City" sized. So the possibility could very well be for Nicko to take things to the other two cities. With the original Vice City taking place in the '80s, and San Andreas in the early '90s, it'd be cool to see them updated to current times, to say nothing of updated to current gen.

Sure, a whole new city would probably be preferable, but who's to say they won't change up these old cities like they changed up Liberty City?

Still, total rumor...

Well, here's the pic of Niko's plane ticket to San Andreas:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3...sticketmc3.jpg

And it's from the GTA social site, so it's something that's actually from R*, and not some sort of fan-fiction.

DeanoBKN 05-11-08 03:30 AM

This game has taken over my life. I'm now at 30% complete in single player, and just jumped online to see what things are like. A little sample turned into a 2 hour deathmatch session. I am loving this...

jonw9 05-11-08 08:07 AM

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So the wording has me a bit confused. i am not quite there yet, but I want to be sure. Killing Derrick gives you Francis to drop wanted level. Killing Francis and the only thing you get is a shootout and a funeral?

Drexl 05-11-08 09:55 AM

Well, after being freaked out due to the reports of bricked PS3s, I've decided to play it. So far, it fortunately hasn't freezed on me. I'm just getting started, and I'm at the point where you can do taxi missions for Roman. Is there a reward for this, like in the previous games where you do 50 or 100 fares and unlock something? I'd like to know before I start doing a lot of driving for potentially nothing (other than the cash).

jonw9 05-11-08 10:40 AM

I think the achievement comes from unlocking the unlocking the ability. I do not believe there is a benefit (other then a little cash) from doing a bunch of missions.

CKMorpheus 05-11-08 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by jonw9
Spoiler:

So the wording has me a bit confused. i am not quite there yet, but I want to be sure. Killing Derrick gives you Francis to drop wanted level. Killing Francis and the only thing you get is a shootout and a funeral?

Spoiler:

Killing Derrick, Francis will drop your wanted level for that mission only. Killing Francis, you will have to lose your wanted level to complete the mission. No matter who you kill, you will still go through the shoot out at a funeral. The location of the funeral is the only thing that changes.

CKMorpheus 05-11-08 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl
Well, after being freaked out due to the reports of bricked PS3s, I've decided to play it. So far, it fortunately hasn't freezed on me. I'm just getting started, and I'm at the point where you can do taxi missions for Roman. Is there a reward for this, like in the previous games where you do 50 or 100 fares and unlock something? I'd like to know before I start doing a lot of driving for potentially nothing (other than the cash).

There is no benefit to doing the taxi missions other than cash. It doesn't count towards 100% completion of the game.

FrankTheTank 05-11-08 01:26 PM

Spoiler:
I just beat the storyline and I took the revenge route and chose not to do the deal with Dimitri. For anyone who beat the game and took the deal route, can you tell me what happened when you took the deal and how the game ended?

uncle-frank 05-11-08 01:32 PM

sorry if this has been answered but how do i put in cheats. i pulled out the phone but i dont now how to dail with it (xbox360)

PopcornTreeCt 05-11-08 01:42 PM

I didn't know there were taxi missions. Can you do fire truck and ambulance missions?

CKMorpheus 05-11-08 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by FrankTheTank
Spoiler:
I just beat the storyline and I took the revenge route and chose not to do the deal with Dimitri. For anyone who beat the game and took the deal route, can you tell me what happened when you took the deal and how the game ended?

Spoiler:

• You meet up with a man to pick up the money
  • Dimitri calls and says "Why don't I kill these guys here and we can have the drugs and the money?"
  • You have to fight your way further into the enemy compound to steal the money
  • And then escape
  • Afterwards
  • Kate is upset that you didn't follow your heart and avoid the deal
  • So she decides not to go
  • At the wedding, Roman Dies
  • You decide to seek revenge, and then end up doing practically the same final mission
  • Except you're chasing Dimitri and that mob guy
  • Dimitri kills the mob boss
  • Instead of chasing him to Happiness Island via motorbike then chopper
  • You chase him via motorboat, then chopping, ducking and weaving through the city
  • You end up in the same spot, and Niko walks away without finishing Dimitri off, who is laying bleeding to death.

I saved my game when I could make the two different choices but decided to go with the "Revenge" route after I did both, only because Roman amuses me and he offers me free Taxi rides.

CKMorpheus 05-11-08 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by uncle-frank
sorry if this has been answered but how do i put in cheats. i pulled out the phone but i dont now how to dail with it (xbox360)

Press Up on your D-pad to access the phone, then press Up again to access the keypad. Keep in mind, certain cheats will block your ability to earn achievements. They will also keep track of how often you cheat on the Stats page. Cool thing is that the cheats will stay in your phone for easy access after you enter them.

CKMorpheus 05-11-08 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I didn't know there were taxi missions. Can you do fire truck and ambulance missions?

Roman gives you Taxi fares the first quarter of the game... none after that. As for fire truck and ambulance missions, none that I know about.