DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread - Part 2! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/531237-official-gta-iv-multi-console-super-friends-thread-part-2-a.html)

Liver&Onions 05-09-08 06:46 PM

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread - Part 2!

GTA IV talk here s'il vous plait.

Scott_Lecter 05-09-08 06:54 PM

My PSN ID = scottshoots

Let's play!

spainlinx0 05-09-08 07:04 PM

Wow, you're in East Brunswick? I'm right next door in New Brunswick.

aktick 05-09-08 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Save Ferris
Which one? im hurtin for cash too--only $15k or so with around 25% done

Just keep doing the Packie missions, if you have them.

Brent L 05-09-08 07:24 PM

*bangs head on desk*

I finally got to the mission where you
Spoiler:
rescue Roman
earlier today. I went through it, was taking my time with it and having a blast, but when I got to the very end I
Spoiler:
accidentally shot Roman in the head instead of the guy holding him
, ugh. :lol:

I was ticked when
Spoiler:
Manny died like he did. I actually liked him as a character

So, what did you guys decide to do?

Spoiler:
Kill Playboy X or Dwayne

The Bus 05-09-08 07:43 PM

:mad:

When threads change to Pt. 2 or whatever, it's the rule that you change titles. Do it! :mad:

slop101 05-09-08 07:54 PM

Okay, I can't seem to find it, but apparently somewhere on the "internet" (the real one, not the one in the game), there's a picture of an airplane ticket with Nicko's name on it, and it's destination is "San Andreas".

Now, this could very well be a rumor - but it would not be too surprising, considering the developers have said that DLC would be "San Andreas" and "Vice City" sized. So the possibility could very well be for Nicko to take things to the other two cities. With the original Vice City taking place in the '80s, and San Andreas in the early '90s, it'd be cool to see them updated to current times, to say nothing of updated to current gen.

Sure, a whole new city would probably be preferable, but who's to say they won't change up these old cities like they changed up Liberty City?

Still, total rumor...

CKMorpheus 05-09-08 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
*bangs head on desk*

I finally got to the mission where you
Spoiler:
rescue Roman
earlier today. I went through it, was taking my time with it and having a blast, but when I got to the very end I
Spoiler:
accidentally shot Roman in the head instead of the guy holding him
, ugh. :lol:

I was ticked when
Spoiler:
Manny died like he did. I actually liked him as a character

Spoiler:
Kill Playboy X or Dwayne

Spoiler:
Kill Playboy X, definitely Playboy X. You get a lot of nice stuff, while if you kill Dwayne, you get zip.

slop101 05-09-08 07:58 PM

Spoiler:
Kill Playboy X or Dwayne

Definitely kill...
Spoiler:
Playboy X. You'll get X's pad as a safehouse, and be able to call Dwayne, who'll send you thugs you can use as back up during missions. Killing Dwayne just gives you a bunch of money, and nothing else - X won't have anything to do with you after that. Still, save before, go back to replay it and kill Dwayne just to see some depressing shit, but go back and play the rest of the game on your dead-X save.

Brent L 05-09-08 08:00 PM

What happens if you kill
Spoiler:
Dwayne
?

I've already done the opposite, seemed like the right thing to do to me, and was just wonder what you guys decided on and what happens if you go the other way.

PopcornTreeCt 05-09-08 08:10 PM

What happens if you kill
Spoiler:
Dwayne
?

I've already done the opposite, seemed like the right thing to do to me, and was just wonder what you guys decided on and what happens if you go the other way.

I'm interested in that too.
Spoiler:
I don't think you actually kill Dwayne though. One of the achievements depends on Dwayne being alive.

Music 05-09-08 08:11 PM

What happens if you kill
Spoiler:
Dwayne
?

Spoiler:
well, according to the stats page in the game... Dwayne is someone who will be one of your friends... while X is missions only.

So you would lose one of your friends... and all the friend benefits....

bunkaroo 05-09-08 09:17 PM

On the discussion of

Spoiler:

Playboy X and Duane, I think I missed my chance or something. I never came to a mission that I have to choose, yet neither X nor Duane show on my map anymore. What gives?

PopcornTreeCt 05-09-08 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
On the discussion of

Spoiler:

Playboy X and Duane, I think I missed my chance or something. I never came to a mission that I have to choose, yet neither X nor Duane show on my map anymore. What gives?

Character missions will come and go on the map. It doesn't mean your done with them.

Scott_Lecter 05-09-08 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Wow, you're in East Brunswick? I'm right next door in New Brunswick.

Nice!! Come over and play!! Hehehe

I spent plenty of time in NB as I got my BA from Rutgers.

bunkaroo 05-09-08 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Character missions will come and go on the map. It doesn't mean your done with them.

I haven't see him on my map in ages. But he's still in my phone list.

aktick 05-09-08 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
Sure, a whole new city would probably be preferable, but who's to say they won't change up these old cities like they changed up Liberty City?

Still, total rumor...

Characters in the game also often mention Las Venturas. It'd be cool if they re-did that with a much more realistic look, which a lot of games (ok, a few at least) have done since San Andreas.

bunkaroo 05-10-08 12:10 AM

This is getting really frustrating. I have incomplete mission percentages for Playboy X and Dwayne, but neither have been on my maps for a long time, and neither ever answer my phone calls. I am at 50.64 overall game progress with very few side missions done, so is it possible I'm too far past the point to do these missions? There's got to be a way to go back.

When I go to Playboy X's building I can't get upstairs. The elevator door is open but there's no way to get up.

aktick 05-10-08 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
This is getting really frustrating. I have incomplete mission percentages for Playboy X and Dwayne, but neither have been on my maps for a long time, and neither ever answer my phone calls. I am at 50.64 overall game progress with very few side missions done, so is it possible I'm too far past the point to do these missions? There's got to be a way to go back.

When I go to Playboy X's building I can't get upstairs. The elevator door is open but there's no way to get up.

Well, I'm about 48% done, and did the Playboy X/Dwayne thing at probably 45%. Of course that doesn't necessarily matter, since a person could be at different % done when it becomes available.

I want to say that it opened up for me after I did a Packie mission.

bunkaroo 05-10-08 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by aktick
Well, I'm about 48% done, and did the Playboy X/Dwayne thing at probably 45%. Of course that doesn't necessarily matter, since a person could be at different % done when it becomes available.

I want to say that it opened up for me after I did a Packie mission.

I think I'm done with Packie already.

I guess I'll just keep doing missions and see what happens.

Rival11 05-10-08 11:27 AM

I picked this up last night (new for $29.00) - amazing game. I don't know what all the complaining is about on the controls as I really don't see any other way it could have been done (including driving). The attention to detail in this game is beyond ridiculous.

The coolest thing I've done so far is in multiplayer - I flew a chopper to the empire state building, landed it there, the proceeded to jump off from the top and for those who are curious......yes, you will fall all the way down and it's awesome to watch ;)

The single player gameplay is addicting and makes you want to play non-stop.

Very happy I got this as I've lost interest shortly after playing every other GTA game. This one is in a class of it's own like COD4.

parrotheads4 05-10-08 11:41 AM

OK I'll bite....where was it $29 ?

mrmagoo 05-10-08 12:18 PM

excuse my stupidity maybe I missed something along the way, but is there any kind of a "gta dvdtalk" multiplayer club in existence? The only "dvdtalkers" i have in my friend list (xbox 360) are AKTICK, SITH DRAVEN, and MASTEROFDVD, so I am just putting this out there, any other dvdtalk GTA fans out there who don't want to put up with playing on live opposite a bunch of 14 year olds, Then "mrmagoo1974" is your man :D

CKMorpheus 05-10-08 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by mrmagoo
excuse my stupidity maybe I missed something along the way, but is there any kind of a "gta dvdtalk" multiplayer club in existence? The only "dvdtalkers" i have in my friend list (xbox 360) are AKTICK and MASTEROFDVD, so I am just putting this out there, any other dvdtalk GTA fans out there who don't want to put up with playing on live opposite a bunch of 14 year olds, Then "mrmagoo1974" is your man :D

You just got a friend request from the DVD Talk GTA group. Check it's friends list for all your DVD Talk friends needs!

mrmagoo 05-10-08 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
You just got a friend request from the DVD Talk GTA group. Check it's friends list for all your DVD Talk friends needs!

Thanks, done and done!