Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread - Part 2!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread - Part 2!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by mugwump
I'm with you there. I'm probably one of the few who will bail out of a Coquette or other sports car when I come upon a nice little Blista. The handling of that car meshes perfectly with the way I drive in this game.
I'm pissed I lost my Comet going on a bowling date because I didn't park on the arrow.
Old 05-27-08, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've gotten busted once, when I didn't notice a cop in the passenger seat and tried to steal the police car. I didn't have a second to react and I was busted.
Old 05-27-08, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Drexl
I couldn't get that method to work. I stood there waiting, but only one cop car would show up and both guys would get shot eventually. Even calling 911 didn't help. I guess you have to get wanted yourself, but when I did that I couldn't effectively hide.

What I ended up doing was sniping the guy on the porch from a ways back (so that I get no wanted level yet). Then, I opened the door, threw in a grenade, then ran back out, and back in when it went off. I finished off what little was left of them and just had the one guy to shoot at the top of the stairs.
Good method. What I did was pull right up behind the truck and just ran away immediately - you really have to wait a little while for the cops to come and knock them out - I only waited because I didn't want to repeat the mission and go through the hassle with the cops again.
Old 05-27-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
I FINALLY got thru Snow Storm this evening. What a bitch of a level. I tried every method: jumped in the river, stole a cop car, tried the truck. Eventually I found a decent ride and parked it right outside the old hospital entrance. I ended up ditching the police and got to a Pay n Spray. Glad that one's over!
Old 05-27-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
I hate when you can't advance when there's a glitch type scenario. Like when I have to follow Packie and Derrick thru the subway on Three Leaf Clover, we've clearly gotten a free path, but because some straggling cop is somewhere that I need to kill, Packie and Derrick don't want to advance. And when I go to look for the cop to kill, I end up too far away from Packie and Derrick so the mission gets abandoned.
I was doing that one and somehow we were walking in an alley. Just as we got the end of the alley, a police car smashes right into the wall to my right, blocking the alley. If it had been a second later it would have run right into me. Then the cops just sit there. I jumped on top of the cop car, went to get my car, came next to the cop car, honked the horn--those dingbats stood in the alley trapped behind the cop car. I finally went to the other side and drove down the alley--whacking the walls and dumpsters the entire way--and got close enough to them so they'd get in the car. I guess I could have shot the cops but I didn't want to start a chase right then.

Drexl: Yeah, I'm not sure if the cops chase you in the mission or if I sideswiped one and they started chasing me, and shooting at me. Add to that a couple of crashes in that piece of crap car, and it wasn't too long before the car started smoking. It blew up, destroying the evidence, so I technically fulfilled it.
Old 05-28-08, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I just read that in order to get 100%, you have to take L. Jacob, Brucie, and Packie to every activity on the list (Darts, Bowling, etc.) at least once. I sure wouldn't have figured that out on my own. Now I'm writing them down as I do them.
Old 05-28-08, 12:29 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm still finding new things in this game. For example, last night I blew up somebody's car and drove over the burning remains. In the process, one of my tires caught fire and in a few moments it was burned down to the rim.
Old 05-28-08, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
I love tossing molotov cocktails on a group of people just standing around. They usually catch on chain fire together, char up and leave some cash behind
Old 05-28-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got access to Manhattan!
I immediately went to Perseus to buy good clothes and then went in a date with Michelle to show off.
Old 05-28-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm about 55% done and still digging a bunch of the details too. I shot a rocket launcher in one of the assassin missions into a large group of cars. When i walked over, I could see a dude hunched over burnt to a crisp on his motorcycle. Morbid, but cool!
Old 05-28-08, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I like trying to figure out what everyone's favorite radio station is. For example, pick up Jacob to go somewhere. Have something like Electro or Radio Broker playing. Switch it to Massive and he'll say something like "Oh, this is my favorite song!"
Old 05-28-08, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

can you get a helicopter at any time other than the mission about halfway through where you pick up the guy with the rocket launcher?
Old 05-28-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by j123vt_99
can you get a helicopter at any time other than the mission about halfway through where you pick up the guy with the rocket launcher?
I stole a helicopter from the HeliTours place last night.
Old 05-28-08, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gdrlv
I stole a helicopter from the HeliTours place last night.
i'll have to look for that.
Old 05-28-08, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
I'm still finding new things in this game. For example, last night I blew up somebody's car and drove over the burning remains. In the process, one of my tires caught fire and in a few moments it was burned down to the rim.
That just happened to me for the first time last night as well. I immediately dove out of the car since in Grand Theft Auto games I equate flames coming out of the front of my car with impending explosions. I was surprised then when my unoccupied car crashed into a building and I noticed it was just the tire which was burning.
Old 05-28-08, 02:11 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by j123vt_99
In addition to the Helitours mentioned above, I also found a helipcopter atop a skyscraper in Algonquin. It's a building with a big bright purple lighted area atop it at night, near the comedy club. You have to take one of those cable lifts to get to the top walkway (there's a pigeon up there, if you're collecting those) then take a short ladder from there to get to the helipad.

Also, I noticed Helitours never seems to have any choppers there when I'm in the middle of the mission. The helipad one above, I'm not sure about.

And speaking of helicopters, I love how Michelle would comment on my ride everytime I picked her up, but when I showed up for our date in a helicopter she only felt the need to comment on my clothes.

Last edited by DRG; 05-28-08 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-28-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Raul3
I just got access to Manhattan!
I immediately went to Perseus to buy good clothes and then went in a date with Michelle to show off.
IIRC Michelle doesn't like it when you're wearing a suit. I remember doing what you described and when the date started she was saying stuff like " Where did you get those shoes!? They're awful!" "Did you look at yourself in a mirror before putting that top on!?" And I said at the TV " Dumb broad, I got a Reservoir Dogs suit with fancy shoes just for you!"

Oh well

Reading your funny anecdotes it reminded me of a friend of mine who got tired of Carmen (the nurse) constantly yapping away on their first date; he got out of his car and shotgunned her in the face and left her behind
Since he never completed the first date he did not get her number so she can call him but not the opposite.

He did not know she was a nurse so when she called him a bit later asking him to pick him up at the hospital he was thinking "Damn that woman is persistent!"

I think he's stuck though (in regards to get her "special friend benefit") because he cannot dump her and can't date her again on LoveMeet. Serves him right for not being a good listener
Old 05-28-08, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Drexl
I just read that in order to get 100%, you have to take L. Jacob, Brucie, and Packie to every activity on the list (Darts, Bowling, etc.) at least once. I sure wouldn't have figured that out on my own. Now I'm writing them down as I do them.
I will have to do that as well, but right now I am simply stuck on 1 pigeon. Until I find it I have no interest in trying the other 100% stuff. I wish there was some way to see just what pigeons remained in the game.
Old 05-28-08, 06:36 PM
Banned

I disliked the friend options at first, but the cab ride conversations have made it worthwhile. Dwayne has some great stories and some hilarious reactions to various events while out on the streets.
Old 05-28-08, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
I'm pissed I lost my Comet going on a bowling date because I didn't park on the arrow.
I lost my Infernus when I tried to squeeze a Sanchez in between it and the Comet. Damn game bumped my Infernus for a dirt bike!
Old 05-28-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm about 55% done and still digging a bunch of the details too. I shot a rocket launcher in one of the assassin missions into a large group of cars. When i walked over, I could see a dude hunched over burnt to a crisp on his motorcycle. Morbid, but cool!
I think I did the same thing on the same mission. It was awesome.
Old 05-28-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
For those of you who are trying to gain that 100% click the link below - that should do it - be warned, it contains huge spoilers:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/8...ts_050808.html
Old 05-29-08, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha.. I went to the strip club and started taking cell phone pics of the girls, then the bouncers started beating me up
Old 05-29-08, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts
There are so many little funny things everywhere. Yesterday on the GPS instead of a bell announcing a turn, the lady actually spoke "Bing Bong"!
Old 05-29-08, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Mother fuck. I was in the middle of a driving race and I had the Infernus car. Well, it glitched out on me and now I don't have the car anymore.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.