Yeah it's not for everyone.
Old 12-04-08, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Screenshots of the DLC are out!

Old 12-04-08, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did i hear correctly that those are for PS3 only?
Old 03-15-09, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Mirror's Edge (360, PS3, PC)

Thought I'd revive this thread. Just started playing Mirror's Edge and I'm quite enjoying the story. However I can only play for a max of an hour before I start feeling motion sick. The combat is kinda frustrating. Once I take down one guy, I just use the gun to get rid of the others, it's so much easier.
Old 04-18-09, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I picked this up last night at Target on clearance for $20. Seemed like the right price for this. I'm having a lot of fun so far, just finishing Chapter 1. I'm not getting any motion sickness, which is a bit surprising to me since there are even parts of Gears of War that get me dizzy. Loving the controls, and don't have a problem with using the LB and LT buttons. It's different, but feels fine.
Old 04-18-09, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,821 Likes on 1,133 Posts

I was playing a TimeTrial the other day after a long break and I almost threw my controller at my tv.

But I still LOVE this game.

I may even break my "I won't buy DLC shit" rule a get the new maps.
Old 05-08-09, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finally picked this up, and I am loving it, this game has some of the best Visuals and lighting in any game I have played. the combat can be frustrating since she dies very easily, but when your moving this game is amazing. Hope we get a sequel someday and they can improve the combat or make this game more open.
Old 05-08-09, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I may even break my "I won't buy DLC shit" rule a get the new maps.
Don't. Trust me. If I could give you DLC, I'd do it, but it would still be a waste of your time.

These new maps look nice and interesting, but they're laid out and play like shit - you seriously cannot tell where to go or what to do most of the time. These maps are worthless. If the regular time-trials frustrated you at all, these would kill your soul from the inside.
Old 05-08-09, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by slop101
Don't. Trust me. If I could give you DLC, I'd do it, but it would still be a waste of your time.

These new maps look nice and interesting, but they're laid out and play like shit - you seriously cannot tell where to go or what to do most of the time. These maps are worthless. If the regular time-trials frustrated you at all, these would kill your soul from the inside.
Wow Ok, I'll hold off until they do a serious sale.

But still, I think one of the things fans asked for was "free roaming". Also one of the fun aspects of the ME game is that there's usually more than one way to get from A to B. Is it possible the maps did this and you just didn't get that?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 05-08-09 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-08-09, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by maingon
Just finally picked this up, and I am loving it, this game has some of the best Visuals and lighting in any game I have played. the combat can be frustrating since she dies very easily, but when your moving this game is amazing. Hope we get a sequel someday and they can improve the combat or make this game more open.
Hints:

--You don't have to fight. In fact, with the exception of areas where you are FORCED to fight...avoiding the enemy is the best way to go. Wanting to fight each bad guy you encounter may help in most games but it won't help you here.

--Momentum is your friend

--Get good at Wall Running and the L Bumper, R Bumper, L Bumper move off of walls

-- In most cases there's more than one way from A to B

Last edited by Giantrobo; 05-08-09 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-08-09, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 404 Likes on 304 Posts

I picked this up and got through maybe 15 minutes before I traded it in.
Old 05-08-09, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by nickdawgy

Couldn't hang. Yeah, ME isn't for everyone.
Old 08-28-09, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Couldn't hang. Yeah, ME isn't for everyone.
Apparently it's for me. I finally started it last night and I'm LOVING it. It has the platforming fun of Prince of Persia mixed with the precision and timing of Splosion Man. It can be frustrating but nothing insurmountable.

I also love the evade sense in this game. I'm nearly done with Chapter 6 and I haven't shot anyone yet. (hopefully I can hold out for the achievement). Running from the enemy and executing multiple jumps, wall-runs, etc. really gets my heart racing. It's such a rush and sense of accomplishment. I don't think there's a game that has done that since the original Condemned.

Faith is a great character and the story is decent enough. I love the style as well. It's too bad this game didn't catch on because a sequel that improved on certain aspects of the game would be awesome. I'm already wishing the game was longer since I only have a few chapters left and I just started.
Old 08-28-09, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Apparently it's for me. I finally started it last night and I'm LOVING it. It has the platforming fun of Prince of Persia mixed with the precision and timing of Splosion Man. It can be frustrating but nothing insurmountable.

I also love the evade sense in this game. I'm nearly done with Chapter 6 and I haven't shot anyone yet. (hopefully I can hold out for the achievement). Running from the enemy and executing multiple jumps, wall-runs, etc. really gets my heart racing. It's such a rush and sense of accomplishment. I don't think there's a game that has done that since the original Condemned.

Faith is a great character and the story is decent enough. I love the style as well. It's too bad this game didn't catch on because a sequel that improved on certain aspects of the game would be awesome. I'm already wishing the game was longer since I only have a few chapters left and I just started.
I loved the game as well. I wish it was more open ended so you could just run and jump and explore the city
Old 01-08-10, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Any news on the release date of MIRROR'S EDGE for IPHONE???

Does anyone recommend any other parkour-type games for Iphone, PS3, or PSP??

The only other one I can think of is CANNABALT for the IPHONE.
Old 01-08-10, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't believe this game didn't make it past two pages. Are they still making a sequel?
Old 03-01-10, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,412 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I borrowed this from the library for free and felt ripped off. I'm seriously reconsidering buying this PS3. 99% of it's usage since Christmas has been Netflix streaming, and we could have done that on a far cheaper BluRay player.
Old 03-01-10, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts

I recently downloaded the demo and dug what I played. However, since I read it's a 6 hour game, I'll only get it if I find it for $20 or less.
Old 03-04-10, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I recently downloaded the demo and dug what I played. However, since I read it's a 6 hour game, I'll only get it if I find it for $20 or less.
That's the list price now; it's around $15 on Amazon.
Old 03-04-10, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's routinely $10 at newegg and gamefly.
Old 03-04-10, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I would advise anyone considering this game to give it some time before writing it off. For me, the first hour or two was frustrating, but it's fun once you get a feel for the game. The problem is that it's so different from what we've played before. We've never had such an emphasis on movement and jumping in a first-person game. (Most FPSs have relatively simple movement and the challenge is about aiming.) So, it takes time to get used to this.

Some people have said they wanted it to be an open world. I don't think that's the right approach for this game. The levels are set up like a race course, and they want you to keep moving through them. An open world would cause you to constantly stop and explore, which to me goes against the spirit of the game. You'd also have a tendency to get lost, forcing you to backtrack and stall even more. This is not about exploration; it's about running and jumping through the courses.
Old 03-04-10, 07:28 AM

this was one of the first games i actually sat down and played when i bought my ps3 last year. i loved this game. i thought the story was good and the concept was done real well. id pick this game up if i see it for $10.
Old 03-04-10, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Newegg $10 + Free Shipping (360 version)
Old 03-04-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Agreed. Bought the PC version for $5 from Direct2Drive last year sometime, playing it with a 360 pad, absolute blast of a game.
Old 03-04-10, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Drexl
I would advise anyone considering this game to give it some time before writing it off. For me, the first hour or two was frustrating, but it's fun once you get a feel for the game. The problem is that it's so different from what we've played before. We've never had such an emphasis on movement and jumping in a first-person game. (Most FPSs have relatively simple movement and the challenge is about aiming.) So, it takes time to get used to this.

Some people have said they wanted it to be an open world. I don't think that's the right approach for this game. The levels are set up like a race course, and they want you to keep moving through them. An open world would cause you to constantly stop and explore, which to me goes against the spirit of the game. You'd also have a tendency to get lost, forcing you to backtrack and stall even more. This is not about exploration; it's about running and jumping through the courses.

Good points.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.