Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread Pt. 5

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
L&O and Corvin both have these, I think - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

I ordered some the other day, should show up today or tomorrow, will report back how they work.
I also purchased these, and although quieter than before, I did not notice THAT much of a difference. Still ticks off my wife and daughter a ton upstairs when I play in the basement.

A couple of my friends purchased sheets of gum rubber and made their own, which are quieter than mine. One pointed me to a site that now manufactures them:

http://www.drumpads4rockband.com/orderNow.html

This site has both types, the foam and the gum rubber. Not sure how they would compare to Rock Band Drum Pads, but they are definitely cheaper for the similar foam pads. The gum rubber ones are a bit more expensive.
Old 04-16-08, 10:26 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
Originally Posted by flix1
I also purchased these, and although quieter than before, I did not notice THAT much of a difference. Still ticks off my wife and daughter a ton upstairs when I play in the basement.

A couple of my friends purchased sheets of gum rubber and made their own, which are quieter than mine. One pointed me to a site that now manufactures them:

http://www.drumpads4rockband.com/orderNow.html

This site has both types, the foam and the gum rubber. Not sure how they would compare to Rock Band Drum Pads, but they are definitely cheaper for the similar foam pads. The gum rubber ones are a bit more expensive.
I purchased these, the gum rubber ones. And I was ready to post my disappointment with them. I've only tried them a little, but like you mention with the foam, these didn't make a drastic difference, I was really hoping for significant noise reduction instead it's more subtle, maybe a little less clicky sound, more thumpy, but not much quieter.

I was actually thinking about picking up the foam for comparison, but, really, after spending $30 on these, I didn't really want to lay out another $20+. Perhaps they will grow on me, again, I haven't really tried them out much.
Old 04-17-08, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
has there been any word on when The Who set will be released?
Old 04-17-08, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by achau9598
has there been any word on when The Who set will be released?
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Yes. We've been withholding it from you. All the gaming sites are in on it too.

Old 04-17-08, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Alex Rigopolous was on Attack of the Show yesterday with a few things to day.
Alex seems to think that more bands will provide singles, very much like the Crue did. It's similar to radio in that aspect.

Full Albums... when? "Specific announcement about a specific announcement will be coming by the end of this week.

And... keyboards peripheral? Evasive answer... "Chances are, if you really want something there is a very good chance we are working on it right now"
Looks like full albums are coming pretty soon. I'd guess within the next 2-3 weeks. However, the "specific announcement on a specific announcement" probably means that the DLC announcement is being pushed back till Monday.
Old 04-17-08, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, May 20th will be the six month mark since release, and it falls on a Tuesday. I'd say it is a safe bet we will see either the Who or Nirvana on that day.
Old 04-17-08, 08:11 AM
Suspended

I want a keytar and every Styx song ever.
Old 04-17-08, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

So what features(not songs) would people like to see incorporated into an update (or RB2)?

In response to a thread at CAG, here's my post, not in any particular order but here are my ten most wanted. Most of which could be done via update in RB1:

1. Band World Tour Online - duh. No explanation needed.

2. DLC backwards compatible - simple, make sure the small fortune I'm spending on DLC works in future games.

3. Supergroups in Solo Tour - I have a drummer, a guitarist and a singer, why is only one used during Solo Tour and I get paired up with generic NPCs? If I'm on my guitar tour, toss in my drummer and vocalist to back me up instead of fake NPCs.

4. Gold Stars - they are damn addicting in GH, it is quite lame it is relegated to Expert only players in Rock Band. Bring 'em back to all the other difficulties as well. Give the less than phenoms something to shoot for.

5. Custom Setlists in Solo Tour - Ability to make a 2-10+ song set so I don't have to go back to the song list after every song I play to find what I want to play next. (GH needs this as well)

6. Better setlist organization - Having DLC at the bottom of a 60 song list is terrible design. Take a page from GHIII, make tabs for In Game, Bonus, and DLC for easy navigation. The DLC page needs to be sortable as well.

7. Bass Solo Tour - Why not? It may not be the most exciting 'Tour' but it would be something different. All the elements are there, I don't understand why this wasn't in the retail release.

8. Join Multiple Bands - I want the ability to keep my character(s) on a memory card and temporarily 'join' a friend's band for his World Tour instead of creating/storing a seperate character on his system.

9. Disallow tracks - the ability to check off certain songs you don't want showing up in random setlists. Keep the main game setlist off-limits, but allow me to check certain songs I've bought as DLC that I don't want thrown at me at random.

10. HO/PO Notes - These notes need to be more distinguishable. The tiny notes don't cut it. They need a glow or something.

bonus:

11. Camera support - other games do it, so why not become the total nerd rock star? Map my face to the character I create. Allow me to snap a photo for my band logo instead of some generic paint tools.

I'm not even going to touch hardware revisions. Other than the mic everything else is a cheap P.O.S. Once they get those right, then we can talk about tweaking them.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 04-17-08 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-17-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^great list...and I agree with all of them.

All of these should be able to be added via an update I would think.
Old 04-17-08, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
6. Better setlist organization - Having DLC at the bottom of a 60 song list is terrible design. Take a page from GHIII, make tabs for In Game, Bonus, and DLC for easy navigation. The DLC page needs to be sortable as well.
This is really only a gripe about Solo Tour. There are crazy amounts of sorting options in quick play or Band World Tour (when doing the "make a" setlists). It would be nice if you could do the same sorting in solo tour, maybe after beating the main setlist.

8. Join Multiple Bands - I want the ability to keep my character(s) on a memory card and temporarily 'join' a friend's band for his World Tour instead of creating/storing a seperate character on his system.
This can already be done. I have my characters in multiple bands across multiple systems.

9. Disallow tracks - the ability to check off certain songs you don't want showing up in random setlists. Keep the main game setlist off-limits, but allow me to check certain songs I've bought as DLC that I don't want thrown at me at random.
You can always delete your DLC and redownload it later on. It's not the optimal solution, but it is a stopgap.

The rest of the stuff I pretty much agree on, with the exception of the supergroup thing (I'm only one person, why would I want 4 of me on stage at once), and the HO/PO thing. I've never really had a problem knowing when a note can be HO/PO'd. I'm on a 42" screen and have no problem differentiating between the two sizes. The difference would obviously be smaller on a smaller set, but I've never had a problem on my measly 23" CRT either.
Old 04-17-08, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

dammit - i wish I didn't know that only expert players get gold stars. thanks for ruining it for me Corvin.
Old 04-17-08, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Corvin, I don't think there's anything to add to that list, you hit everything.

Except of course KEYBOARD
Old 04-17-08, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
4. Gold Stars - they are damn addicting in GH, it is quite lame it is relegated to Expert only players in Rock Band. Bring 'em back to all the other difficulties as well. Give the less than phenoms something to shoot for.
Them ruining gold stars is easily my number one complaint. Not being able to get them on anything but expert is by far my biggest complaint, but I also hate that gold stars don't mean FC any more. You can miss notes and still get gold stars. Other than manually tracking my scores with something like Scorehero, I have no way of knowing what I have and haven't FCd.
Old 04-17-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll make a prediction now:

When The Who DLC comes out, they will also release a keyboard.
Old 04-17-08, 11:36 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
After watching every bit of footage on the Walk Hard Blu-ray, I've decided that "Walk Hard," "Guilty As Charged," and "Beautiful Ride" need to be offered as Rock Band DLC.
Old 04-17-08, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Following the Crue's lead with Saints of Los Angeles and the recent news that GnR's Chinese Democracy might actually come to light...

What are the chance we'll see a GnR pack with a single from CD along with, say, Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child O' Mine or Paradise City or November Rain (with keyboard) or other GnR songs?
Old 04-17-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was listening to AC/DC Live last night and came to the conclusion that this game NEEDS AC/DC.
Old 04-17-08, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Offspring's "Kids Are All right" would make a good RB song as well
Old 04-17-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by achau9598
The Offspring's "Kids Aren't All right" would make a good RB song as well
I think this every time I hear it. I wouldn't mind some Green Day to go along with that. A Pop Punk Pack would be nice. I'd kill for Jesus of Suburbia.

Last edited by pinata242; 04-17-08 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-17-08, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would also like to see some more current indie stuff...My Morning Jacket, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Drive-By Truckers, Arcade Fire, Built to Spill, Hold Steady, Raconteurs...all would be incredibly fun in Rock Band.
Old 04-17-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
After watching Animal House the other day, I was thinking a couple Twisted Sister tracks would be great.

I wonder if there's enough good stuff for Rock Band: Duets. One mic comes with RB, most if not all 360s come with a headset/mic which should get the job done.

Speaking of mics, does anyone else have a problem using a headset with the guitar? I don't use the headset much, but I have two, and neither apparently work with the guitar--the second I plug it in, the other players apparently get some wicked feedback. It's quite possible I'm doing something wrong, of course.
Old 04-18-08, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
whoa - first full album being released next week and it's out of left field...

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44599

DLC Week April 22nd: First full album- Judas Priest!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

We're proud to unleash our first full album upon the masses- Judas Priest's 1982 classic Screaming For Vengeance! All tracks will be available separately for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points), or as a whole album for $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points).

All the following tracks are by Judas Priest and are masters-

“The Hellion/Electric Eye”

“Riding on the Wind”

“Bloodstone”

“(Take These) Chains”

“Pain and Pleasure”

“Screaming for Vengeance”

“You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’”

“Fever”

“Devil’s Child”

This is awesome. Any other sweet albums coming?

We're also happy to announce two more albums that are in the pipeline and coming in the near future- The Cars album The Cars and the Pixies Doolittle.

What happened to Who's Next?

Stay tuned! We'll have updates on upcoming DLC soon, including The Who, as information becomes available.

Last edited by JayDerek; 04-18-08 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-18-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's great news for fans of Judas Priest...which I'm not.
Old 04-18-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The only song from any of those albums I'm buying is "Just What I Needed" by the Cars.
Old 04-18-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I'll take You've got Another thing coming, with no questions.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.