Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

official PS3 thread x.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-08, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RocShemp
Any word on Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2? Is it gonna ship with pre-orders of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition?

Also, anywhere else offering the extra BD disc offered here? http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Produ...spx?sku=270209
Many Gamecrazy's are giving out the Saga discs already, and most Gamestops are expecting them by the end of the week.

The extra Blu-ray disc comes with all copies of the LE. The only store exclusive so far appears to be the artbook at Gamestop/EB.
Old 04-02-08, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 677 Likes on 526 Posts
Hmm. I love me an artbook and I'm a bit of a whore for all things MGS. I may actually have to plunk down for the LE at my local EB (or online to ensure the Saga disc since my local EB is hit-and-miss when it comes to pre-order bonuses). But $84.99....
Old 04-02-08, 08:33 PM

Looks like the DS3's are shipping already. My amazon one is preparing for shipment. Still pissed about paying $50 for something that should have come in the box.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/863/863823p1.html
Old 04-02-08, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice news about the DS3...but I still refuse to pay $50 for it.....let alone $55. I still need a 2nd controller though, so I will eventually get one.
Old 04-02-08, 09:51 PM

I refused initially but now with warhawk, resistance and uncharted in my library I gave in and $50 was the cheapest possible price I believe right now.
Old 04-03-08, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts
In honor of the DualShock 3's release, Level Up's: N'Gai Croal takes a stroll down memory lane for some choice quotes from Sony exec's about rumble "being a last-gen feature."
Old 04-03-08, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't miss rumble. I like that the controller is really light.

What I don't like is that I need to recharge it more often than the one for the Xbox.
Old 04-03-08, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Raul3

What I don't like is that I need to recharge it more often than the one for the Xbox.
What I love is the 3 foot USB cable they include to let you charge while playing your game, inches from your TV.
Old 04-03-08, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,488 Likes on 4,438 Posts
Originally Posted by Raul3

Seriously, try Uncharted with the rumble, it'll change your mind. And the controller is still much lighter than the 360's. I think it does need to be charged more often than the one without, but it lasts a while.
I'm really surprised that the brand-new Hot Shots Golf OOB has no rumble support. If the downloadable bowling game supports rumble, this $60 golf game should as well, right?

And thanks for the heads-up about the MGS4 bonus disc being available at Game Crazy. I picked mine up yesterday. It's a really nice packaging and the beta code is inclosed. Hope to watch the DVD soon...
Old 04-03-08, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
What I love is the 3 foot USB cable they include to let you charge while playing your game, inches from your TV.
I just plug it into a laptop if I need to charge while playing, and dont want to sit inches from tv - which I usually want to do anyway...
Old 04-03-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I never have and still don't understand how a shaking controller makes games more immersive, but I guess that's just me.
Old 04-03-08, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, my first purchase for the PS3 was a longer USB cord so I could actually play while the controller was charging.

I'll probably grab a Dual Shock 3 at some point, but for the foreseeable future I won't be having any need for the second controller, so it might be awhile.
Old 04-03-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Funny thing is, I have a buddy (who admittedly knows nothing about "next-gen" consoles) bought a PS3 and played that way not knowing the controller was rechargeable.
Old 04-03-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hail2dking
Funny thing is, I have a buddy (who admittedly knows nothing about "next-gen" consoles) bought a PS3 and played that way not knowing the controller was rechargeable.
Well - you are in Keizer.
Old 04-03-08, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hail2dking
A friend of mine bought a PS3 recently and was surprised when I mentioned the 'wireless controller' a week or so later.

In his defense, it's just a Blu-Ray player for him. Well it was, then I got an email about him having Guitar Hero groupies (his wife and 8 year-old daughter).
Old 04-03-08, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No update tonight? Weak.
Old 04-03-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
No update tonight? Weak.
Supposedly there is NO update for TWO weeks. They are working on a new store-front for PSN. Google it for pics as I am too lazy to do it for people

Still sucks though....not sure why they cannot support demos/updates while they work on a new firmware....smart programmers I suppose.
Old 04-04-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Seriously, try Uncharted with the rumble, it'll change your mind. And the controller is still much lighter than the 360's. I think it does need to be charged more often than the one without, but it lasts a while.
I'm really surprised that the brand-new Hot Shots Golf OOB has no rumble support. If the downloadable bowling game supports rumble, this $60 golf game should as well, right?

And thanks for the heads-up about the MGS4 bonus disc being available at Game Crazy. I picked mine up yesterday. It's a really nice packaging and the beta code is inclosed. Hope to watch the DVD soon...
Oh didn't know HS Golf OOB doesn't have rumble support... i think i'll get Drake instead (got this $20 off $60 from buy.com e-mail). I might sit out on the DS3 for a while... Perhaps there's a gun metal colored one? Love to have one of those for MGS4.
Old 04-04-08, 09:23 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

How is Hot Shots Golf: OOB? I'm thinking about returning a copy of Lair that I bought, in order to finance a purchase of that game because I've loved the last two games in the series.
Old 04-04-08, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BBEANLPHIE
I refused initially but now with warhawk, resistance and uncharted in my library I gave in and $50 was the cheapest possible price I believe right now.
Just DL'd patch 1.3 for Warhawk last night... I got this game for $40 with the headset (not DL). While not a big fan of on-line gaming, but this is the only game i play on-line. 90% of the time i'm not really helping my team (just goofing around). I can't control the Warhawks very well, but did okay against some newbies. Well, it turns out that the headset is uselss, since my Eye does all the communications. The only thing i like about this game is the number of servers dedicated to it, i.e. i don't have to wait to play, regardless of my skills...
Old 04-04-08, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Wick
How is Hot Shots Golf: OOB? I'm thinking about returning a copy of Lair that I bought, in order to finance a purchase of that game because I've loved the last two games in the series.
It got great reviews and i'm very tempted to get a copy myself (never played hot shot golf series in my life, but know people love it, even they don't play golf or like golf for that matter).

EGM gives it B, they don't like the fact that a $60 game doesn't allow you to play your own music (which sucks, but i don't care, since my taste of music sucks, lol). However, all agreed that on-line mode is highly addictive...
Old 04-04-08, 09:31 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Ocelot
It got great reviews and i'm very tempted to get a copy myself (never played hot shot golf series in my life, but know people love it, even they don't play golf or like golf for that matter).

EGM gives it B, they don't like the fact that a $60 game doesn't allow you to play your own music (which sucks, but i don't care, since my taste of music sucks, lol). However, all agreed that on-line mode is highly addictive...
Yeah, the 8.9 it received from IGN really piqued my interest. It was on my radar before its release because I loved Hot Shots Golf 3 and Fore, but I have a huge backlog of games to play, so I'm starting to get wary of buying new games. However, this seems like it'd be a fun pick-up considering Lair is apparently pretty mediocre (and maybe better served as a rental.) I'm sure I'll get more playtime out of Hot Shots and it'll be fun to play with friends if I get another controller.
Old 04-04-08, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I love Hot Shots OOB, but I'm a pretty big fan of the entire series. I'm still trying to get used to the new method of taking a shot. Once i get the hang of it, I'm pretty sure it will become my preferred way to play.
Old 04-04-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,121 Likes on 1,632 Posts
Originally Posted by Ocelot
Just DL'd patch 1.3 for Warhawk last night... I got this game for $40 with the headset (not DL). While not a big fan of on-line gaming, but this is the only game i play on-line. 90% of the time i'm not really helping my team (just goofing around). I can't control the Warhawks very well, but did okay against some newbies. Well, it turns out that the headset is uselss, since my Eye does all the communications. The only thing i like about this game is the number of servers dedicated to it, i.e. i don't have to wait to play, regardless of my skills...
Wait, it's the only game you play online but you don't really like it? Or am I misreading your post?
Old 04-04-08, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.