Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread Pt. 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Blech - can't stand the Dead. To each their own though.

I'll definitely get Nevermind. Now about a complete Master Of Puppets release?
Old 02-12-08, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Blech - can't stand the Dead. To each their own though.

I'll definitely get Nevermind. Now about a complete Master Of Puppets release?
Guitar Hero 4 is rumored to have MOP.

I think it's pretty damn unlikely.
Old 02-12-08, 02:41 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sauce07
The original release of Who's Next only had 9 tracks, one of which we already have (Won't Get fooled Again) so i doubt they will be charging for it.

Not a huge Dead fan (bring on some Phish/Umphrey's McGee) but i will still jusm all over it just becasue the songs are fun. The 18 songs will likely me the poppier stuff like Sugar Magnolia, Uncle Johns Band, Touch of Grey, ect.
We already have one of Nirvana's Nevermind songs as well. Unless they are counting 13 tracks with the hidden one. 13 - In Bloom would equal 12.

But if not, that would make it

18 - Greatful Dead
8 - the Who: Who's Next
11 - Nirvana: Nevermind
12 - March's list
============
Old 02-12-08, 05:38 PM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
Hm...I have the rattling as well. And I also get the Auto-Overdrive from time to time but I never connected the two.

Guess I need to replace the guitar? Is that right?
No. The rattling is completely normal. Everyone has it. The noise is from the tilt sensor that activates overdrive. Some people's sensors are more sensitive than others, but they all rattle. If yours isn't activating automatically very often, then (assuming no other problems) there is no need to RMA. The occasional unexpected activation is probably due to quickly titling the guitar a bit without realizing it.
Old 02-12-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wasn't too excited when I heard about this week's DLC, but still interested enough to get them. They actually turned out to be pretty fun in my opinion, especially Truth Hits Everybody. Plus they are all master tracks. If they were covers then yeah, it would be a lot less interesting, but I don't think this week deserves quite the level of grief it's been getting. They have kept to their schedule of at least three a week so there is always something new. Last week people complained about the B-52s song even though that was both a new band and a new genre for the game. And frankly that song (Roam) is really fun to play as well in my opinion. On the other hand, when the Oasis Pack came out a lot of people were happy but there was nothing for me that week. Just the way it goes.

I don't think they are holding back the albums, they keep saying that it is taking longer than they expected to actually get them ready but that it will be worth the wait. If it was a marketing thing I think developers would say something like it's up to the 'powers that be' when it gets released.
Old 02-12-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Originally Posted by JM
No. The rattling is completely normal. Everyone has it. The noise is from the tilt sensor that activates overdrive. Some people's sensors are more sensitive than others, but they all rattle. If yours isn't activating automatically very often, then (assuming no other problems) there is no need to RMA. The occasional unexpected activation is probably due to quickly titling the guitar a bit without realizing it.
That's interesting. I have no rattle in my guitar and I always have to manually push for overdrive. Maybe that explains it.
Old 02-12-08, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It is indeed a different strokes sort of thing. I prefer the classic rock and am looking forward to the hippy shit (i am both a hippy and in my 30s). However this afternoon my sisters came over to play (one in high school and one in college) and they didn't know the majority of the music but enjoyed the American Rejects or whatever those cheap DLC songs were (the ones that were on sale). Something different for everyone.

I would like to see more of the big classic rock anthems (Freebird etc.) and a little more variety in bands. My personal problem is my wife is obsessed with the Police and therefore requires i buy every track by them. I'd like some different cuts.

I could go for more Black Crowes though.
Old 02-12-08, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rock Band needs a Queen pack. Bohemian Rhapsody, Fat Bottom Girls, and Princes of the Universe, yeah that would be sweet.
Old 02-13-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DLC post is currently out of commission. I've contacted L&O to see what the problem is. I did a couple edits to this morning to add in tiering and fix some typos and poof, gone! Hopefully, this can be fixed here, otherwise, I'll try to find some alternative to get the info to you guys, if needed.
Old 02-13-08, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The contents are still there as I can quote it. I've seen problems in the past with posts being too large, but usually that gives you an error when you try to save your edit. I've never seen it disappear like that. Weird.
Old 02-13-08, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
The contents are still there as I can quote it. I've seen problems in the past with posts being too large, but usually that gives you an error when you try to save your edit. I've never seen it disappear like that. Weird.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I tried to trim out the intro paragraph and the outro thanks, but that didn't seem to do anything. Then I deleted the "current week's DLC" section, and it came back. I then assumed it was too many tags going on. I then went in to my local copy, removed all the italicized dates that coincided with each song in the alpha section and copied that up, and still nothing.

I've heard of people breaking posts on forums before with too much info/editing, but I never thought I'd be one of 'em. Heh. I do have post#3 too, so hopefully we can salvage it and maybe split it across two posts if size is an issue.
Old 02-13-08, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
Rock Band needs a Queen pack. Bohemian Rhapsody, Fat Bottom Girls, and Princes of the Universe, yeah that would be sweet.
I can't wait to stand around for three minutes waiting to play something in BR.

You miss some STRONG guitar songs, like Tie Your Mother Down and Stone Cold Crazy.
Old 02-13-08, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I can't wait to stand around for three minutes waiting to play something in BR.

You miss some STRONG guitar songs, like Tie Your Mother Down and Stone Cold Crazy.
What no love for Radio Ga-Ga?
Old 02-13-08, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Question for those who have had gear replaced by EA:

How long do they actually take to ship?

I processed my request Monday evening, and I was issued a UPS tracking # immediately.

I assumed it would go out yesterday, but as of today it still doesn't have an origin scan. Just trying to get a feel for how long it might take.
Old 02-13-08, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fixed the DLC post! Woohoo!

The whole problem was stemming from an invalid tag. I accidentally put one of the tiers in with the ending URL tag, so it had a
Code:
[/URL/3]
in there and I guess that blew the whole thing up. I didn't notice it, since I do the whole thing in notepad and just paste it in with updates. Does anyone know of an offline editor that's available so I didn't have to edit/preview/change so much because of mismatched tags and whatnot? Eventually, I'll probably just write a program where I can fill in the info and it'll spit out the full list, but I'm lazy.
Old 02-13-08, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Question for those who have had gear replaced by EA:

How long do they actually take to ship?

I processed my request Monday evening, and I was issued a UPS tracking # immediately.

I assumed it would go out yesterday, but as of today it still doesn't have an origin scan. Just trying to get a feel for how long it might take.
It took about three or four days between getting my tracking number and when they actually shipped it out. Not too shabby.
Old 02-13-08, 12:30 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Yeah.. mine took about 2.5 weeks when I requested a replacement a few days after the game came out.
I did get a free game out of it though.
Old 02-13-08, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well it's set to ship 2nd Day Air, so as long as it goes out in the next few days I'm fine with that. Thanks guys.
Old 02-13-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
..Fat Bottom Girls...
The song's not too bad either
Old 02-13-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just moved up to Hard guitar and I'm struggling. I've made it through the first two tiers, barely three-starring each. Is there a point that this actually "clicks" or something? If I have to play "Learn to Fly" one more time I'm going to go ballistic on my guitar. Do you think they'd swap out a guitar I smashed to pieces or set on fire?
Old 02-13-08, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think hard does start to click. I'm only a little bit passed you, in fact maybe the same tier as LtF wasn't that long ago. There's just a lot more chord changes and you start to slide your hand more and it gets more natural. I still get "lost" on the fretboard myself to the point I have to look at my "claw" and reset my position.
Old 02-13-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
I think hard does start to click. I'm only a little bit passed you, in fact maybe the same tier as LtF wasn't that long ago. There's just a lot more chord changes and you start to slide your hand more and it gets more natural. I still get "lost" on the fretboard myself to the point I have to look at my "claw" and reset my position.
Joey.
Old 02-13-08, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jdpatri
I just moved up to Hard guitar and I'm struggling. I've made it through the first two tiers, barely three-starring each. Is there a point that this actually "clicks" or something? If I have to play "Learn to Fly" one more time I'm going to go ballistic on my guitar. Do you think they'd swap out a guitar I smashed to pieces or set on fire?
I was stuck on David Bowie's Suffragette city on Hard for a long time. Probably a month or so. Then I got Guitar Hero 3 and that game is definitely harder and after finishing that on Normal, I was able to breeze through RB's hard mode. Now I am moving onto expert.
Old 02-13-08, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been 5 starring everything on guitar on Medium, so I'm hoping Hard gets a little more interesting.

I've now played all the GH games as well as Rock Band, and in my experience with the all the Medium modes, the GHIII Medium is the hardest by far. I think playing that right before RB has kind of sharpened my skills.
Old 02-13-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finally hit the wall on "Enter Sandman" on Hard. The part right after the opening (YOB w/ pulloffs) or the solo kill me every time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.