Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Burnout Paradise

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous
Yea I cant get em. Ill try when I get the burnout license.

I have another question, how the hell do I do Burning Rides? I go to those intersections and theres events there, I dont see how to start them.
Burning Rides are for the motorcycles. So you have to show up at that intersection on a bike and then you can start it. Same with Midnight Rides.

Sorry the unlock codes aren't working out.
Old 10-17-08, 02:35 AM

So... I'm still stuck... have 5 trophies left and I can't figure out how to get 'em:
Invite a friend to join you in Paradise City
Complete a Freeburn Challenge
Jump over another Player's Car
Complete 10 Freeburn Challenges
8 Players meet in the Wildcats' Baseball Stadium

Anyone here tell me how to do this?!? I have NO IDEA what I'm doing when I go online... spent an hour racing guys who were insanley good before I finally got 1st place.. thought that would give me the "Freeburn Challenge" trophy... no dice...

What the heck?!?

I sent out 15 friend requests trying to get the "invite a friend" trophy... no dice... no one would "accept" my request for me to then invite them... annoying...

This is quite annoying as I don't seem to have a grasp on the online aspect of this game...

ANNOYING...
Old 10-17-08, 03:55 AM

For the freeburn challenges, you have to either be in a room and be invited to take part in a challenge, or you can create your own room and then when other people join initiate a freeburn challenge.
Old 10-17-08, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For the invite a friend trophy, you have to already have the friend (and they have to be online). The you just start a race and invite them. They don't have to accept for you to get the trophy... the important part is that they are already in your friends list and they are currently playing.

The Freeburn ones are pretty easy, just pick Freeburn from the menu when you go online, not Race. They are two different things. (The "jump another players car" and "meet in wildcat stadium" happen quite frequently during normal play while doing the Freeburn challenges... i.e. don't try too hard to get them, they will come pretty easy).
Old 10-18-08, 12:44 AM

Just add me. I play Burnout Paradise quite a bit. PSN ID is KenKeith.
Old 10-18-08, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by keit2208
Cool... mine's Nxlr8

Anyway... I think you guys have helped me out quite a bit... I played until 4am last night and managed to get 4 more online trophies... so I "think" I understand it now...

I get frustrated fast and this one was a doozie!
Old 10-19-08, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The getting 8 people in Wildcat Stadium one took me awhile. It is hard to get all 8 guys to go along with the challenges sometimes.
Old 10-19-08, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Burning Rides are for the motorcycles. So you have to show up at that intersection on a bike and then you can start it. Same with Midnight Rides.

Sorry the unlock codes aren't working out.
I got the codes to work! Maybe I needed a few wins under my belt. Thanks for the burning rides tip.

I am loving this game. I made a playlist with my own MP3s and christ it just livens it up even more. Plus Atomica still interrupts, so it feels a bit cooler

I havent seen what you get for getting all these trophies. Is there a point to it?
Old 10-19-08, 05:52 AM

I havent seen what you get for getting all these trophies. Is there a point to it?
Total internet bragging rights is what!
Old 10-19-08, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree. It is all kind of pointless. I will admit though if you really like a game it is a good reason to play it more. With most games I don't care enough about them to do a lot of extra stuff to get a difficult achievement or a trophy, but with Burnout I loved the game enough to want to play through and get them. Basically it was an excuse to play a game I really loved all the way through again. That won't happen with most games for me.
Old 10-19-08, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by darkside
The getting 8 people in Wildcat Stadium one took me awhile. It is hard to get all 8 guys to go along with the challenges sometimes.
This online thing is starting to come together for me...

Got into a game with a group of about 4 guys who seemed to "know" each other... I just asked the host to do the wildcats challenge when we had 8 people... next thing you know, there were 8 of us in the stadium... Pretty cool to have people help out...

I got my Platinum last night!!! Now on my way to 100%...

Originally Posted by keit2208
Beat some of your Road Rules last night... pretty cool to see a name I recognized!
Old 10-20-08, 01:49 PM

So trophies are just for bragging? Cool, but I got better stuff to do. Like beating the stunt runs, I hate those! I cant score for shit on those. I hardly find ramps and I just ebreak alot and end up drinving fast and maybe going through fences.
Old 10-20-08, 02:05 PM

So trophies are just for bragging? Cool, but I got better stuff to do. Like beating the stunt runs, I hate those! I cant score for shit on those. I hardly find ramps and I just ebreak alot and end up drinving fast and maybe going through fences.
Bragging is "the point"... I mean, when you beat someone's Road Rule, what's the point there either? It's all about bragging...
Oh... I'm 2 trophy's away from 100%...

This might help you... reversing counts toward your goal too...
Just find a section that has a lot of billboards and ramps... I start at the section to the East of the Lone Ranch (straight section under the train bridge)... 2 super jumps, 2 billboards right there... then off to the right, in the "shipping yard" there are more billboards and superjumps to score big on...
Old 10-31-08, 01:34 PM

Lots of news...

Like Burnout Party http://criteriongames.com/article.php?artID=367

A lot of info in there and on the Criterion page about upcoming paid DLC. A new disc they're releasing (Burnout Ultimate Box) that includes all the 2008 updates and the Burnout Party update, which will be the first DLC of 2009.

Each Friday for the next month, Criterion will be announcing new DLC coming in 2009. There are currently 5 DLCs planned, of which party is one of them.
Old 11-07-08, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
OK, this is freakin cool.

http://kotaku.com/5079670/burnout-pa...-to-the-future
Old 11-07-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^^ I love how the developers put so much time and effort into the expansions on this game. I just wish more companies would do that instead of throwing out crappy sequels and charging for DLC.
Old 11-07-08, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Haven't played this game for 5 months, may have to pull it out and do these updates.
Old 11-07-08, 02:59 PM

Awesome! But paying for 4 new cars? Fuck that, I bet itll be like $10 or something. Its just cars, and since theyre not calling it the DeLorean, its not like theyre paying a registered trademark fee.
Old 11-07-08, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You evidently didn't see the hovercar capabilities of this DLC, did you?

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...1/hovercar.jpg

I personally don't mind paying for content that I might want, and especially since Criterion has provided so much FREE content since the game came out.
Old 11-07-08, 03:45 PM

Burnout Party and the Legendary Car packs.

At least two more announcements coming.

And let me just say that I'm really really hoping that the Eastwood expansion is not going to part of the paid DLC.

And let me also concur with all the comments about how amazing the Criterion team is for constantly updating and improving the game, especially heretofore for free!
Old 11-07-08, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Damn I wish I enjoyed this game more at all, I'd drop five bones on the DeLorean in a heartbeat.
Old 11-07-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am still bitter on how they pretty much changed the entire Burnout franchise but that is awesome they are still attending to it with DLC.
Old 11-07-08, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by thelwig14
I am still bitter on how they pretty much changed the entire Burnout franchise but that is awesome they are still attending to it with DLC.
What was the old one like? This has been my first foray into the Burnout world.
Old 11-07-08, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by thelwig14
Yep. If they go back to the standard racing format, I'd be back in a heartbeat.
Old 11-07-08, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What was the old one like? This has been my first foray into the Burnout world.
Pretty much just standard racing...linear with a few shortcuts...direct from A to B. It was like that from when I jumped on board (Burnout Takedown) and Burnout Revenge only added traffic checking (which I didn't care for but wasn't that big of a deal). It also never required car unlocking online so everyone could immediately compete.

I know it has its fans, but wide open city and such is not what Burnout really was or supposed to be.

I still have Burnout Revenge and it is cool to get some races in because there are still old school Burnout diehards.

I don't think I was ever more disappointed in a game than I was with Paradise. I have no problem with it, just call it a new franchise and release a true Burnout game.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.