Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

One Year Later with a Wii...I need help deciding between 360 or PS3

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-07, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Either last spring or fall. They incorporated the "low power" (aka standby) feature. If you queue up anything to download you can shut off the system and it will go into standby and still download. Same thing if your play and charge cable is plugged in. It shuts everything down but what is required for the task at hand.

It is a feature you have to turn on in the System Settings though. I believe the default setting is 'off.'
Old 12-12-07, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ocelot
Those complaints are from way back, so some of them might be addressed already...
2. You can't organize the media files. It's messy and i can't access my files efficiently.
They added the ability to create your own "albums" (folders) for your photos / videos / music.
Old 12-12-07, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Walker Boh
They added the ability to create your own "albums" (folders) for your photos / videos / music.
When did this happen? I would be ecstatic to have my music nicely organized.
Old 12-12-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
When did this happen? I would be ecstatic to have my music nicely organized.
I think it was firmware 2.0

I forgot to mention that it can be done to games too, so now you can put all of your demos in one folder.

Triangle on a file or folder to bring up options, select Information, and change the album (folder) name to whatever you want. Then change the view to Group Content > By Album.

I'm really tired, but hopefully that made sense.
Old 12-12-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I used to be a Sony hater and ironically the PS3 has shown me the light. You can pry my PS3 away from my cold, dead hands!
Old 12-14-07, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mark me down for 360 as well. My Wii has been a $250 paper weight since we played the hell out of Wario Smooth moves (getting Mario Galaxy for X-Mas) and almost every game for the PS3 is out on the 360 as well. But I do love my PS3 for blu ray movies!
Old 12-14-07, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Mark me down for 360 as well. My Wii has been a $250 paper weight since we played the hell out of Wario Smooth moves (getting Mario Galaxy for X-Mas) and almost every game for the PS3 is out on the 360 as well. But I do love my PS3 for blu ray movies!
Thats what bugs me the most about people who bought a ps3. It is like they got so ripped off in regards to buying a video game system. Not many killer exclusives and they always have to keep a "glass is half full" attitude by saying "well at least it plays blu ray". It is total BS on Sony's part. They need to step up and define the product they are selling. Is it a computer? Is it a blu ray player? Is it a video game system? Make up your mind Sony and do it quickly.
Old 12-14-07, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
I know more people that have 360s because they are gamers, and a select few friends that aren't gamers that got the PS3 because of BluRay.

That said, I want to be a gamer. I really don't care about BluRay or HDDVD at this point.