Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

360 Adapter or Linksys Gaming one?

Old 12-04-07, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

360 Adapter or Linksys Gaming one?

Hello

I'm about to get either one of these but since I've never had to use one due to being wired I wanted everyones take. So far I've heard nothing but positive feedback on the 360 adapter but nothing bad on the Linksys G either. I can get the 360 one used for the same price as a new Linksys. I've got the Linksys WRT54G router already and running XP. Thanks for the input.

Kenny J - Buzz Starhopper
Old 12-04-07, 08:17 AM

I had a Linksys Wet11G on my original xbox, so when I got the 360 it was a no brainer. Over the summer I got the 360 adapter for $50. I connected it with no problem, even with the the fact I run wep security.

So if you can get the 360 adapter cheap go for it. It will save you from from having to use a extra power outlet.
Old 12-04-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had read in a much older thread that you could use some plug & play wireless cards with the 360 but have not had any luck finding much else out by doing searches. I think one of our members mentioned that they were using a standard PC one for theirs. Any other info on that?
Old 12-04-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I tried using a bridge but I couldnt get it to work. found a xbox wirless adapter on craigslist for 50 bucks. No way in hell I would pay 100 for it.
Old 12-05-07, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

forcing to buy a wireless adapter is another shitty thing i hate about the X360... for that matter, i did what most gamers did, move the router near the Xbox and then use the supplied cable...