Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Cutscenes, isn't it time for them to stop?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Cutscenes, isn't it time for them to stop?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-07, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
As long as I can skip 'em, I don't care. If I'm not digging the story, all I want to do is get to the next level. I despise games that force me to watch them. Games that make you watch them multiple times(after dying, a second play through, etc), are even worse.

While there have been some good great games this gen, only one comes to mind for blending the action and cut-scenes brilliantly for me, Heavenly Sword. It truly felt like I was playing a movie, the exact opposite of every other game out there where you know you are watching a mini-movie in a game.

Worst offender this generation? Super Paper Mario. Good god it was like reading a game.
Oh gracious... you have to bring the SPM example up... sigh, you can't pass anything in that game! Ah! Frustration to the max... I'm one of those "anal" gamers who likes to find out all of the combinations to the answers for the game questions. However, i was cured of the obsession by the first "game over" in SPM (i.e. answered NO to everything and "game over," i was forced to watch the entire beginning AGAIN).
Old 11-09-07, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
The LONG cutscenes of Call of Duty 3, which you had no option to skip, almost ruined that game for me. COD4 is a HUGE improvement in that (and all other) areas.
Old 11-09-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG

I hated the cutscenes on Marvel Ultimate Alliance, because they seemed to jump in quality from scene to scene. Some were hi-def rendered, others used the in-game engine, and others looked like they were PS1 rejects.

That and it takes you out of the game when the cutscene shows either characters you're not even using, or costumes you didn't choose.