Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Wii Thread - Part VIII

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-08, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 915 Likes on 556 Posts
Gettting my Wii back from Round 2 of service today - wish me luck!
Old 03-27-08, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by emanon
Gettting my Wii back from Round 2 of service today - wish me luck!
Good luck man. How has Nintendo been to you (customer service wise) for this?
Old 03-28-08, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 915 Likes on 556 Posts
Got it - and it works this time!

Well...I sent them a strongly-worded email expressing my dissatisfaction with them making the problem worse after the first repair attempt. They wrote back, and apologized, but also suggested that in most cases it's "user error" related to "third party accessories" when something like this happens, and can be resolved over the phone. I mean - c'mon - my Wii sounded like a damn blender. Unlikely that's the result of hooking it up wrong, wouldn't you say?

At their request, I called them to allow them to troubleshoot it. Within moments, they agreed with me that something was definitely wrong with it and issued a 2nd day delivery shipping label. Shipped it out to them last Tuesday; got it back this Thursday. Not bad turnaround with a holiday in between.
Old 03-30-08, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 184 Likes on 126 Posts
Look what I saw today at Toys R Us around noon:

The clerk said the stack was actually higher in the morning.
Old 03-30-08, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts
Toys R Us has always been allocated more Wiis than any other store - it's where I got mine on Black Friday '06 - they had a similar sized stack, but they weren't going that quick back then.
Old 03-30-08, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
When I was at Best Buy today i overheard a lady mention they had some too.
Old 03-30-08, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked one up at Target today. They had half a dozen or so in stock. I went to Best Buy right after that, and they had none.
Old 03-31-08, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can you guys give me your lists for favorite mini type games? I'm looking for games to play with my wife.. I lent my Wii to my sister and her family for the past 4 months and we need something to play together (can be old or new).

Thanks!
Old 03-31-08, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 916 Likes on 650 Posts
My favorite was Rayman (1).
Old 03-31-08, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,139 Posts
Originally Posted by emanon
Got it - and it works this time!

Well...I sent them a strongly-worded email expressing my dissatisfaction with them making the problem worse after the first repair attempt. They wrote back, and apologized, but also suggested that in most cases it's "user error" related to "third party accessories" when something like this happens, and can be resolved over the phone. I mean - c'mon - my Wii sounded like a damn blender. Unlikely that's the result of hooking it up wrong, wouldn't you say?

At their request, I called them to allow them to troubleshoot it. Within moments, they agreed with me that something was definitely wrong with it and issued a 2nd day delivery shipping label. Shipped it out to them last Tuesday; got it back this Thursday. Not bad turnaround with a holiday in between.

Mod note: Moving to the 360 thread. Oh...wait a minute....Nevermind.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-31-08 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-31-08, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOS ANGELES, March 31 /PRNewswire/ — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix(TM) interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it will launch FINAL FANTASY(R) FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon(R) for the North American market on July 8, 2008. Coming exclusively to Wii, the game brings a loveable cast featuring Chocobo and his friends to the next-generation platform for the first time.

Veteran character designer Toshiyuki Itahana delivers a uniquely compelling visual world in which a cast of beloved FINAL FANTASY characters leads players through an immersive storyline. With a carefully crafted narrative and a grand mystery to unravel, FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon will captivate gamers looking for a multifaceted RPG experience.

Players of all skill levels will appreciate everything this game has to offer, from the intuitive Wii controls and adorable characters, to the intricate story and versatile job system. Chocobo, a FINAL FANTASY fan favorite, takes on trademark job classes from the franchise such as black mage, knight, and scholar. Players can unlock more jobs as they progress through the game. The ever-changing dungeons and unexpected twists and turns offer hours of engrossing gameplay as players explore the newest adventure in one of the world’s most popular RPG franchises.

STORY

Chocobo and Cid, FINAL FANTASY mainstays-turned-treasure hunters, are magically transported to a mysterious town whose people’s memories are lost with each bell toll of the clocktower. One day, a strange boy named Raffaello arrives and creates dungeons of memories to help the townspeople remember who they are. Now it’s up to Chocobo to journey through the dungeons and retrieve everyone’s memories!

FEATURES
* A charming, vibrant game world coupled with an engaging storyline and challenging turn-based battles to create a fun and entertaining RPG environment
* A compelling gaming experience utilizing a variety of classic FINAL FANTASY job classes such as the knight, black mage and white mage to aid Chocobo in his fight against evil
* Character designer Toshiyuki Itahana, from the FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES(R) series and FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo Tales(R), lends his trademark art style
* Duel against friends via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in addictive card battles featuring popular FINAL FANTASY creatures in a unique 3D pop-up book style
* Collect hidden letters throughout the adventure and form special phrases to unlock secret dungeons and job classes
* The signature Mog House offers arcade-style mini-games that can be played with intuitive Wii Remote controls

FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon has not yet been rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo’s Dungeon will be available in North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $39.99 (USD). The official website can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/fffcd
I love me some dungeon games, so this is a day one for me.
Old 03-31-08, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tbird2340
Can you guys give me your lists for favorite mini type games? I'm looking for games to play with my wife.. I lent my Wii to my sister and her family for the past 4 months and we need something to play together (can be old or new).

Thanks!
I'll second Rayman.

I also enjoyed Warioware (although poor multiplayer experience)
Super Monkey Ball

I've heard some enjoy Carnival Games as well.
Old 03-31-08, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DVDChris
I'll second Rayman.

Super Monkey Ball

I personally find WarioWare one of the best multiplayer games out there. I play it at parties with about a dozen other people every few weeks. I love te organized chaos it provides.
Old 03-31-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah? Are you guys taking turns playing the single-player game? The actual multiplayer mode in Warioware is over after about one mini-game since no one else knows what the heck is going on.
Old 03-31-08, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope, this is the multiplayer game. That's how WarioWare is though, insane micro games. That's why I like it so much is because people are yelling, laughing, runnign around and throwing the WiiMote around... it is just craziness. If that's not your bag, I can totally see how. The best one is where the Miis are dressed up like angels. That's always a crowd pleaser.
Old 04-02-08, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question for those with MLB Power Pros -- is there a way to set the pitching rotation?
Old 04-02-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Actually found a Wii today. Picked it up with Mario Galaxy. Been a great day, got the Wii, new HD DVD player and my new Samsung LED DLP.

Just need something better than these crappy RCA cables for the Wii.
Old 04-03-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

No More Heroes at Newegg for $28 shipped.

Courtesy of Skorpe at SD.
Old 04-03-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sold.
Old 04-03-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,027 Likes on 814 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingINClip
Actually found a Wii today. Picked it up with Mario Galaxy. Been a great day, got the Wii, new HD DVD player and my new Samsung LED DLP.

Just need something better than these crappy RCA cables for the Wii.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Solid price if you have other cables to order. Our local Best Buy got a boatload of Wiis in stock last Thursday night, they put them out - sold 4 or 5 in the 10 minutes before they closed and were out when I went back the next day for some blank discs.

Last edited by RichC2; 04-03-08 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-03-08, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
No More Heroes at Newegg for $28 shipped.

Courtesy of Skorpe at SD.
Out of stock. I was definitely in at that price, but too late.
Old 04-04-08, 09:24 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by DVDChris
I'll second Rayman.

Super Monkey Ball

1. Warioware
2. Rayman: Raving Rabbids
3. Super Monkey Ball

Avoid Mario Party 8
Old 04-04-08, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i'm officially giving up buying Wii games, unless the high profile ones...

I realized that i'm buying Wii games for others to enjoy rather myself. Smash Bros is cool, but not really my cup of tea, but seeing kids love it, $40 well spent. However, Endless Ocean is a waste of $20, the game looks awful (even my kids agreed). See, if a game takes time to explore and stuffs, you're not distracted from the graphics. Well, obviously, the game was bought at a bad time too, since we were playing CoD4... While playing as a sniper in CoD4, every blade of the grass is visually appealing, but as a diver in Endless Ocean, oyi... I know i shouldn't compare the two, but i couldn't help myself.
Old 04-04-08, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by darkside
Out of stock. I was definitely in at that price, but too late.
It's $33.99 with free shipping on Amazon right now. A little more, but still decent.
Old 04-04-08, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,139 Posts
Originally Posted by Ocelot
i'm officially giving up buying Wii games, unless the high profile ones...

I realized that i'm buying Wii games for others to enjoy rather myself. Smash Bros is cool, but not really my cup of tea, but seeing kids love it, $40 well spent. However, Endless Ocean is a waste of $20, the game looks awful (even my kids agreed). See, if a game takes time to explore and stuffs, you're not distracted from the graphics. Well, obviously, the game was bought at a bad time too, since we were playing CoD4... While playing as a sniper in CoD4, every blade of the grass is visually appealing, but as a diver in Endless Ocean, oyi... I know i shouldn't compare the two, but i couldn't help myself.
Graphics Whoooore!!!!

But seriously, I'm in the same boat as far as buying Wii games but at least you have kids and other family who can enjoy them and justify the purchases. I'm a single guy with no kids or old folks to wow with my Wii. The last game I bought was Super Mario Galaxy and I got bored and frustrated and never finished it. I've been trying to watch people play "Brawl" at kiosks to see If I want to buy it but I still can't bring myself to buy any new Wii games.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-04-08 at 09:48 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.