Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Wii Thread - Part VIII

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-08, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
As soon as I get my GH3 replacement disc I'm sending it back for the rebate and putting that towards RB!
Old 03-24-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
The Wii version of rock band will be a port of the PS2 version. So no DLC if that is important to you and no online anything. All it will have is 4 more songs than the PS2 version.
Old 03-25-08, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 972 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
The Wii version of rock band will be a port of the PS2 version. So no DLC if that is important to you and no online anything. All it will have is 4 more songs than the PS2 version.

Yeah I know.

F*** them!

I am getting damn tired of these WiiS2 ports. The Wii is closer to the 360 then the PS2 in performance and yet they still always gimp every single multiplatform title so that Wii owners get stuck with an inferior version. Do they really think we aren't noticing? I really hope there is a major backlash against these inferior ports and shovelware that seems to plague every successful system.

At least GH had online play and we were going to get downloadable content although I don't know if that is happening anymore or not. The graphics sucked ass but at least we got the full game. There is absolutely NO reason why the Wii can't have the full game for RB. Why do they have to gimp it? That's right, they're lazy asses. Instead we get 5 songs (whoopdeedoo) and a horrific white drum set.

If you can't tell I'm really pissed at this announcement as I have been looking forward to this releasing on the Wii for awhile. Forget it now.
Old 03-25-08, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been waiting to pick rockband up for the Wii but I'm not paying $170 for it if it's missing options. Hell rock band for the 360 is only $150 at sams club...
Old 03-25-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
That's really lame about Rock Band. I'm so glad I didn't wait around for that version and just got a 360. I figured the Wii version was taking so long because they were working out the DLC issues.

Hopefully the five bonus songs will at least be something cool (but not so cool as to make me jealous).
Old 03-25-08, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mario Theme
Zelda Theme
Metroid Theme
Kirby Theme
Star Fox Theme

Maybe?
Old 03-25-08, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Mario Theme
Zelda Theme
Metroid Theme
Kirby Theme
Star Fox Theme

Maybe?
Not without lyrics.
Old 03-25-08, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been looking for a reason to get a Wii, and Rock Band may be it. I'm fine with the lack of DLC, but I agree it is probably overpriced because of that.

What does the Wii supply look like these days? What's my best bet for finding one at a B&M?
Old 03-25-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Follow the ads or randomly stop by Gamestops when they get their shipments in. If you already have a 360, you're doing yourself a disservice to buy this on Wii instead of 360.
Old 03-25-08, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nosmo Rex
I've been looking for a reason to get a Wii, and Rock Band may be it. I'm fine with the lack of DLC, but I agree it is probably overpriced because of that.

What does the Wii supply look like these days? What's my best bet for finding one at a B&M?

But it isn't just the DLC although that is a big part of it. It's missing the world tour mode and online play and custom avatars. Basically it just has one mode, quickplay and that's it.

Screw 'em.
Old 03-25-08, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Gotta love our fellow Nintendo hardcore!

Viink from 4 Color Rebellion is getting married next week and has posted his wedding invitations:

front:

back:

Awesome!
Old 03-25-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Nosmo Rex
From Cheap Ass Gamer:

Circuit City's March 30th Sunday ad:
The Wii IS listed in this week’s ad on Page #8 // Limited quantities // No rain checks // Limit 1 per household // Minimum 10 units per store // Vouchers will be handed out 1 hour prior to store opening // Get your warm coats / gloves ready Folks!
Old 03-25-08, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by CreatureX
From Cheap Ass Gamer:

Circuit City's March 30th Sunday ad:
The Wii IS listed in this week’s ad on Page #8 // Limited quantities // No rain checks // Limit 1 per household // Minimum 10 units per store // Vouchers will be handed out 1 hour prior to store opening // Get your warm coats / gloves ready Folks!
Hmmm. It just so happens I have a $25 GC at CC. The question is: am I too lazy to get out of a warm bed early on a Sunday morning?
Old 03-25-08, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by shumway
If you already have a 360, you're doing yourself a disservice to buy this on Wii instead of 360.
I have to heartily agree on this one. The Wii is awesome for some multiplayer games. This isn't one of those times/games. Getting a Wii for Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Smash Bros. or even something as bizarre as Raving Rabbids makes sense .... but in a multi console household getting Rock Band on Wii isn't the way to go.

Last edited by MasterofDVD; 03-25-08 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-25-08, 04:14 PM

Wii Punch Out.

Believe.
Old 03-25-08, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wii Clu Clu Land.

Believe.

Or don't.

Whatever.
Old 03-25-08, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I have to heartily agree on this one. The Wii is awesome for some multiplayer games. This isn't one of those times/games. Getting a Wii for Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Smash Bros. or even something as bizarre as Raving Rabbids makes sense .... but in a multi console household getting Rock Band on Wii isn't the way to go.
My rationale for getting Rock Band for Wii instead of 360 is that the Wii will be in a room that will be easier to set up and store the drums. I have GH3 on the 360, and have never done any online stuff, except to download a few songs. But yes, Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers will be must-haves for the Wii for me. And yes, the lack of DLC for the Wii does make me wonder about the value.
Old 03-25-08, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But it could have been the same experience, with not as good graphics, if the developers weren't so lazy.
Old 03-25-08, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Wii Clu Clu Land.

Believe.

Or don't.

Whatever.
Old 03-25-08, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tanman
But it could have been the same experience, with not as good graphics, if the hardware was capable.
Fixed.

All kidding aside.....I love my Wii but it's no graphical powerhouse and the limited internal storage space makes some games not all that they could be. I would love a stand for the Wii that adds some mass storage space and opens up the options for the system a bit more.
Old 03-25-08, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fixed.

All kidding aside.....I love my Wii but it's no graphical powerhouse and the limited internal storage space makes some games not all that they could be. I would love a stand for the Wii that adds some mass storage space and opens up the options for the system a bit more.

I know the Wii is limited in power but you know it could have done a full fledged Rock Band easily.
Old 03-26-08, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tanman
I know the Wii is limited in power but you know it could have done a full fledged Rock Band easily.
Your totally right but personally I would never buy a game like RB or GH where I don't have the option to download extra music. Sure it costs more to get extra songs but my taste in music is pretty off and when these games are announced I am only ever excited to have maybe 1/3 of the songs. Having options to get more songs later on for a small price is a big selling point.

Found this a moment ago posted elsewhere and wanted to share it....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kpC6D8BjQTI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kpC6D8BjQTI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 03-26-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
that's pretty sweet. I wish i knew how to do shit like that.
Old 03-26-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Your totally right but personally I would never buy a game like RB or GH where I don't have the option to download extra music. Sure it costs more to get extra songs but my taste in music is pretty off and when these games are announced I am only ever excited to have maybe 1/3 of the songs. Having options to get more songs later on for a small price is a big selling point.

Found this a moment ago posted elsewhere and wanted to share it....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kpC6D8BjQTI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kpC6D8BjQTI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Fucking Dragonforce? Cool! Now show us how to do it!

Theyre on rockband?
Old 03-26-08, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I saw 4 Wii's at Target today. It's odd seeing them in the case.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.