Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Xbox 360 Thread - Part IX

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-07, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOB: 11-7-2005
RROD: 11-28-2007

Didn't get a chance to crack open Mass Effect either, maybe by Christmas??

I just got off the phone earlier today w/ MS to get a coffin for my month old Woot Zune... hmmm karma kickin' in?
Old 11-29-07, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,102 Likes on 671 Posts
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/...ls/default.htm

How to Enter:
Register your gamertag.
Download any Xbox Originals game between December 4-5.
Check your e-mail to see if you're a winner!

Related Links:
Xbox Originals
Official Sweepstakes Rules
More Play & Win Contests

Xbox Originals Play & Win Sweepstakes
Published November 27, 2007

Following the exciting news that original Xbox games are now available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, we've got a fun Play & Win Sweepstakes to celebrate! To enter, all you have to do is register your gamertag and then download any of the Xbox Originals from Marketplace between December 4 and December 5. We're giving away five Xbox 360 VIP Accessory Kits, as well as dozens of other prizes!

Travel in style with this VIP Accessory Kit.

Five (5) First Prizes:
Xbox 360 VIP Accessory Kit (Wireless Controller, 2 Play & Charge Kits, Xbox LIVE Vision camera, Quick Charge Kit, Universal Media Remote, Wireless Networking Adapter, Wireless Headset, Memory Unit (64MB), Limited Edition Xbox 360 Aluminum Carrying Case)

Twenty-Five (25) Second Prizes:
12-month Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription

Twenty-Five (25) Third Prizes:
1600 Microsoft Points

You must register for your chance to win!
Register your gamertag before the end of the promotion on December 5. Check out the Play & Win rules for full details on the sweepstakes, including more info on how to register and participate, as well as detailed prize information.

The Play & Win promotions from Xbox.com are an easy way to jump in and interact with the Xbox LIVE community. It's easy to enter and you could win some great prizes. Look for more exciting Play & Win promotions in the future!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (includes the District of Columbia) 18+. Game ends December 5, 2007. For details including free, alternate method of entry, see the Official Rules

List of Xbox Originals:

Burnout 3: Takedown
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex
Crimson Skies
Fable
Fusion Frenzy
Halo
Psychonauts
Old 11-29-07, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hail2dking
DOB: 11-7-2005
RROD: 11-28-2007

Didn't get a chance to crack open Mass Effect either, maybe by Christmas??

I just got off the phone earlier today w/ MS to get a coffin for my month old Woot Zune... hmmm karma kickin' in?
Mine should be delivered back to me today. I don't have the entire timeline in front of me, but I believe I called it in, the first week of November. Got the box a week later (according to UPS tracking I'm looking at), shipped it to them which took 5 total days (including a weekend), then its taken 6 days from time it shipped from them (which was 2 days after it arrived at their location), if its delivered today. Xbox customer service via phone was actually very helpful, and was able to provide me UPS tracking numbers on the coffin, as well as the outgoing shipment of my Xbox back to me.

I believe my 360 was a similar production date as yours and up until it RROD, I had never had 1 issue with it.

I'm curious to see if I get mine back (doubtful with the turnaround), a refurb or a new unit. I'd either like to get mine back or a new one with an HDMI output, but we'll see what happens.
Old 11-29-07, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sniper308
Mine should be delivered back to me today. I don't have the entire timeline in front of me, but I believe I called it in, the first week of November. Got the box a week later (according to UPS tracking I'm looking at), shipped it to them which took 5 total days (including a weekend), then its taken 6 days from time it shipped from them (which was 2 days after it arrived at their location), if its delivered today. Xbox customer service via phone was actually very helpful, and was able to provide me UPS tracking numbers on the coffin, as well as the outgoing shipment of my Xbox back to me.

I believe my 360 was a similar production date as yours and up until it RROD, I had never had 1 issue with it.

I'm curious to see if I get mine back (doubtful with the turnaround), a refurb or a new unit. I'd either like to get mine back or a new one with an HDMI output, but we'll see what happens.
well got it back, and it was my same 360 (same Serial Number, etc) Reconnected, re-entered the network settings, etc (would have thought those were stored on the Hard Drive, but must not be?), and started it up long enough to see that when it went out, it corrupted my Halo3 save file (that's the game I was trying to load when it RROD, and I was able to load a save game for MUA with no issues), so I deleted that and restarted and all seemed good. Haven't had a chance to really put it to the test though. Here's hoping the fix is good.
Old 11-29-07, 07:56 PM

Got my same unit back also.......the drive was alot louder, but man, my 360 can be on all day and still cool to the touch........
Old 11-29-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hmmm Fable, might have to download that and finally play it...Not sure when I am going to have time in between Halo, NHL, Puzzle Quest, and the games I am getting for xmas.
Old 11-30-07, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 917 Likes on 650 Posts
Not once have I ever cared about the Artist of the Month thing Live offers until now...

Dream Theater is the December Artist of the Month!
LIVE members on Xbox 360 will have access to exclusive performance, interview, and behind the scenes footage from Dream Theater's recent tour

Dream Theater will be playing over Xbox LIVE on 12/5 in the Game with Fame program. Get onto Xbox LIVE and prepare to play your favorite band. Details at Xbox.com

Awesome. Now, if only a track or two would show up in GHIII or RB.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 11-30-07 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-30-07, 07:37 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm.. some Dream Theater in rockband. That would be nice.
Old 11-30-07, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,253 Likes on 4,274 Posts
How much will the Xbox Originals be and how big will the DL files be? (Not that I would buy any of them, I'm just curuious)
Old 11-30-07, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Every game will be 1,200 points ($15).

File size will vary by game. I think the OG Halo is 2GB.
Old 11-30-07, 10:20 AM

I was considering Psychonauts, but if the whole thing is handled like the live arcade then I might have to think twice about it. I'd hate not to be able to play a game because I somehow got disconnected from Live or decided not to keep Live.
Old 11-30-07, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Unless you are talking about the issues of their usability if you have to get a new 360, I'll agree. But, you should have 100% access to them and your XBLA titles if you do not have a Live Gold account or if you're offline.
Yes, if and when I need a new 360.
Old 11-30-07, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,139 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Cool. I don't like DL games like this beause I want a physical disc. Either way hope this forces Gamestop and others to price their used XBOX games around $9 max.
Old 11-30-07, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone who has not played Psychonauts should make it a point to get this game. I still stand solid behind my rating of Collectors Series and I will be spending the points to play it again. http://www.videogametalk.com/review.php?ID=146
Old 11-30-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,027 Likes on 814 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelgearX
I was considering Psychonauts, but if the whole thing is handled like the live arcade then I might have to think twice about it. I'd hate not to be able to play a game because I somehow got disconnected from Live or decided not to keep Live.
Why would you get rid of Live though? It's free (Silver).
Old 11-30-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Anyone who has not played Psychonauts should make it a point to get this game. I still stand solid behind my rating of Collectors Series and I will be spending the points to play it again. http://www.videogametalk.com/review.php?ID=146
Likewise, I can only hope that Beyond Good & Evil is added to the BC list and offered up on the Xbox Originals Channel so that it can have a second chance to shine (at least until Beyond Good & Evil 2 comes out on the Wii).
Old 11-30-07, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Likewise, I can only hope that Beyond Good & Evil is added to the BC list and offered up on the Xbox Originals Channel so that it can have a second chance to shine (at least until Beyond Good & Evil 2 comes out on the Wii).
Isn't it called Way Beyond Good & Evil?
Old 11-30-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Isn't it called Way Beyond Good & Evil?
Nope, it's now called Beyond Good & Evil: Warrior Within. Jade is now blond and bustier and war has hardened her with added scorn and attitude! The eclectic score has been changed to a heavy metal/hip-hop soundtrack. Combat has been revamped with a heavy combo system and the photography, exploration and adventure elements have been removed.
Old 11-30-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Yet another reason why the "20GB" hard drive is way too small.
Old 11-30-07, 12:40 PM
Banned

(at least until Beyond Good & Evil 2 comes out on the Wii).
You still have hope that BG&E 2 will ever be made? That's like me refusing to believe that Duke Nukem Forever is vaporware.
Old 11-30-07, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by taffer
You still have hope that BG&E 2 will ever be made?
Ancel himself gave some hints to that effect in a recent Nintendo Power. He also hinted at the sequel last year at a Video Games Live appearance in Europe. It doesn’t make it concrete, but there's a lot of rumors about Ubisoft giving him leeway to do it based on them endangering their relationship with him due to some happenings concerning Rayman Raving Rabbids.
Old 11-30-07, 12:51 PM
Banned

Rumors have persisted about BG&E 2 for years. I won't believe it until I hear an actual official word saying the game is in development.

After all, there were also a lot of rumors that Kid Icarus would be "re-imagined" on the Wii. Nothing yet...
Old 11-30-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,027 Likes on 814 Posts
So much lost potential...

Every programmer on here should apply for a job at Nintendo, just so we can persuade from the inside
Old 11-30-07, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No need, Retro Studios is already working on the next Kid Icarus.
Old 11-30-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Nope, it's now called Beyond Good & Evil: Warrior Within. Jade is now blond and bustier and war has hardened her with added scorn and attitude! The eclectic score has been changed to a heavy metal/hip-hop soundtrack. Combat has been revamped with a heavy combo system and the photography, exploration and adventure elements have been removed.
Don't forget the nose ring and all goth clad Jade.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.